As I do deeply believe in the usefulness of TripAdvisor as an unbiased communication tool, I would like to share my personal experience at this beautiful property.
We stayed here in July and for a week as we chose Haad Tien among several other resorts on the island of Koh Tao. My wife went pretty into details when selecting this hotel, reading reviews on TA and other social medias, looking at the official websites of the resorts, asking questions in specific Forum about what to do in Koh Tao and where to stay. The place itself as many others mentioned in their reviews is amazing, surrounded by palm trees and other plants, white coral beach, multicolored sea water: nothing to say about it, simply stunning! I also need to mention that generally the employees working at the resort are super friendly, accommodating, incredibly nice and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
My only suggestion/complaint would be that sometimes it seems like they have the will, they have the right attitude, but they do not have the proper training or organization to accomplish their mission.
For example during breakfast time(independently from the time you were getting in) you could get into the restaurant, take a seat, get food from the buffet, without being welcomed, or seated or recognized by the staff. Only the day before the last, we discovered that espresso coffee and cappuccino were available as one of the waiters asked if we were interested in having some.
In general, the restaurant employees were kind of roaming around without clear directions, without a clear "plan" or at least this was my impression.
I believe that what makes the difference between a service oriented team or a team simply carrying on their duty, is having to ask for something available in the hotel (espresso coffee, a chair in the room, more lights in the bathroom, a sun chair when trying to lay in the beach, etc) or having the team knowing what is missing or what are the guest expectations and exceed them. This proactive approach would make a world of a difference and I bet that the Haad Tien would be much more appreciated by the guests.
I would also like to mention that I don't find acceptable that there are not enough sun chairs or sun beds for every guest in the hotel. If by any chance and being on vacation, you wanted to sleep a little longer and go to the beach after breakfast, there was no way of finding a chair or a bed to lay on get some suntan. Now paying a decent amount of money for a room in a beach resort, the least I expect is to have a sunbed available.
I also had the pleasure to meet John the Manager of the resort and he was very friendly, accommodating, and available to talk any time.
As a closure to my review, I would like to remark that people working in the resort are very very friendly but they need a more organized business approach, specially in the Food & Beverage outlets (bar & restaurants) in order to exceed customer expectations and make their stay memorable.
- Also Known As:
- The Haad Tien Beach Hotel
- The Haad Tien Beach Hotel Koh Tao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Haadtien Beach Resort is a unique boutique resort nestled amongst the palm groves in the southern tip of Koh Tao with its own approximately 350 meter secluded beach. The development has taken place organically with variety of private villas and rooms, both beachfronts and seaviews, set amongst 45 acres of land that encompass the resort. The villas have been designed to provide guests with clean, comfortable and spacious accommodation without sacrificing the natural environment which makes the resort so unique.The resort is totally private as it is situated in its own natural bay, with granite cliffs on both sides and jungle behind, yet the resort is only a kilometre from the nearest village with local shops and restaurants. The beach itself opens out onto a crystal blue shallow lagoon which is perfect for swimming and snorkelling, and at night all that can be heard is the lapping of the waves and the whistling of the breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Haad Tien Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.