“Great romantic atmosphere with awzm food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ko Tao, Thailand
“Great romantic atmosphere with awzm food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This restaurant is a little bit hidden in Koh Tao's nature and it is worth going there for sunset (although this is mosquito time!). The atmosphere is very romantic with music playing and lights in the trees. The menu offers western as Thai dishes. The house specialty is E4 but we found E5 so much better! The steak just melts in your mouth. What is also highly recommended is the grilled duck curry - great taste experience (for those who like it less spicy, let them know). Happy hours for drinks are offered, they are doing good mojitos for good prices. The chocolate brownie as dessert is perfect for finishing a nice eve.

• Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
“Incredible steak and a stunning view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been traveling around SE Asia for the last 7 months with my husband and this was one of the most memorable meals.

Lung Pae offers free pick up which our hotel was kind enough to organize. They were about a half hour late, so we almost missed sunset, but we caught the tail end and were able to take in a worthwhile view of the beautiful jungles. The sun did not set on this side of the mountain so I wouldn't pick it as a sunset destination, however the view definitely ups the romance of this place.

The feel is quite casual with good service and what I consider excellent prices (especially considering the location).

I'd recommend listening to other reviewers and GET THE STEAK. Ohhh maaan is it ever tender and so delicious. They have beautiful filets here for a third of the price I'd pay back home. I chose the E4 which had a red wine marinade, it was a bit on the peppery side, but every bite was so savory and delicious and cooked just how I liked it. My husband opted for the E2 steak and loved it every bit as much! The accompaniments were also delicious, a nice mash, fresh asparagus, etc. The wine was decent and mojitos were on special, so all the pieces of the puzzle are really there for a wonderful dinner.

The only thing I can fault them for is dessert probably took another 40 mins to come out after we finished our dinner. The brownie with ice cream is clearly baked in house and comes out warm with a slightly crisp top and a tender, savory inside. It was heavenly and my husband could not stop sneaking bites. Even with the extra wait time, I'd recommend this dish as well.

The taxi-truck returned about 20 mins after dessert and drove us back to our hotel for free, though I'm sure a tip is appreciated. Chatted with other couples in the taxi who all ordered Thai food and sounded like they had a pleasant time but missed the wow-factor we got from the steaks. So if you want to take your experience from good to great, I'd definitely recommend the steaks.

Tip: Call a day ahead and make a reservation, this place gets quite busy though they have ample tables. Also, the route there is rough and a bit dangerous, especially on motorbike, so do take advantage of the free pick-up service.

Koh Tao
“Lovely sunset setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a great Thai owned and run restaurant hidden up the mountain overlooking Chalok Ban Khao, so has great views all day long and especially nice for sunset. The menu has a good variety of dishes offering the usual Thai cuisine and catering for foreigners who might not like things so spicy, just tell them how hot you want it. They offer steaks, whole fish or BBQ dishes and a variety of sides all at a reasonable price and with a friendly smile. If you go when dark, take a torch as there's no lighting on the deck, so only candle light to see the menu, and if you're like me and find it hard to read in the dark, you'll need a torch! The great thing about this place is they offer a free pick up service from almost anywhere on the island!! You call them up and say a time and they collect you and take you home, which is a massive bonus as their road is steep and it's slightly off the beaten track, so other taxis charge a fair bit....use the free service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What for a nice place and good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

People in Thailnd use to say that the food is everywhere 'same same', but in this case, it's wrong. There the food is just better, really fresh for the king prawns I ate.
Someone came to pick up us at Sairee Beach and drove us above the hill and drop us there. We had a table just on the border of the terrasse with a view on the sea, really fantastic AND romantic. Just don't forget to say 'no spicy', a little bit is already verry hot

Melbourne, Australia
“Wow what an amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Amazing, fantastic, wonderful, excellent are some words that come to mind.
I wouldn't shut up about how good the place was for the rest of the night after we left.
I went with my girlfriend. She had a seafood yum salad with rice and a fried egg and I had to try the E4 steak with red wine sauce, mash and salad. I have been living in thailand for a year and a half now, much of that time spent in koh tao. Look at some of my other reviews. There are a lot of dissapointing places around koh tao. Staff that ignore you, don't care, can't understand any english. That is not the case here at all. This isn't just a place to go and eat it is truly an exceptional dining experience. We went the first time around 2pm or something where there was a big dog seemingly guarding the door. I wandered in and woke up a few staff that were sleeping all around the place. They said it was closed and would open at 5pm. The view is fantastic as well. Take a camera.
Went back the next night. Be careful, the road is pretty sketchy, especially with 2 people on a motorbike. Take it very slowly.
To find the place go to chaiwat supermarket in mae haad and the down the road that is almost directly opposite there. follow that road for a few minutes and you will see a sign on your right. Turn off there.
Anyway the steak was cooked perfectly how I asked. All the food was delicious. The staff were amazing and very attentive. I was surprised to see some familiar faces that I didn't know worked there. One girl literally just stands looking out over the 8 tables in the balcony section looking out to help anyone. There are also more tables inside.
This has to be one of the most memorable dinners I have had in Thailand or anywhere for that matter. Obviously it is not fine dining or 5 star but it is definately worth a visit and a possible motorcycle accident to get there ;)
Do check it out!