“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 54 Ko Tao B&B and Inns
Uppsala, Sweden
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had booked 1 week here, but we liked it so much that we asked if we could stay 2 more days.
The rooms are simple and nice.
The staff is wonderful! They make you feel very welcomed, and they are very helpful.
The food is very good to, you will not go starving if you eat here =)
The prices are good, the food is great.
We will defenitly come back next year!

Close to the beach and shopping =)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The rooms are very clean and maintained daily, the location is great! just a short walk to the beach, we actually loved kicking back in the restaurant for a beer watching the tourist traffic come into town each afternoon then heading to the beach for sunset. What really makes this a wonderful place to stay is the owners and staff everyone is so friendly and kind. We are heading bcd for another trip this season and I would recommend this place for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Johannesburg South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I found the hotel to very clean and the staff were very polite.
I had a problem the day before I left to travel to Koh Tao and the owner was very accommodating in changing my booking for me and not charging a cancellation fee for the one night.
I also needed to get an e mail printed out urgently and the staff and owner went out of her way to assist me even though there were problems with the e mail.

The hotel is very well situated in the centre of all the action and close to the beach and shops. The food at the restaurant is very good. I stayed downstairs in the 3rd room from the restaurant and we didn't have a problem with noise.

The rooms are clean, simple but comfortable.
Only one negative, the shower has no glass or curtain separating it from the rest of the bathroom so when you shower, the entire bathroom tends to get wet.

I would certainly stay there again and do recommend the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the restaurant as possible because of noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I feel very conflicted about this review and have ruminated for several months before posting, I stayed here because it was well reviewed and well priced...
There were lots of pluses, great food! The French proprietor was fantastic and couldn't be more attentive and helpful, as we're some of the other staff but...
2 particular staff, who happened to be in very prominent customer gain roles, were simply appalling! Surly, in attentive, passive aggressive and at times openly laughed at the fact they deliberately antagonising me with poor service. I've travelled in south East Asia for 4 months and am well aware of the variety of service styles but these were singularly the worst I've come across and I've never been pushed to respond in such a way as I like to be easy going. If I was the owner I would dispense without delay.
Another example of the poor service was an outright lie; due to noise from the restaurant At night i requested politely if I could move to a room further away...the response was a curt, we're full for next few days - without even making eye contact with me. The French owner moved us when I raised with her without delay the next day.
Sairee sairee would have got a 4 star review from me but until this service issue is sorted I wouldn't go near it again, even for a free room.
Apologies to the owners as I don't enjoy writing such a negative post. I suspect you know who they are. It absolutely ruined my stay there and was the low point of a tour of a country abounding with friendly,professional service at this price range

• Stayed November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for four nights. It is located in the heart of sairee! About 400m walk to the beach. The room is spacious and very clean. The staff were always friendly and helpful. My next stay in koh tao I will be happy to stay here again

• Stayed December 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here for nights,It quite to seven-eleven and far from the beach about 300 m.The room is clean .but It is not good quality sleep since there is locate in the city,There have Pub and resturants around there and bla bla, Room service is ok, But I won't go another time, I think I recommend to stay close on the beach is better. Chilling on the beach, if you don't being a fan of snokeling as me,I recommend you just stay the hotel that close to the beach and service taxi boat to go to Koh Nagyuan.That s' great,I just want to chilling on the beach, get fresh sea breathe and enjoy sunbathing with Paradise sea view,It cost only 300 baht to go and return.and you can adjust your time to go back to Koh tao by yourself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I liked it here. Rooms are clean, cosy and comfortable. It's reasonably priced, hot showers in room with TV and even a DVD player! Great if your diving and need a quiet night in!
Location is good, plenty of shops, bars and restaraunts close by and beach only 5 minute walk away.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the restaraunt as I'd read good reviews about it. The reason I was disappointed is that they don't do Thai food which I found very surprising, however it wasn't really an issue as right across the road there are two lovely little restaraunts with great selections of Thai food for very cheap. Yes I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sairee Sairee Guesthouse? Share your experiences!