“Awesome team :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alvaro Diving

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Tao
Alvaro Diving
Chalok Baan Kao Beach, Ko Tao 84360, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Beach bungalow and diving
Ranked #1 of 68 Specialty lodging in Ko Tao
“Awesome team :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved my time diving with Wayne, Sasha, Collette and Bruno. They have a great style, are great fun and lovely people. Their boat is like a thai style diving cruise ship. Just amazing :) can't recommend highly enough :) thanks guys x

• Stayed May 2013

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Alvaro is, HANDS DOWN, the best dive operation on Koh Tao!! Went with intentions to get my open water and maybe a freediving course and left with my OW, AOW, EFR, and rescue diver certifications and will return for my DMT hopefully later this year. Where to start...the equipment is new and has been well maintained. The boat, the Sea Cutter, is by far the best vessel in these ye waters! Its a brand new boat with a great crew, refreshments on board, fresh fruit and awesome music between dives. Groups are kept small, no more than 4 people to a class/group which is stellar. They also plan the dives in a manner where your one of the only boats at the dive site which is always nice. With that said its not the equipment or the boat that makes Alvaro the best on the island, its the people! The office staff, instructors, dive masters, and DMT's are some of the most passionate, caring, and overall fantastic people I've ever come across. You dont feel like a "customer" like you would at some of the other "dive machines" on the island where they just put a book in your hand, give you a test, toss you in the water, give you your certification and say so long. You feel as if your a part of their family and thats what sets Alvaro apart from the rest. Dive with the best, dive with Alvaro!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My spouse and I have been very pleased to meet all Alvaro staff and would like to thank them for their professionalism, friendship and happiness.
We had a great experience with them and the only downside is we could not stay with them as long as we expected.
We will definitely come back there for our next trip in this beautiful island and we highly recommand them to anyone, from the novice who wish to experiment diving for the first time to the advanced diver.
Thank to all the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Alvaro is the best dive center you can find in Koh Tao!! After my open water and advanced course I just couldn't stop diving with Alvaro crew and I found myself stuck in Chalok Bay for almost four weeks of intense diving! The reasons?
1. The staff is so lovely and friendly! I felt myself a part of a family more than a customer. The instructors, the dive master and the DMT are professional, caring, patient and truly passionated.
2. The location is just amazing! With the Babaloo bar at the next door, the atmosphere is so magic and cool!
3. The boat and the equipment are great! Best soundtrack on the boat for the dives!
4. Dive sites are really beautiful and you should be so lucky to have the opportunity to experience one hour diving with a whale shark!

I strongly reccomanded diving whit Alvaro!!!
Thank you to all the Alvaro staff to help me discover the amazing underwater universe!
You're simply the best!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to Alvaro on the recommendation of friend's of mine but they truly were outstanding!!! The team are all absolutely lovely and so enthusiastic about diving it's actually contagious! When I came to Koh Tao I was unsure about whether I wanted to do my Stress & Rescue course and left knowing I would go back for my DMT! The equipment was all in good condition and you could see that it was regularly maintained! My instructors were fantastic, not to mention very patient when a skill didn't come easily! Everyone was very knowledgable and joined in our teaching with their own bits of advice as well! So a BIG, BIG thank you to Scuba Steve, Marc and of course to Pablo (for being our victim). I had an amazing time during my course, as well as on the fun dives. The groups are small and the team try and make sure that we get the dive sites to ourselves, which was brill! Whether you're looking to try out diving, do a course or simply fun dive, Alvaro is the place to do it!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT ALVARO!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

First of all I have never written a review before, but these guys are the ones worth making an exception for!!! You guys are awesome!!! Big thanks to Bruno & to my rescue diver instructor Scuba Steve, it's a privilege to be apart of your Scuba Squad :)  if you want to dive in Koh Tao whether its just fun dives or a course this is THE PLACE TO BE, GO ALVARO Diving!!!!!!
Fingers crossed I'll see you all soon for my DMT!!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I was already certified and although I was looking for fun dives, my 2 friends were looking for a Discover Scuba Dive. Alvaro encorporated both elements in the day which allowed us all on the same boat which was appreciated! I don't think my friends would have done it otherwise and they loved it!

The staff were so friendly and helpful, and it was great value for money. The dive centre itself is tucked away (which depending on what you want can be good or bad!) but you have to know where to look to find it.

The only down side was they told us to order lunch from the bar next door but the bar forgot so we didn't have any lunch once we were on the boat. However the staff were so apologetic and kind that they gave us theirs!

I have dived in a few countries and Alvaro are definitely one of the best ones, I would recommend them and would dive with them again!

Thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Alvaro Diving? Share your experiences!