“Open Water Certification” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 95 Activities in Ko Tao
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Coral Grand Divers is a prestigious PADI 5 Star IDC dive centre in Koh Tao. Having been established on the Island for over 10 years the Coral Grand Divers has already set new standards for organisation, safety, professionalism and accommodation both in luxury and budget types. All PADI courses from beginner to professional level, are taught by a team of highly experienced multi-lingual PADI Diving Instructors using the latest teaching methods together in a sound learning and fun environment. All of our customers are automatically covered by our insurance policy and we are also proud to be a sponsor of the local SSS Recompression Chamber Network.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Open Water Certification”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I did my open water course through Coral Grand, it was great. Staff was fun, made you feel comfortable and very professional. It was such a great experience that I have continued my diving when I returned back home and will recommend Coral Grand to anyone wanting to do there open water or any other certification.

Visited April 2013

Toronto
5 attraction reviews
“Open Water Course -- Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was the most nervous of nervous wanna-be divers when I began my PADI Open Water course at Coral Grand Divers. This included crying pre-entry into the pool. ;) I couldn't have completed the course at anywhere but Coral Grand. The instruction is impeccable. They really cover all aspects of diving thoroughly -- theory, pool training, and very comfortable sea dives. You receive close instruction from seasoned professionals who guide you every step of the way to make sure you're comfortable and understand the material. I never felt rushed or passed over. My instructor, Rosina, spoke multiple languages and was obviously very responsible and had a lot of experience. She coached me through every step, including my first sea dive. She convinced me that even though the water was completely opaque (yikes!) if I stuck close to her everything would be fine. And guess what? It was! Now I'm hooked on diving and feel confidant about diving all over the world! Do yourself a favour and get certified here. Plus, we got a deal through Lamphu House Hotel in Bangkok where for 8900 baht we received: boat/bus to Koh Tao from Bangkok, Open Water course and four nights accommodation. What a steal!!

Visited December 2013
4 attraction reviews
“An Excellent Introduction to Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Like a lot of people beginning diving I was quite nervous, but Coral Grand made the experience very safe and rewarding. If you're lucky enough to be paired with Baas as you instructor, you'll get a highly personalized and entertaining class. I consider myself very fortunate to have begun diving with Coral Grand.

I also stayed with Coral Grand for the week I was there. The resort is in an excellent location right on the beach and walking distance from the town. The fan rooms are quite basic, but extremely clean and very comfortable.

Visited November 2013
“Great guides to dive with !! Fun and responsible. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I just did 4 day trips of fun diving in koh tao, the weather wasnt the best but they did there best and we still dive, I really enjoyed.

Oslo, Norway
“Loved diving with these guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a great time with all the staff at Coral Grand Divers. Will definitely be back for more.

Did not stay there, but the dive trips and the dive staff was wonderful.

A bit confusing at times. The management seemed to have too many things to do or was just not on top of everything, but still loved it and can highly recommend.

Visited September 2013