“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Stockholm
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I dont know if the six of us going there were starving our what it was, but ALL of us where very happy with this restaurant. The pizzas were great, one of us actually said it to be one of the best he'd ever tasted. I tried a delicious shrimp pasta....We were so happy with this that we came back for lunch the other day. Just as good as the day before...yum!

Visited November 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Hit or miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clearly this place is a gamble as I've read so many good reviews that didn't match up to our experience.

FOOD:
I had Nicoise Salad (perhaps a bad choice!) and a glass of wine.
What little tuna was in my salad was brown and dried up as if it had been sat out all day. The 'dough balls' that came with it were more like small dry hamburger rolls. My worst meal on Koh Tao. Whatever you do don't order it!

My partner had gorgonzola tagliatelle and a beer.
The pasta was quite good but looked totally unappetising (as expected for blue cheese sauce I guess!) without any garnish to cheer it up. Anyway he was much happier with his choice.

SERVICE
After seating us, our waitress went to talk to two guys sat behind us who had finished their meal and ignored us. After a full 15 minutes someone else finally came to take our order.

The beer my partner ordered came soon after but the waiter asked me to remind him what I'd ordered. I reminded him about the wine but still nothing came. Our starters came and still no wine. Finally got it half way through the starter.

When we were ready to leave we asked a waiter for the bill. He wasn't our waiter but he brusquely said "Yes" then promptly went outside to talk on the phone. We waited a while after he finished on the phone but he didn't bring it so we finally got the attention of our waiter and asked him. No bill came. We tried one more time with another waiter.
As two other people got their bills we started to wonder if they were taking the mickey. At this point we've been waiting a full TWENTY minutes after we were ready to leave and our moods totally ruined.
Finally we got the attention of the original waitress and BEGGED her PLEEASE can we pay you!

We're not the type to walk out on a bill but anyone less patient would have done it long before.

Taking an order, remembering the order and bringing a bill are the simplest parts of service. They totally failed on all counts. We weren't even a difficult table. I wish now I had complained about my salad, maybe that is what it takes to get some attention there!

I think it probably is possible to have a good meal here if you order right (stick to pasta or pizza) and things go smoothly. Sadly that was not the case for us and I would never go back nor recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice place in heart of koh tao,food was really good and service was exelent,really worth visit and have night out with good food.i had pasta and i was really pleased for the taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great tagliatelle made from scratch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

During our stay on Koh Tao we ate at Porto Bello twice. Having spent a good deal of time travelling in Italy, we were very impressed with the quality and taste of Porto Bello's homemade pasta (tagliatelle and goat cheese ravioli). Both the pasta and the sauces coming with it were tasty, rich and flavorful. The garlic bread and pizza margherita were outstanding as well, especially taking into account the usual quality of Italian food in Thailand. We would recommend all these dishes with no reservations. The prices we found to be reasonable as well.
However, and this is why we deducted one star from our rating, we were not at all impressed by their Tiramisu and also found that, especially considering the high level of the kitchen, Porto Bello only offered one red wine from Italy. That wine was great with the meals mentioned above, but we would have wished to find more of a selection to choose from on the drink menu. A word on the Tiramisu: Appearance and texture were both okay, yet what was supposed to be mascarpone cream tasted like cream cheese.
Service was excellent and we can absolutely recommend their homemade pasta, garlic bread, and pizza.
We encourage Porto Bello to rework their Tiramisu recipe and to offer two or three red wines from Italy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
York
“Expensive and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place looks very nice, both from the outside and the inside, probably the best thing about it to be honest. The service wasn't great and the food was just average. Not bad, but not great either. Quite expensive for average food.

• Visited August 2012