“Amazing dive experience with Goodtime Adventures!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Other in Ko Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun filled activities all packed into half and full days itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hotel & Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Malaga, Spain
“Amazing dive experience with Goodtime Adventures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

In August 2011, my wife and went to the sleepy island of Koh Tao for a little R&R after two months of trekking it across China and Vietnam. At first we just wanted to do a little sunbathing and maybe a dive or two. However, after talking with the uber-friendly staff at Goodtime Adventures we decided to do our open-water PADI certificate, and we couldn’t be happier with our experience. My wife, who had never dived before and has an abject fear of water, was shown incredible patience and showered with encouragement by our instructor, Sara. After the initial training in the pool, my wife felt confident enough to tackle her first open-water dive, and she absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend Goodtime Adventures, whether it be for diving or taking part in any other adventure sport they offer. Their staff is great, young, friendly, experienced and patient.
Andrew Morrow, USA

Turin, Italy
5 attraction reviews
“Very good time at Goddtimes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

On our honeymoon to Koh Tao we headed to Goodtimes, firstly because of location convenience near Narakaan Hotel. We found nice and professional people there, Charly and the whole team (Bart and Dave on the boat, Sarah and Erika under water) took care of my fun dives and of my wife's OWD Course.
We appreciated the place, the divesites, the handling of the experience, the smartness and frienship on board. Equipment was fine and prices are average and reasonable for Koh Tao.
Among the excellent diving experience I have to admit that restaurant is quite slow in cooking and a little bit overpriced in comparison to other places: quality of food was, however, very good!
In end, a 4/5 experience: see you next time!
Ileana and Cristiano (Italy)

Medway
15 attraction reviews
“Disappointing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My friends and I went on a speedboat dive-trip to Sail Rock. This is the site I'd been so looking forward to.

On arriving at Goodtime adventures I was given a tank with no O-ring. They gave me a new one, and I set up my gear, tested the air supply to find out it only had 20 Bar. They then tried to source another tank or a refil from all the other dive centres, which they did eventually but this let to about a 45 minute delay setting off.

My friend was given a BCD with a broken backplate and no release toggles. When she pointed this out she was told that's all we've got. After a bit of 'discussion' she was lent one of the divemaster's BCD's, but it was really tiny and she could just about fit into it.

The speedboat gets you to Sail Rock in 40 minutes, which is great as all the regular dive boats take over an hour and a half. There is no water provided on the boat so bring your own or dehydrate.

Once at the site we were split into 2 groups, had a very brief safety brief about hand signals etc, then we were told to rig up and jump in.

We had no dive brief at all, no map of the site or idea where we'd be going, currents etc.

The four of us buddied into 2 pairs and decended close to the rock. The current was so strong it was hard to stay in position, and one of my friends had trouble equalising, so we all stuck together. At about 19m the vis suddenly reduced to about 5m, and still decending together we looked for our divemaster and he'd disappeared. As we had no idea of the dive plan we looked for a minute then surfaced, and we had been dragged about 150m from the rock by the current.

Sorry to give so much detail here but I wanted people to understand that I'm not just complaining for no reason. This kind of slap-dash attitude to safety can be extremely dangerous.

We were so angry getting back on the boat, and had 'words'. 3 of us decided to give it another try, but one of our group had been so shocked she refused to go back down. This time with a proper brief and a lot more attention from the divemaster we had two excellent dives, although the divemaster cut the second one so short for some unknown reason- 33 mins and I still had over a hundred Bar and was nowhere near decon limit.

Looking at all the excellent reviews for Goodtime adventures I was surprised at our experience , and sincerely hope it was a one-off.

Visited August 2011
CharlySeverino, Owner at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments, it appears you may have had a few small incidents that added up and detracted from your experience and we would like to address these below:

Most importantly, we do not have a ‘slap dash’ attitude to safety. We pride ourselves on our safety across all our operations which include rock climbing and other potentially dangerous activities as demonstrated by our excellent safety record. A full briefing was given to all divers on the boat. All staff have been counseled about this incident.

The no ‘O ring’ on a tank was fixed immediately and is a common thing which is why we have spares on hand. The plastic back plate on the BCD did have a crack at the top; however this has zero bearing on the functionality of the equipment and in no way compromises its safe operation. However we did provide an alternate BCD in line with the customer’s wishes. It was unfortunate the tank you were initially given was under filled - as frustrating for us as for you - but this problem was also rectified as quickly as possible. As we have a small speed boat we do not have space for a water dispenser onboard. We therefore inform all of our divers to bring their own and in addition we carry spare drinking water on board in case they run out.

The conditions at Sail Rock can be very variable with currents and low visibility being unpredictable and quick to change. This is why we only take divers with training above Open Water level to this site. We are glad that ultimately you enjoyed two excellent dives after experiencing these conditions at the start.

Once again thank you for bringing these points to our attention; we pride ourselves in our high level of customer care and work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience. As you noted this can be seen in our previous reviews and we apologize if your experience did not match these.

Kind Regards,
Goodtime Adventures
Weymouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Jeez, only the best place ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Well, what can you say about the most awesome place on earth!
Being an avid climber, Koh Tao was an absolute heaven for me. Adventure bouldering on virgin rock, picking out classic lines on the already mapped area's, sport climbing with some beautiful views from the highest points on the island and trad climbing off the coast on brand new routes. This place really has it all. We even put in the first multi-pitch route while I was there!!!!! Truely truely amazing!
But..... the best thing about goodtimes is the staff/family that works there. They will make you feel at home immediately and get you more than motivated for whatever adventure you plan on doing. I went diving with the incredible Sarah, while Bert and Dan took turns at driving the speedboat, cracking jokes as we sped past the large dive boats. Charlene and Robby were my climbing pals who cannot be beaten for their skill and ability to provide a great day out - as does everyone
I could write forever about everything; cliff jumping, freediving, wakeboarding, ziplines, food, drinks, the list goes on and on. I did it all and I WILL be back!
Cheers guys, you rock!!!!

ps, get the chicken cashew nut from the Goodtime cafe; best in Thailand by far!!!!

Visited June 2011
Sommelsdijk
3 attraction reviews
“Scuba-, Freediving, Rockclimbing, Cliffjumping, Party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Fun for everybody and almost all activities you need on and off a tropical Island are available, just go to Goodtime Adventures. Fast boat, gets you anywhere in no-time! Great enthousiastic staff with lots of expierience driving the boat around all of Koh Tao. You will also find Blue Immersion there, if you want to go freediving ask for Akim and Ksenia!
Enjoy!