“The best place in Koh Tao” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 79 activities in Ko Tao
Type: Water sports
Attraction Details
Madrid, Spain
“The best place in Koh Tao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend and I have been recently in Carabao and I can say that the place is really nice, the people are increadibly easy going and the accommodation is pretty ok. We were doing the scuba dving open water course with Jon Caine, the manager of the site, and he is just really a cool guy, he taught us everything in a very patient way, making all of it very clear and made us comfortable in every moment. The experience with him and Damian, another dive master from Carabao was really fantastic... So i strongly recommend this place if you are planning to go to Koh Tao.

Fresno, California
“Great time at Carabao even in the Rain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Carabao in Koh Tao recently for 7 days. I was raining half of the time, but it is still a relaxed beautiful place with a great location on the beach. I took the SSI openwater course. I had heard that there was a mix of quality and safety of the dive courses in Koh Tao because it certifies more divers than anywhere else. However, my instructor Dan had been diving for 15 years. He was very efficient and knowledgible, and I felt we were in safe and competent hands. Fawn and John at the front desk are incredibly warm, helpful, and friendly. Fawn knows almost everything about the island. John had lots of reccomendations for future dive sites. It was a great place and climate to learn as a beginning diver.

Visited November 2012
“Amazing experience, warm and friendly staff, highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Loved my time in koh tao with the people at carabao, they looked after me very well and made me feel more like a friend than a customer. My dive instructor james was an amazing teacher, very professional but had a good laugh aswell, with a lot of patience seing as I'm not a particularly confident swimmer and took a while to become more comfortable in the water and perform the skills needed to be certified a PADI open water diver. I got a very warm and social vibe from carabao and they couldn't do enough to help, be that directions to the post office or what to do about (what I thought was) water in my ear! All staff were extremely friendly, approachable and helpful, 100% recommended :-)

From Gemma xx

Hasselt, Belgium
“hotel carabao was nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had 3 days in koh tao
a very nice and professional place to learn to dive
price quality is certainly worth
I sat in the hotel carabao rooms were nice, people were nice and the diving was close to
thank you pierre for me to learn all about diving
and thank you john to help me with any questions I had and to me spontaneously and friendly to help

Falkenberg, Sweden
“Awesome introduction to Scuba diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Big thanks to Freddy, our instructor, who made the entire course absolutely amazing.
Me and my girlfriend did the Open Water Course here, and stayed for a couple of nights aswell.
Accomondation was absolutely perfect, nothing to complain about, so was the rest of the course. Had an awesome time, learned a lot but at the same time had a lot of fun. Definitely would recommend Carabao!

Visited May 2012