“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
nz
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Me and a friend were travelling through Thailand and I had fractured my foot so I had to change my plans quickly.

I booked this place last minute through agoda about an hour before I left on a bus from Bangkok to Koh Tao. As our time was limited I didnt have enough time to ring the Villa to ask for directions or to organise a pick up.

When I arrived at the pier, to my surprise Belynda(the owner) had arranged for somebody to meet us there.

We arrived(early) somebody had just checked out and the staff working there were so accommodating. Belynda was not there at the time so they left us a cellphone so we could ring them at anytime if we needed anything.

The villa, was like a mini apartment was spacious, had two separate rooms with queen beds. The lounge was really big, had a big TV with alot of movies to choose from(which was perfect for me at the time)There was also a pool out the front.

The location is about a 10 minute walk to Sairee.It is down a dark road however it is a safe area so there werent any problems.

I really enjoyed staying at Alila Villas - felt like a home away from home. If I ever am in Koh Tao again I will be staying here

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I've been coming to Koh Tao since 1997 and staying all over the island from small bungalows to grand suites but Alila Villas has been my favorite by far - a perfect balance of lovely Thai decor, modern conveniences and top-shelf caretaking.

We were initially concerned about the location but it turned out to be ideal. Again, a good balance of being close enough to walk to the market, restaurants, shops etc and still have the option to retreat to our own private pool on those days when we preferred more quiet time. Also nice not to have to walk uphill after a long day of diving or a long night of drinking!

Belynda and her staff are are awesome and you can tell that they really take pride in caring for their guests. We're looking forward to coming back with our families and friends and will make Alila Villas our home away from home whenever we're back on the rock!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Frogner, Akershus, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just got home from a great holiday at the beautiful island of Koh Tao in Thailand. Found a great house online and hoped it would be like the pictures decribed, cause we all know that it is not allways the case. But this was everything and more !!!!!! It is just like the pictures, it`s clean and the service provided by Belynda (owner), Kung and Mr Bear is absolutly excellent!!!
Thank you so much for making this a holiday to remember.
We can absolutly recommend Alila Villas:-)

Tommy Ingebrigtsen & Wenche Engelbrethsen with family

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Beylinda and her staff looked after us so well! The villa was more than big enough for husband and I and our friends and their 2 children. Really nice, modern decor, comfortable beds, fully equipped kitchen. Much better than any other accommodation we've had before on the island. Would definately stay again as amazing value for money. Thank you Beylinda!

• Stayed February 2012
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Having lived on Koh Tao, I was eager to see how much had changed after 5 years! As we stepped off the boat a taxi was there to meet us and take us directly to the villa. Belynda was there to greet us with everything we needed and wanted to know.
We were 2 couples and 2 kids and there was plenty of room to accomodate us all (extra bed and cot bed provided)
The villa is modern with a Thai flavour and an absolute pleasure to stay in. The staff are very thorough and friendly, and if there was anythng we needed, Belynda was there.
Thank you for an amazing stay, Koh Tao has changed quite a lot since I was there, it seems accommodation is now a lot more plush!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ciutadella, Menorca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Myself, my partner and our two children decided that we would spend Christmas and New Year in Thailand......

Through a friend that has been a resident on the island of Koh Tao, we were introduced via email to Belynda, the owner of the Alila Villas and began to exchange details of the wants, needs and would likes for our first time in this part of the world.

I can sincerely say that we were more than looked after in regard to the villa, the hospitality of all involved with the upkeep of the property and the locals generally.

The villa is set in the amazing area of Jitsin and is only a ten minute walk to the village for all of the local amenities........ the beach is closer.

Belynda helped with the organization of excursions to different parts of the island, vehicle hire/transfers and most importantly........... children's activities.

We'll definitely be visiting again, as the whole experience was made incredibly easy through the thorough and well thought out planning of the host.

Roll on Christmas!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Hi I am a Dj and I have recently returned from a tour of Asia. While in Thailand Koh Tao the promoter had arranged for me to stay at the Alila Villas instead of the usual hotel....I wasn't sure what to expect as i like to have the servicesH a hotel normally provides. I can honestly say that I was not disappointed ....the villas were brilliant...absolutely spotless, tastefully furnished and very comfortable ....the pictures on Trip Advisor give a good idea of what the villas are like. It was near to the local shops and beach. But more than that Balynda the owner was there to meet us and to give us really helpful information about the local area....she and her staff couldn't have been more friendly. As a Dj I have travelled the world with Radio 1 and stayed in the top hotels but if I went back to Koh Tao There is no doubt that I would choose to stay at the Alila Villas again.

Fergie (DJ )

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Chalisa Villas? Share your experiences!