“A really great 5 months” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 96 Activities in Ko Tao
5.0 of 5 stars 641 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Master Divers is a small professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of PADI scuba diving courses. It has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. Master Divers guarantees small groups and offers private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Ko Lanta, Thailand
“A really great 5 months”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

In the summer of 2011 i first visited Master Divers to do some fun diving, i pre-booked the trip through a travel agent and didnt know anything about the company until i arrived. I was greeted with a very big smile and instantly felt very welcome. During my week there I met phil who at the time was the shops photographer, i told him about my degree in photography and he suggested i tried it underwater and took me and my friend on a private dive to try it out. I instantly fell in love with it.
A month later having done some more underwater photography in Australia, I decided to make a career out of it. Master Divers were the first and only people i spoke to. Ayesha was very helpful in letting me know what i needed to do and how much it would all cost.
I arrived back on Koh Tao in the middle of may this year, and in the five months since have completed my advanced, EFR, rescue, dive master, deep wreck and nitrox specialties, and Ayesha's personalised photography course.
it is the people at master divers who really make the company work. everyone is always happy to see you, happy to be diving and most importantly happy to help you with anything dive related or not. They became my family for the time i was there, we would go out to eat together every night and socialise on days off. i have made some really great friends during my time there and miss them all very much.
so in conclusion if you are considering doing your dive master (or any other course) and want somewhere with a friendly and helpful atmosphere Master Divers is definitely the place to go.

Visited May 2012
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers Day Courses, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thanks for leaving your review ! We are always extremely happy and privileged to help divers reach their professional goals. I know that you are already working as an underwater photographer and are certainly a very talented one to watch. We wish you the best and do hope we see you again !

London, United Kingdom
“Masters of the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you wont to be a master then it has to be at Master Diver, serious fun! I did my dive masters there and had sooooooo much fun! Great group of instructors and just an all round fun place to be! Massively recommended to all levels of diving! Thanks M.D for a brilliant time!

Visited December 2011
Thanks for the review ! You were great fun to have in the dive centre too and we really hope we see you back here !
Hong Kong
“Thinking of Going PRO?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you're looking to Go PRO on Koh Tao, Master Divers are the guys (and gals) to speak to. I did my Divemaster course there in August, and it was an amazing experience with great training on dive skills and practical application of everything required of a Divemaster. Throughout my training I also gained extensive exposure in general to one of the best and methodological approaches I've seen in running a safe and professional dive center.

They are tough on DMT's, but in a good way as you want to be perfect in everything as eventually you will have the responsibility of the safety, fun, and experiences of the certified divers you will be leading in the future. As I'm writing this and reflecting on my experiences with Master Divers, I'm going onto my fourth day of the IDC and can't believe how well prepared I am thank's to my time spent there.

Special thanks to Ayesha who quickly answered all my emails even before I was sure I wanted to do the course, was ever so helpful me get there and find my feet, my "mentor" Wilco who was patient and so great to be around, as well as Mark, Tomo, Donny, Simone, Sarah, and Dan who played crucial parts in my training, and evaluation. Thanks also to the captain and the crew, everyone in the shop, and everyone else as there are too many to name. Last but certainly not least the shop cats and dogs who are the one's really in charge.

Can't wait to get back soon and visit the new shop for some more great diving with you guys!

Visited August 2012
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers Day Courses, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for your review! We do take great pride and care in all the courses that we teach and we do recognize that we have a responsibility to the whole dive industry for this too. This is particularly evident for professional candidates! Good luck with you IDC !
St Kilda, Australia
“Scuba Diving, A great experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

When I was planning my trip to thailand "scuba diving" was something that I wanted to do , I was looking... and looking ... And guess what ? I am not a great swimmer !!!

I went to Ko Tao after doing my research in internet , I could not be more lucky. Master Diving offer me more than I expected.

I did a course with them, OWD ( Open water Diver ) . I started learning how to swim 2 month before I went to thailand, you can have an idea how good I was in the water. My instructor Sim took me step by step, I felt secure from the beggining. They know what they are doing and you can see it at all times.

I will talk about my experience learning how dive , the beautiful day at Sail Rock ( and the sharks! )

I am thinking go for diving to The Great Barrier Reef here in Australia, now I am a diver!

PD: Thanks to the guys of the boat, I love the hammock that they have on the top.

Visited October 2012
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers Day Courses, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for leaving a review !
Wuustwezel, Belgium
“It couldn't be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have had the tremendous luck to do my very first dives under the guidance of Master Divers' qualified staff. With an experienced instructor for my very own, I could not have felt safer while practicing my diving skills and enjoying my first underwater experiences during an SSI Open water course. The capturing beauty of Koh Tao's marine life and the joy and care of the Master Divers' team have made both my introduction to diving and my holiday an unforgettable experience. Thank you so much Tomo, Nina, Dono and all other Master Divers for your enthousiasm and care!

Visited September 2012
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers Day Courses, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for leaving a review !