“Fantastic experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 54 Ko Tao B&B and Inns
Oregon, Ohio
“Fantastic experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had a fantastic experience in Koh Tao. I stayed 2 days and a half in May 2014 and I found it as a fantastic place to disconnect your mind from the stress of the modern world. There is one touristic beach that is the one you can sunbathing called Aow Leuk. There are few bars and restaurants and accommodation in bungalows. They have free wifi all day all night.Food is fresh and very good. The staff is very relaxed and extremely friendly. I stayed full board and had quite a lot of drinks.

If you can not live without the typical comforts of modernity I would not recommend this place but if you are the one who can live with nature I'm highly recommend Seaview Resort!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

It was such a nice change of pace to other islands I have stayed on. The bungalows are basic but I liked them. The staff were great and very friendly. Food was good and fairly priced considering there is no other options. It is very basic and can feel remote, some other guests on the boat over were telling us they picked it because it was not a built up island .For me and my partner it is idyllic.The bungalows are not close together so you get privacy. The owners take real pride in what they have got there and it shows. Bring a book and chill out!! Another great thing was that I left my camera charger on the island. Theystaff arranged for it to be taken on the boat back to the mainland. I really appreciated this and it just goes to show the great attitude of everyone there. One day I hope to be back because I think places like this are few and far between now days.

• Stayed March 2014
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I recommend Seaview Resort for many reasons..

First of all the view is so amazing especially at night this place I can see large amount of star and the green light from night boat.

Second, the room is clean I felt comfortable when lay down on the bed.

Third,the staff very good they give me many information of kohtao and with their information I had snorkeling trip around the island that is so amazing because of many fish.

Forth , the local Thai food is great with cheap price ..I don't have to go anywhere to find the food.

I recommend this place for these reason.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mol, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I have to tell you that if you choose this place you very lucky compare the price and service in many resort in kohtao . It's not expensive and I really enjoy the view here.the manager here is very good he take care me very well seems like I live in my friend house than resort thanks for your warm welcome.

• Stayed April 2014
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

After reading the bad reviews I was nervous about staying here however I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were helpful, the room was lovely and adequately priced (especially considering the cost of accommodation on the majority of the island). The restaurant is basic but the food was good and the offering vast. There was a really friendly 'family' vibe from the staff. I would recommend. It is a walk away from the centre so I recommend renting a bike !

Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014
Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We arrived in Ko Tao and waited and waited for our pick up that i had organised over email with the Seaveiw but it never turned up so instead we had to pay for a taxi to the 'Resort'. This was just the start really.

The Bathroom/ wet room was something else. The shower was positioned so it points at the toilet....... After a few days of staying there we discovered actual rat poo in the bathroom, behind the sink and toilet etc. When we asked if we could have the room cleaned properly it took 3 days of continuous asking for anything to be done and even then they basically just emptied the bins.

When everything is going well the owners English is very good, when its not going quite so well suddenly 'no speak English'......

If you are after a quiet night sleep then this isn't the place fro you. So many holes and gaps in the bungalows. You will not be in there on your own!!!

All in all we paid THB 4,500 for 5 nights and i wouldn't recommend it. You can get somewhere a lot nicer nearer to Sairee Beach for cheaper.

AVOID......

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The place itself is remote but beautiful, but the bungalows are old worn down and dirty. I paid more then 3000 baht per night through Agoda for this (and even that was a so called special promotion), but 1000 was more appropriate.
Stayed for three for three nights. The (Myanmar) staff do not speak English very well (or Thai. My girlfriend is Thai and had the same problem when asking them for something) and they are unfriendly. They try to make their problem (taking care of customers) yours by doing nothing. Only if you ask them they say something, but try to do everything to not to take any action and just laugh in your face when you try to tell its not good enough for the money you pay.
We had the "deluxe honeymoon suite", but in fact there was nothing luxurious to find here. The TV did not work. There was no hot water. The AC was only working half. So the room was still to hot after many hours. The curtains almost fell down and everything was not clean. They did not clean our room for all four days we stayed there. There was an old wooden leaky bathtub that can only fill half after two hours running the tap and the dirt from previous customer was still in there. The food they serve was not bad but very small portions. I did not see or speak to any manager after complaining about these things. They charge 200 baht to take you to Mae Head.
Walking is a bit to much when its hot. If you do it go early in the morning. This should not be called a resort, but a backpackers hostel with bungalow. The balcony is a dangerous no go area. It slopes down about 5%! At this price i am used to get two bottles of water for free in warm countries. Not here. They say they never do that. Its a disgrace for the beautiful island of ko tao.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaview Resort and Restaurant? Share your experiences!