“Nice to be back” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 202 Reviews
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice to be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were here back severl months ago and stayed longer this time around to take the dving lesson which is probably the cheapest anywhere you can find. The garden around the bungalows are much nicer. Different mangement but the place was well kept. Good and improved breakfast with the shuttle bus that can take you around the property more conveniently. Great to be back. Price was higher than our previous visit but still a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Thai first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Visitng Koh Tao was our most enjoyable holidays. The island offered true nature and serenity. we stayed at this beautiful resort sitting on top of a hill overlooking the sea. The room was brand new and well kept. The staff was polite and tried to offer their best services. The breakfast was plentiful. The only set back is the hilly walkway that require strong leg muscle if you do not want to wait for the shuttle bus that the resort provided. It is quite isolate if you want privacy. The nearest nightlife is about 15 minute ride.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were at this resort at the height of the peak season. The location and the room were just fantastic. Great place to stay and go snorkeling. Good breakfast and garden. However they did have problems with services due to lack of staff. The managment tried to please us to the fullest extend but they should be better prepared for the high season.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

service was the worst I have ever experienced. A resort in the
price class should offer more for value.

Disorganisation and poor management was in the daily agenda, no one of the guests I have talked too was satisfied and did already complain.
- Not capable to manage bookings, no answer after several times asking, needed to book a stay over booking side
- Breakfast was ok, but standard low.
- Side is ok, but is located 10min away from village.
- Going to the pool takes a while downhill but climbing back up might be quite exhaustive with hot temperature.

Allover a poor hotel, which I certainly can not recommend to stay in.

• Stayed January 2013
Hotels-Resorts P, General Manager at Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear howieloco,

Thank you for taking the time to give us the opportunity to improve our services by writing us a valuable review of which we highly regard.

We are deeply disappointed to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We would also like to take this chance to let you know what we are doing to prevent this from occurring again in the future:

1) We have carefully selected some of our more experienced staff from our other resorts to support and deal with the issues that we are facing to ensure that our services are of the aimed -for standard.

2) Staff that we have present in some areas are undergoing re-training to ensure that they offer the standard of service our guests deserve.

We highly regard all of our guest’s reviews and comments and thank you for taking time to provide feedback.

If you come back to Thailand again in the future we hope to welcome you back to stay with us.

Yours Sincerely,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice bungalow with a fantastic sunset, but the room was dirty and it was to expensive of what You really get... Nice little beach in the foot of the resort, lovely to snorkeling! Not good service, i would not stay there again...

Dear Marshi 78,

Thank you for taking the time to write an important and valued comment on our resort, we highly appreciate you doing so.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our beach with its amazing snorkeling and sunset at night.

We apologize greatly for the room cleanliness not being up to our usual standard and for the service not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Our entire team is currently set to undergo extensive re-training to ensure that we give the standard of service that the Pinnacle Group always strives to achieve.

From all of the staff here at Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort, we would once again like to send you our apologies and hope that some time in the future you will visit us again.

Yours Sincerely,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable week here. We had requested a room near the beach and were given the furthest possibe room from the beach/pool. We were moved to a bunglow half way down and only 144 steps from the beach. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was no security at night, we had a drunken Russian kicking at the door at 2 am. When I phoned reception he said he was sleeping but did come down to sort it out. I pointed it out to management the next day and they knew nothing of it and said they would get back to me (they never did). The restraunt is over priced compared to what is just outside the resort. The location to the clear blue sea and snorkeling could not have been better. The breakfast was good but no varation. It would take 30 mins to get towels at the pool. There is a shuttle, but you might have to wait and does not operate at night. For all it's downfalls, I would return to it's comfort and beauty.

Room Tip: Must be on a level with the restraunt or lower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotels-Resorts P, General Manager at Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Rocman2

Thank you for writing a review about our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your thoughts and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the experience of staying with us.

As for your points of critique, we do apologize for not meeting your full expectations, and we would like to let you know that to prevent the problems you experienced from occurring again In the future, the following has been done:

1) We have put a security guard on standby at the reception throughout the night with another guard roaming every section of the resort.

2) We have made adjustments to the schedule and procedures of our pool staff, to eliminate the wait for pool towels.

Should you come back to Thailand in the future, we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort.

Best Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

It seems I arrived at this hotel during a period of severe short staffing and unfortunately It really impacted on my experience overall. It wasn't all bad but the following things I felt really should not have happened:
Nothing was explained to me about the resort on my arrival i.e time of breakfast, how to get around the resort which caused me to panic in the dark when i first arrived and just had to keep walking until I was lucky to find an English speaking family who Were kind enough to walk me to reception where I was determined to be given the answers to the questions I had. Following this upon getting to room I do have to say it was basic but extremely comfortable and clean which helped me to calm a little. And the next morning I woke upto a beautiful sea view.
I had many problems with taxis during my stay at the hotel too. I was being charged ridiculous amounts to make small journeys because I was alone and at times many of them refused to take me back to the remote location of the hotel because I was just one person and at time this did make me feel extremely vulnerable as a woman on my own. This particularly disappointed me as I had emailed the hotel in advance to explain my situation and I had been reassured about a shuttle service down to the sairee beach area that would guarantee my safety and this just wasn't the case for me.
One final negative point I should point out that I was actually refused room service one day being told 'we're preparing for the party so no'.
I do think I was particularly unlucky during my stay at the pinnacle and towards the end of the 4 day stay i felt that the staff were becoming a more friendly towards me but unfortunately my experiences have put me off from ever wanting to return to this hotel.

Dear Amy

Thank you for taking the time to write a valuable review about our resort. We are sad to hear that we did not live up to your full expectations.

From all the staff here at Pinnacle Koh Tao, we would like to apologize for failing to provide you with the expected standard of service all our guests deserve, and we thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and would like to inform you that we are doing the following to ensure better service:

1) We have new training regimes in place for the current staff and have brought in new experienced temporary staff to cope with the high season to ensure better service quality.

2) We are in the process of hiring night time receptionists to make sure guests arriving late are properly informed about hotel information on facilities and services, including transportation services.

We also deeply apologize for refusing room service on our New Years Eve party, at which time we could not facilitate room service.

We hope that you will give Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort a second chance in the future, so that we may provide you with the positive experience we work to give all our guests.

Best Regards

Tim

Been to Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort? Share your experiences!