“Good diving, a bit busy though” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 96 Activities in Ko Tao
Type: Tours, Specialty Shops, Adventure
Leiden, The Netherlands
15 attraction reviews
“Good diving, a bit busy though”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The diving was nice, although a bit busy. To do an open water course good enough, when a bit more advanced too busy on the boats. The courses were great though

Visited April 2011

Preston, United Kingdom
“Open water Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I did my open water course at Buddha view and would say our instructor James was excellent. I was a little nervous as I tend to be a bit anxious of new things, but James helped me feel safe and confident in what I was doing. The course came with free accommodation and although it was very basic there isnt anything to complain about since it is included in the price of the course.

The only down side was on the last day a camera man came to video the day. I understand that he works for a separate company, but you were made to feel very uncomfortable by him if you did not buy the video. The video worked out to cost £40 which was way out of our budget and you could tell the guy was not happy about us not buying it. We bought him a beer but only because he was making us feel uncomfortable and he basically told us to buy him one. In all fairness we did not ask him to come and film us so therefore there should not be felt obligated to buy!

But all in all thanks Buddha view for a truly unforgettable experience...... I don't need a video to remember it!

Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

We decided to do an Open Water Diving Course at Buddha View with our teenage children, even though we had both dived 25 years ago, we thought it would be a wonderful to do the course with the kids. James was our instructor, and in a word.... outstanding!!!! James proved to be a very professional instructor and we had a lot of confidence in him. He is an Aussie - the only one there and has been an instructor at Buddha view for 8 years. My husband and I have both dived before, although 25 years ago. Our background is in teaching and we were extremely impressed with James professionalism, as well as the scuba diving school. We highly recommend the Dive school. What was surprising was the fact that hardly any Australians go diving there - predominantly Europeans. If I could send the word out to Australians - you really need to come to Koh Tao to dive - absolutely beautiful!!!! Our accommodation was at the Koh Tao resort, which was a 5 min walk along the beach to the Dive school - also highly recommended.

Visited December 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“buddha view is fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

hi i went to buddha view last week to do my open water padi! it was amazing, really the whole experience couldnt have gone better.
my instructor (james(big aussie bloke)) was great he made everything really easy and simple! had great fun on the dives and learning about all the equipment etc even the classroom wasnt taxing!
there is a great bar there with fantastic views at dawn and dusk and also a fresh seafood and meat bbq on the beach everynight very cheap and very good quality loved it!
the room was ok just standard place but thats ok i didnt spend any time there really.
very good value for money and i would defo reccomend this place to family and friends and anyone else who asked about diving in thailand!
my friend also came with me but wasnt diving aqnd they let him stay for free so they got bonus points for that too!
all round great place and people and great diving too!
lee

Visited November 2011
Chiang Mai, Thailand
22 attraction reviews
“Outstanding dive experience on an island full of dive shops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

** Note: This review is for Buddha View diving, not for the hotel** We loved our course with Buddha View! My mom, girlfriend, and I learned how to dive from an amazing instructor, Ricardo. Ricardo led us step by step through everything we needed to know to dive safely and earn our PADI open water certificate. It was a very relaxed course with an emphasis on fun. Our group was 5 pupils, and we all felt we received top rate professional instruction and sufficient individual attention. Any issue we had was smoothed over and patiently was our favorite Italian, Ricardo, but you can call him Zorro ;) He really made the class supremely enjoyable for us, I can't say enough good things about him. I'm confident that him being a stereotypical Italian with demonstrative hand motions made his hand signals easy to understand and made us feel comfortable underwater. He's also an awesome underwater high-fiver. Go to Buddha View, and dive with him! You won't regret it! Love you Zorro!