“Great little dive shop!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 96 Activities in Ko Tao
5.0 of 5 stars 87 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive school wants to give you the customer the best dive experience we possibly can, so for people wishing to take a PADI course we make sure our groups are no bigger than 4 people this enables our experienced instructors to give you plenty of individual attention making you a better and safer diver...for certified people who just want to fun dive our dive leaders are very experienced with all the dive site's around this beautiful island and we have no limit on dive time our boat only goes out once a day for 2 dives so were not restricted by schedules...and our boat does not leave until 11pm this means no setting your alarm at 6.30 your are on holiday after all, also leaving at this time means we arrive at dive sites when other schools are leaving so we can spend more time looking at the fish and not other divers so come join our magical underwater world on the rock (Koh Tao).
Vancouver, Canada
“Great little dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My instructor Robert Kalkhuis was great! He is approachable, genuinely cares about his students and very knowledgeable. Highly recommend if you are looking for a small, personal, family-like atmosphere. Had one-on-one instruction for my Advanced Open Water Certification, making the dives very tailored to my abilities (we were both good on air, so had some 60+ min dives!)

If you are looking for a large group to go for drinks/partying after (like Ban's or Crystal Divers who have up to 8 people for 1 instructor), it might not be the dive center you are looking for, but the personal instruction and rates are great!

Visited March 2013

Paris, France
“My choice in Koh Tao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I dive for the first time with Golden Divers passing the Open Water.
My instructor Polo, an avid scuba French, gave me this passion and so I spent the Advanced.
A warm family atmosphere reigns in the club and on the boat. It is not a "factory" club but a friendly club, where you can enjoy a more personalized learning and a relaxed atmosphere. Different instructors are really friendly and it's fun to have a drink in the evening - there are even barbecues from time to time! - And share with all these people around the table to the club.
Since returning to Koh Tao, I finally passed my Rescue right here and now I begin my Dive Master.
What's more, Golden Divers, it is now my choice to Koh Tao

Visited April 2013
Broome, Australia
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

this dive school really surprised me with how professional and friendly the staff are. with only myself and one other girl doing the course i feel that we both got the best out of the instructor. ramco you bloody legend!
i highly recommend GOLDEN DIVERS to do any dive course. i did my PADI open water, i felt safe and well informed the whole time. just upset i ran out of time on Koh tao to do more dives with them!
great, just simply great :)

Visited March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
43 attraction reviews
“very nice and very hospitable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

From this Diveschool I can say nice things only, there is a very good hospitality and there is always time for a little joke. The school is not one of the biggest so its very personel here and they do their best to make your wish to becomes true. They only run small groups what gives you a very good and personal attention.
If you wish you can do your course in your own language the most regular languages they speak here allready are, French, German, Dutch and English ofcourse.

There is also the possability for accomodation if there is a need for it, they can fix you a nice free standing bungalow with a peaceful garden view

I would say highley recommended.

Visited December 2012
“Great shop and instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Got my PADI open water at Golden Divers. It's a smaller operation and being low season I ended up one on one with the instructor, Katie (fabulous! Thorough, knowledgable, safety conscious and fun!).

Equipment is in proper condition and appears to be well looked after.

All the dive masters/instructors I met were very friendly. Was a nice family vibe.

Accommodations were included in the course cost. They are basic but perfect. I needed nothing more than what was provided.