“Good times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 79 activities in Ko Tao
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Phoenix Divers is an award winning SSI 5 star training facility/SSI Dive Centre and PADI Dive Centre located on the sunny island of Koh Tao, Thailand. Courses are offered from beginner to professional and start everyday. Phoenix speaks your language. Take your training in Swedish, English, French, German, Danish, Russian, Norwegian, Spanish, or Thai.
“Good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Al I can say is this is the best dive shop on koh tao, they are so welcomining and friendly, what eva you need they will sort it out, and I am only starting my fun dives tommorrow...gonna be happy days:)

Visited April 2013

Perth, Australia
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our first dive experience away from Australia where we are from and we couldn't be happier.
The staff were knowledgable, friendly, helpful, paitent, fun and most importantly knew their stuff.
All the hire gear was in good condition. The boating operation was efficient. The pink boat was awesome with geeat fruit served on board as well as biscuits, tea and coffee.

AND BEST OF ALL

WE DIVED ALONGSIDE A WHALE SHARK ON OUR VERY FIRST DIVE.

Thanks heaps Phoenix Divers for a great trip.

Visited February 2013
“Good value SSI package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The SSI open water course I took with Phoenix was great value. Accommodation was included but basic so I paid. couple of hundred baht extra for an air-con room. 100baht token for breakfast was also a nice touch. Course stretched over 4 days, could have done it in 3 but the extra day did help the info to sink in. It rained all 4 days but visibility wasn't affected too badly.
Only 3 people in the group I learnt with. Our instructor had plenty of time to answer any questions and to make sure each subject was understood. Mikhail the instructor even got up extra early to help one of our group to overcome his mask problem. Our 1st dive at Japanese Gardens was great fun, even though it was shallow and quite busy. I enjoyed doing barrel rolls and swim thrus.
Our 2nd day of diving was a very early start followed by a boat ride in rough seas. Getting into the water while the boat was swelling took some courage but once under the water I quickly calmed down. I felt confident and at ease under the water which helped to make the experience more enjoyable. I swallowed a mouthful of seawater when we surfaced which made me sick on the boat. I wasn't in the mood for the final dive and the seas were still rough but during the break we took between dives I ate some fruit and started to feel better. I'm glad I overcame my negative feelings and made the dive.
I would recommend Phoenix to anyone that is looking for value and good service. I went in low season for Koh Tao so it was quiet. I'm sure they are equally good in the busy season. All the staff were friendly. Hard to forget Britt and her lucky husband.
Of course I plan to continue my underwater adventures. There is a reef shark out there somewhere waiting for me to return. Maybe this year....

Visited November 2012
“Awesome snorkeling trips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Been snorkeling with June twice, and we never get disappointed! So much fun :-) We stopped at 5 different snorkeling sites, ate lunch and even stopped on Nangyuan Island. We would definitely do it once more! It was cheap too :-)

Visited March 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Pune, India
“Life changing experience !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall experience at Koh Tao was memorable and Phoenix was the reason behind it. Always wanted to learn scuba diving. Chose Phoenix after reading reviews here and also little bit on my instincts. It was the best decision !!! First of all the people at Phoenix are warm and always helping. Everybody makes you feel at home and comfortable. My package (OW+AOW+stay) was one of the cheapest on the island. It helps if you have pre-booked online so that there wont' be any confusion or disappointment in case of non availability of rooms.

Jasmin, my open water and advanced open water course instructor was awesome. She was clear in explaining theory and very calm and patient during our tank,open water skills sessions. Add to that beautiful marine life at Koh Tao, my other dive buddies and DMT's who came to assist us and the whole experience was just terrific.

Would definitely go with Phoenix divers again on my next trip.

Visited March 2013