“Hit the sweet spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 46 hotels in Ko Tao
Melbourne, Australia
“Hit the sweet spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Aminjirah was an absolute delight! We stayed earlier in the year but just now took the time write a review. Basically we moved from another resort on the island due to a less than satisfactory experience! And what a difference.

PROS

- Stunning view
- Stunning pool
- Stunning suite (sunset dream)
- Stunning staff (service - but not bad looking)
- Stunning food

CONS

- A moped is good if you can't make do with the free shuttle or don't want to pay for taxis
- Frogs (it had been raining and they got fairly loud at night - but that's probably the whole island for you)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give my two cents on this lovely resort in koh tao. Stayed there for 5 days in a royal ocean view with breakfast included and immensely. The pools were absolutely amazing and when the "view" pool was a bit busy at times or the sun too strong in the afternoon, we had a dip in the smaller pool in the middle of the resort.

The restaurant is low key but food is very good and we enjoyed the selection available in the morning (4 choices) and they also allowed us to order equivalent cost a la carte from the menu.

What it all boils down to is a beautiful small resort with amazing rooms, amazing views and friendly staff at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Felt obliged to sign up for tripadvisor to post a review of this fantastic property I happened to stumble upon while diving in Koh Tao. Went there for a couple of cocktails with friends as I already had basic accommodation through a dive center. The property was so fantastic and the view so sublime that I decided to stay on the island a few more nights and luckily they had a vacant room.

The view really is phenomenal and the staff couldn't do enough for you in a non-luxury way. It's not stuffy or 5 star - just friendly and warm.

Will be back for next diving trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and it is incredible. We had a large room with balcony and a perfect view of the sunset over the ocean. The pool and restaurant on site is fantastic and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stay with my fiance int his resort for 5 days and really enjoy it.! Good service and good food in silent and romantic location. Staff very nice but not all so
much english. Room was also very nice and of course the view perfect

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed in aminjirah earlier in the year and it was simply an experience we want to forget. We came here on our delayed honeymoon and were expecting a far more satisfying experience. We arrived at the port of koh Tao and were met by a representative of the hotel. He informed us that he only had room in the car for 4 passengers so my wife and I had to sit in the baking sun while he took the rest to the resort-you must be aware of how many guests you are to pick up so account for that and arrange two cars!! Terrible start. We eventually arrived and were escorted to our room. We had a stunning view and were so taken aback by it that the appearance of the room only hit us soon after. It was extremely basic for the money we paid and we soon discovered we were not alone. My wife has quite a distinct fear of bugs-
which I admit isn't conducive to a holiday in Thailand-but we spent a week in a luxury resort in koh samui and had no indoor
encounters! We stumbled upon dead cockroaches and ants in our room and requested a room transfer. No equal-standard rooms were available so we requested our money back. We got our money back but with a struggle. The hotel is a long walk from the town centre and any taxi is at least 300 baht if you're lucky. I cannot comment on the food as we did not stay long enough. The infinity pool is lovely and very romantic at sunset but this is sadly spoilt by the intrusion of non-residents and no rules to prevent them taking all of the beds around
the pool. This place has potential but changes are necessary and the owners attitude must change. I wish to conclude my review by praising the attitude of the manager.... He was friendly, as helpful as he could be and endeavoured to rectify our situation but was limited by the owners attitude. I would never consider this hotel unless the manager took absolute control.

• Stayed March 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend, it was out of the main town which was what we wanted. The hotel was nice enough although when we arrived we were put in a bugdet room for a couple of days as we had changed our plans at the last minute and this was the only one available. We were then moved to a slightly larger room, which was better but I felt for what we were paying it was not what I had expected plus the bathroom had a straw roof which was slightly uplifted and open at the edges, being in the jungle this was not great with all the insects so I asked to move again. We were then moved to a much better room which over looked the sea, we were much happier here. The owner was very helpful and friendly. This was a nice place to stay with a lovely view and pool, the rooms were clean too which is important.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool.