I was looking for a paradise island among all the Thai islands for a 5 day trip in April-May 2012 - definitely with a good hotel.
And I chose Koh Tao because of Woodlawn Villas. Koh Tao and Woodlawn combined for me into just a terrific holiday!
I found the hotel on tripadvisor, immediately checked the web-site and after reading the introduction page became absolutely sure that this is the best place for me to stay.
What I loved:
- Absolutely friendly owners - Luke and Michelle, who welcomed we with warmth, gave me a brief tour over the island map, were guiding me with my every question and step, giving useful tips and ideas of activities, places to go, eat and buy food . Luke and Michelle managed to create home-like atmosphere: always laughing, nice staff in the hotel, doggies playing in the morning among the palm trees
- Private location in the middle of coconut plantation with jungles sounds in the night, no cars, no crowds of people around
- My spacious Garden Villa with a comfortable bed, aircon and fan for my choice, simply equipped kitchenette with menus of nearby restaurants which offered food delivery – like a room service:)
- Freedom beach which is within 20-30 minutes walking distance from the villas – small, quiet, a bit wild and incredibly beautiful
- John Sumwan viewpoint within 30-40 minutes walking distance: you have to climb up the path around the huge stones through the jungles, but on the top you are awarded with spectacular scenery over the southern part of Koh Tao
- Cheap laundry place, small fruit stores and home restaurants nearby
For those who are planning to spend lots of time in Sairee village, the hotel location may seem a bit distant – better to rent a motorbike as taxi will cost 300 THB one way. But for those who are seeking for a great time in a green welcoming place – this is the best place to stay on Koh Tao!!!
Next time I am planning my trip to Thailand, I will definitely come back to Woodlawn villas...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodlawn Villas is a welcoming family run resort comprising of six beautiful villas, suites and swimming pool set amongst two acres of coconut palms, tropical gardens and manicured lawns. We offer 3 bedroom villas, one bedroom suites and one bedroom villas making us the perfect destination for couples, friends & families visiting Koh Tao island in Thailand. All accommodation includes air conditioned bedrooms, en suite bathrooms, daily housekeeping, separate living room & kitchenette, Flat screen Cable TV, free wifi, drinking water, toiletries & in room tea & coffee facilities, safe box and private balconies overlooking the gardens/swimming pool. We are just a minutes walk to a well stocked supermarket, 2 minutes walk to a variety of restaurants (seafood BBQ, thai food, tapas) dive shops, yoga classes, spas, pharmacies and 5 minutes walk to the nearest beach. For guests convenience we provide a free mobile phone to call for a taxi, motorbike hire, snorkelling trips & order food delivery for in room service. We provide a selection of menus to order from different restaurants, breakfast/lunch/dinner. All guests are provided with a complete information pack upon arrival highlighting the best things to do, where to eat and places to visit whilst on the island. The atmosphere at Woodlawn Villas is friendly, fun and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you to Koh Tao. ... more less