Traveling to other parts of Thailand, after having visited 25 years ago, I was impressed by how 'done' Samui was and how I can imagine Phuket, Phi Phi, and Pattaya must be now. Ko Tao, and specifically this hotel are still quite innocent and unspoilt. The hotel, despite its proximity to the ferry pier, is not easy to find and the taxi drivers and townspeople did not know the name. We booked at the last minute so the hotel had not seen our reservation or we would have been driven to the hotel. As it was we rented a scooter and eventually found our way to a marvelous place. The rooms further away from reception, the Koh Tao Bamboo Huts, are better and newer than the ones at the Charm Churee Resort, which is the 'parent', the reception and original part of the hotel. While it is a hike to get to them, it is worth it as you have peace and isolation once you get there. We quite liked the 'hike' as it is a pretty walk to arrive at the bungalow. It is up and down hills but there is help getting your bags there and help from a golf cart if you need it. Having said this, on our check out our bell boy inexplicable left us with our bags (only light ones) half way to the reception and indicated we were onour own! The private beach is too small for the number of rooms that are at the hotel now and a bit more work on making it more pristine on a daily basis would not go amiss but another 10 minutes walk to the west brings you to the most sublime beach you can imagine and it is as good as being private. There are no beach chairs or service, but it is quite perfect. Diving is good at the dedicated center and the restaurant is a lovely experience of sitting on cushions on the floor in a outdoor room on the rocks over the sea. Stick with the Thai dishes. To sum up, any complaints are minor, and do not detract from a sublime setting, lovely rooms and service that is at times naive but befitting a place that is still unspoilt.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Tao Bamboo Huts Hotel Koh Tao
- Koh Tao Bamboo Huts Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A low-impact, eco-friendly, natural-oriented resort right on the cliff. All rooms are sunset unobstructed seaview. Some of the rooms come with private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Koh Tao Bamboo Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.