“Great Service, Fun Diving, Excellent Trips” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Roctopus Dive team is a young, friendly and energetic collection of dive instructors from throughout the world. Handpicked because of their passion for the underwater world and first class knowledge and experience teaching people how to dive. We promise small group sizes (max 4) for increased personal instruction, safety and enjoyment. The Thai style Roctopus HQ is situated in quiet, relaxing grounds close to Sairee beach, a short walk from all the shops, restaurants, and bars. We can offer customized courses for couples, groups and families, by arranging a diving package to suit your needs. Also take advantage of our infamous Sail Rock Trips (every Sunday) and see the best dive site in the Gulf of Thailand. Come and join the Roctopus Dive family and become part of the sub culture.
ny
3 attraction reviews
“Great Service, Fun Diving, Excellent Trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I recently went on an overnight trip to the Ang Thong National Marine park with Roctopus Dive. What a great trip! Everything from accommodation to meals to transport was taken care of, and all I had to worry about was having great dives during the day and watching monkeys play in the trees at night. If you do this trip I highly recommend hiking to the island's viewpoint (and packing sturdy shoes!)

I have subsequently gone on some fun dives with Roctopus and received the same great service and attention. If you are looking for personal attention, friendly faces, and divemasters who know your name, then say no to the big dive factories on Koh Tao and say yes to Roctopus!

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write this review Alex. Really pleased you had fun on the Ang Thong trip......really is a great experience.

Damascus, Syria
3 attraction reviews
“Insane customer service - great diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

It was hard to chose a diving co to take the first dive...there are so many in Ko Tao. My husband was diving for the first time ever and was a bit nervous about it. He didn't want to be in a big group and needed more personal attention - in comes ROCKTOPUS DIVE.
These guys are insanely helpful and nice. It feels like you are hanging out with your friends rather than taking a course. Will not only helped set up the dive but helped us find accommodation as well (which is inlcuded with the course fee). We wanted a beach bungalow and were willing to pay a bit more and he found it for us...we were literally right in front of the beach (check out the attached pics) and we only had to pay $35 usd extra per night. Quite a steal! especially during the busy August season. I didn't want to dive but the crew was nice enough to let me come along one day and watch my husband dive. They even helped me with equipment so that I could snorkel while they were diving. Truly went above and beyond!! On top of all this the dive shop is right next door to "Mint Kitchen" a little thai restaurant serving cheap and great food. You wanted to hang out there all day. If you want to scuba dive in Ko Tao skip the big companies and head straight for Rocktopus. You won't regret it!!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
“Roctopus is a must for Koh Tao diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I got my Open Water Diver certification with Roctopus and could not have had a better experience. The class size was 1 or 2 other students the entire time, with lots of individual attention from the dive masters. Everyone there is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and a lot of fun.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to get certified for any level because of the personal attention and expertise of the crew. They also hold Eco-Diving courses which I plan to take in the future!

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Hello, it was a pleasure teaching you Megan. I hope to see you and Matt back here soon for your Advanced Open Water. Have fun in Bangkok!!!
San Francisco, California
“Killer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Rocktopus was great. Will was extremely accommodating and a very nice guy. He was very flexible working around our party schedule, which sometimes made us cancel or reschedule dives at the last minute (sorry Will).

We dove for 4 days, 2x day and it was great! When I go to Koh Tao I´ll definitely use them again!

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thanks Jesse for the review. I'm happy you enjoyed fun diving with us. Next time you come hopefully you will get to see a whaleshark!!!
London, United Kingdom
“The best school I've ever dived with - Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

A fantastic experience! This was my fourth visit to the island, and I’d previously dived with two of the bigger companies where I’d gone diving with Dave. Knowing his high safety standards, his genuine love for and knowledge of diving around Koh Tao, and the fact that he’s lots of fun to dive with, I was looking forward to diving with Roctopus. It was even better than I’d expected! They chose dive sites that worked best for the level of experience I had, arranged to go at a time when the dive sites weren’t packed with other dive schools, and chose the sites they knew would have the best dive conditions. Thanks Dave and Will – I had a fabulous time and hope I can visit again soon!

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Hi Claire, it was great to see you and Andy on Koh Tao. Must have been nice to get away and relax for a couple of weeks. Take care and we hope to see you back here again soon.