“Best staff in the world” 5 of 5 stars

+66 (0)77 456 415
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best staff in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Came to koh Tao to do an open water dive course as I had a mild interest, was met on the boat by Tor who was friendly an informative, he was the most professional of all the dive school touts looking for your business he knew lot about the school an sports as well as empathising with my terrific hangover an not pushing the hard sale.

They gave us a free lift to the school where they gave us a in depth view to what they offer they also looked after our bags and gave us time to walk around and look at the competition, we ended up coming back quite quickly after realising the value and resources big blue had to offer far out stripped competition.

After being settled in to our free private room and given the tour we were taken in to fill out paperwork and meet our instructors. Again all of the were friendly and professional and made sure everyone was at ease and knew what they were getting into.

Accommodation was of a good quality and perfect location for bars restaurants the beach and most importantly diving

The one site bar an restaurant were great opening early and closing late to suit the timetable diving requires

We had two instructors both of which were amazing. Petra an Thelma were a great team made the experience fun ensured you felt safe at all times. They both had a knack for knowing when you needed encouragement and extra help and were more than happy to go out of there way to help, Thelma went out of her way for over an hour after work to enduldge my love of science and explain how it applied to scuba her knowledge was outstanding. She was just finishing her internship as an instructor but seemed fit perfectly in the crowd of experienced instructors an I was surprised to find out we were her first course as fully qualified instructor. She was confident and skilled with all aspects of the courses. I would be a mistake for big blue not to keep her when her internship ends

Petra our head instructor was amazing she was funny to be around and removed any sense of nervousness anyone felt, her constant feed back was exactly what I needed as someone new to the sport and made the impression that she genuinely intrested in your progression and love of the sport again going out of her way after work to explain aspects that we had questions about. Could not have asked for more from her.

We ended up staying a lot longer than planned and doing our advanced course as the first few days were amazing, we did almost cause trouble as we refuse to have any other instructors teach us. They unsighted a love of the sport and I'm sure to come back again soon.

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kortrijk, Belgium
“Great diving school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We got her after a recommendation from a friend and the school was everything he told! Great, friendly staff. Small classes and very good material. The bar and restaurant are good fun and the rooms are cheap if you're diving! If you want to dive on Koh Tao, go to Big Blue!!

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Best Place in Koh Tao for SSI certification”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I didn't sleep there but went for my SSI Open Water course. Staff was great. The instructor was so knowledgeable, very dedicated and safe at all times. Very professional. Althought he had a bit of a Napoleon Syndrome: the 3 other girls and I got insulted from time to time by calling us small brain, the goal was to learn how to dive and this is what I got. 4 very nice dives, in a profesionnal environment. Oh and yeah I did receive some attitude from some of the staff cause I didn't want to buy the DVD. So if you are not afraid of being spoken to in a harsh way, but you want to make great friends with the other clients, and receive a very high quality course, this is the place to go.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Best dive school in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Out of the 52 dive schools in Koh Tao choose Big Blue. It is by far the best experience you'll get with fantastic staff, a 'part of the family' feel on site and it's a company with excellent morals and values - for the environment, it's staff and customers.

We completed our SSI Open Water and our SSI Advanced courses there and stayed on site for almost a week. We stayed in a twin room, which was clean and quiet. Rooms are basic - but there's so much to do you'll hardly be in them!

Our instructor for the Open Water course was the wonderful Chloe, a funny, kind and very patient French lady. I was nervous to begin with but Chloe was excellent in helping to get over my fear and build my confidence, so much so that we went on to do the Advanced course and never looked back. You can request different instructors and I'd recommend Chloe to everyone!

Staff at Big Blue are extremely welcoming, creating a relaxed, fun environment. There's a bar and restaurant overlooking the sea, with great views at sunset.

The courses are extremely affordable, the equipment you need is included in the price and good quality and the teaching is top-rate. Lonely Planet describe it as the 'Goldilocks' of diving schools - not too big, not too small - and they're spot on.

Visited March 2013
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Big Blue Dive was a dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Big Blue Dive Center on Koh Tao island was a dive center that exceeded my expectations. I was highly impressed with their knowledgable staff and the hip and friendly atmosphere. I was looking for a dive center that very much empowered their divers to keep learning and that is exactly how I felt after completing my Adv Open Water with Jen, she was a fantastic and knowledgable dive instructor. I worked on a underwater clean up project for both the beach and the ocean. I also purchased my first shark skin which I treasure!! I was a solo traveler and really felt comfortable and found the dive center to be helpful in all aspects of my adventure. I can't wait to return to Koh Tao for my Deep Sea and Ship Wreck courses in the near future! Best of luck to them on all of their projects they have going on with cleaning up the waters and restoring the diving areas!

Always the Best,