“Amazing Diving!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 79 activities in Ko Tao
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Goodtime Adventures is your one-stop-shop for adventure on the island of Koh Tao, Thailand. We are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand, providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. We offer half and full days adventure combination tours including: hiking, abseiling, climbing, cliff jumping, SCUBA diving, snorkeling, UV snorkelling and SCUBA diving, trapeze lessons, boat cruises and watersports. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hotel & Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cloncurry, Australia
“Amazing Diving!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Me & my friend were recommended visiting Goodtime Adventures whilst in Ko Tao from a couple we met & looking back I'm so glad we did!! My friend did a half day rock climbing which he really loved, his pictures looked amazing!! We both did a fun/ intro drive to see if we enjoyed it & decided to go back and do our open water SSI course as we loved it so much!! Our dive instructor Linzi was amazing!! she really knew her stuff & she made all the dives so much fun!! She took us to some beautiful dive sites, I can honestly say from doing the great barrier reef before I really think Ko Tao was much nicer, we got to see so many tropical fish & colourful coral!! We bought a package with bungalow accomodation it was great value & we had trouble before pre booking accomodation so i'd definatly recommend doing that!! The course was very cheap within itself- it definatly is value for money But the really good thing about this company is that they specialize in small groups unlike all the other dive companies on Ko Tao, we saw so many other divers with the ratio of 1 instructor to 10 divers, so saying that I'd say we learned alot more than if it was a bigger group. All the staff that work at Goodtimes are really friendly & really chilled out, we often had a drink with Linzi after she finished work which I thought was really nice. I'm so glad we went through Goodtime Adventures I would definatley recommend giving them a visit & we are hoping to to back there in the future to do our open water advanced. Ko Tao is beautiful & I'm so glad we did our open water dive there!! Thanks Goodtimes :)

Visited January 2013
Charly S, General Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi Amy, thanks for your great review. We were so happy (linzi in particular!) that you came back to get your open water licence after enjoying your try dives so much. You guys really added to the happy Goodtimes atmosphere during your stay, and were a pleasure to have around, both underwater and on the surface afterwards. We shared many laughs together (Linzi still cackles out loud when she gets messaged with a moray eel joke!), and we hope you will swing by again for a visit later on your travels. Advanced diver course is next! Hopefully see you soon, and until then....happy diving ;)

4 attraction reviews
“Overall disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a hard review to write because I truly enjoyed diving with the dive master, Sara, but overall the experience was not positive.

I contacted Goodtimes to schedule three consecutive days of diving. I was told that was fine. When I arrived the first day I found that one of the outboard motors was broken so that the boat was operating with only one motor. I truly believe that it affected the choice of dive sites that first day. Later that day I was told that the boat would not be ready to go the next morning, and in fact they would not be ready to be tested until the following day, the last of my three days of diving. Therefore I had to scramble to arrange for my dives that second and third day and ended up not diving the prime location.

While I understand a mechanical failure which Goodtime says occurred the day before I arrived, what I do not understand is the failure to send me an e-mail letting me know so that I could find another shop. I also believe that it affected where we went to dive since the twin outboard speed boat was operating on only one engine.

Maybe Goodtime is just a bit too laid back. It doesn't, and shouldn't, be all about business. But at the same time one has to expect a certain level of proffesionalism which doesn't seem to exist at this dive shop - sorry Sara because you are a very good dive master.

Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the service we provided even when you did express how happy you were with the diving we did. Indeed we experienced engine failure on one of the outboard motors the day before your first dives. However this did not have an impact on the choice of sites we went to on that first day. Sites around Koh Nangyuan were chosen as you had been out of the water for a year and they were suitably shallow to ease you back into it. In particular the drop off dive was chosen to avoid crowds at some sites and the choice of second dive site was based on the fact that it was also a site with the least amount of other dive boats, which you expressed a gratitude for.
Whilst we endeavored to fix the engine the same day, it was not possible. Koh Tao is a small island and sometimes things don’t happen as smoothly as they would elsewhere. When you left after the morning dives we gave you the phone number of the shop as well as Sara’s personal number to give maximum flexibility and to keep you up to date. Following this, we organised an alternative dive shop to take you to Sail Rock the following day, a site you particularly wanted to dive.
Your comment about professionalism is, we feel, unjustified. We are a small shop geared towards the customer and have a relaxed atmosphere, but not at the compromise of important things such as safety. This is evidenced by our decision not to take you to a more remote dive site with a single engine.
Thank you for your review, all feedback is important to us. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Beijing, China
“Amazing crew that really cares”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went to Koh Tao with a buddy and we had an incredible experience. I knew when reading about this place that they had the right vibe and I was right -- they take incredible care of everyone who comes in the door and makes sure you have awesome, safe adventures. Here you're not a customer you're a friend.

I got my Advanced certification with them and dove 7+ times in 5 days. Incredible dives, short speed boat rides to the dive sites. I dove on a reef, a wreck, did a night dive, and a few deep dives... it was some of the coolest experiences of my life.

They were accommodating in scheduling and we usually had one on one instruction or at most 4 people in a group. Even when everything didn't go according to plan they took care of us. My buddy was getting his open water, had done the confined work already but freaked out on the first open water dive, had a total panic attack, and the dive master we were with stayed right there with him and took care of him. GTA was cool about it.

Thanks to the patience and care of the Goodtimes crew he was able to work through that and after some more one-on-one attention over the course of the next few days was able to get over the fear and got his open water certification. We both agreed later we were so grateful to the crew, no one else could have been so awesome about getting through those challenges.

They shoot straight, are honest, provide amazing and affordable service, chill with you afterward, and it was always a good time. Can't recommend more highly.

Visited January 2013
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We had a great time with you when you were diving here. We're lucky that we can be flexible so if students do have any problems, we're well placed to be able to help them through any challenges they have. We're pleased you appreciate that too.

Please keep in touch with us and we'd love to see you both of you back here in the future.

Take care guys, you rock!
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Lifetime Adventures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

After a month of travelling around South East Asia coming to Goodtime Adventures (GTA) on Koh Tao was the best. GTA made the booking easily, arranged accommodation (which are great bungalows!) and gave me and my buddy a lifetime diving experience!

My buddy and I took our Open Water certificate with GTA and had an amazing instructor, Linzi Trafford. She always took us places where there weren't that many people and where there were amazing things to see! The great thing about GTA is that you stay in small groups (in my case it was just my buddy and I) so you don't get crammed in with 10 others. The experience you get is way better!

I was so happy with it that I also took my first Adventure dive. A night dive which was fantastic. Completely different sea life that is awake at night. I cannot recommend this type of dive enough!

At GTA there was always a cosy and chill atmosphere. The sunset from their patio, which is directly on the beach, is so beautiful and is best accompanied with chilled beer from their bar.

PS their monster burger is to die for (See picture)

Visited April 2012
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thanks for your great review, and for adding your photo's. Linzi had an excellent time teaching you, and its nice to hear your time with us was the highlight of your trip. Keep up the diving, and we will hopefully see you back at Goodtime Adventures soon to complete your advanced course and further diving adventures.
Uk, Herts
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Myself and my husband are keen divers and were very excited to give the glowscuba a try ( located at goodtime adventures). It's a night dive with uv torches and you get to see the coral and fish that looks fabulous by night. Our instructor Dennis was a true professional and very enthusiastic about his work. Would defiantly recommend it!

Visited February 2013
Charly S, Owner at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are glad you guys enjoyed the UV night dive as much as we do! Night diving is fun enough, then you add in the UV light and it takes it to a whole other level! Who knew coral has so much personality.
Thanks again.