“Good value and professional” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 79 activities in Ko Tao
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dive Point Koh Tao opened its doors in the 1990s for diver and students. Koh Tao is a scuba diving paradise situated at the western end of the Gulf of Thailand. The dive center is located in Mae Haad the main town on the island Koh Tao. Dive Point Koh Tao has taught thousands of students and showed countless fun divers the beauty of the dive sites around Koh Tao. Our facilities have been modernized to streamline our services for you the customer. So at our modern and streamlined Dive School you will only find well trained and experienced Divemasters and dive Instructors who adhere to our high safety standards!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Good value and professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I did 2 fun dives with dive point whilst in ko tao. As a certified diver I can't speak for the quality of courses but for fun diving it seems good. I got picked up by motorbike from my bungalow and got driven to the centre around 7am. They have early starts but it means getting to sites before all the others.

I sat around a bit, then they called us to the small tender. Apon arriving at their dive boat, we set off straight away to the site (chunpon pinnacle). I liked that all the equipment was already on the boat - some centres have you carry it from the dive shop. There was a dry room to keep your things and an area at the back with kitchen and seating.

The divemasters and crew helped with kit set up and problems I had well. The dives went smoothly and slowly and they covered the briefings in detail.

They served breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast between dives which is a nice touch.

I paid 800 baht per dive which is around mid range for ko Tao. (min 600 max 1000)

Although I hear some resorts charge 2500 for 2 dives, so you have to watch out!

On a different note: there is an on site restaurant called paprika which serves various dishes. I only ate there one night, however the curry I had was of top quality. I had a Thai style Indian sauce which I loved as these are my two favourite cuisines combined...

Overall they run a tight ship with German efficiency, it is well run and they are friendly. Not a bad dive shop...

Johannesburg
7 attraction reviews
“Thai lady DM on Dive Point Boat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This review is not about Dive Point itself but one of the dive masters who work for them. We dived with Char Churee Dive Centre who share the boat with Dive Point and had the unfortunate pleasure of meetiung this woman. The Dive point Boat is great and I cannot rate their service as we did make use of it. But we did come into contact with one of their dive masters.This so called Dive Master that works for them is extremely rude and has an air of arrogance to match. Our group have dived in many places around the world and with many companies and we are yet to meet such a sour and unlpeasant woman as her. Fortunately for us we did not have too much to do with her but would advise any diver that she should be avoided as it seems you are just too much trouble for her. Fortunately for us we were with the excellent crew from the Charm Churee Dive centre and had Merlin ( who is a Hoot) as our DM.

Dive Point more specifically Frank .......... we did not use your services and after this probably would not. You need to sit this lady down and explain to her that it costs nothing to smile and be polite which in itself is a serious contrast to every other Tha person that we met whilst on holiday in Thailand. REMEMBER, the money we spend as tourists pay your salaries!

Visited September 2012
Munich, Germany
5 attraction reviews
“A word of correction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely can't agree with divepoint74's statement about Frank being rude. Did 12 dives from his boat and whenever he was around, he was very friendly and helpful!

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Dive Point saved my diving holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Koh Tao is not the cute diving island anymore, but a mass production for diving certifications. Many big diving centres really spoil every sense of relaxation and nature protection by their big boats and huge groups of unexperienced divers destroying everything on the dive sites. Dive Point however, is still this this wonderful, relaxing dive centre with a personal touch. The own the best boat, seek for the best sites, have the best dive masters and, last but not least, free breakfast on board. No huge groups, just nice and easy. I loved diving with Dive Point, and I have dived with other centres, so the comparison is made, Dive Point is the best!

Visited August 2012
Paris
“Reliable and well organised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I did a 4 days dive stay at Dive Point in april 2012

The dives:
A common day, you have 2 dives in the morning, leaving à 06h45 from the dive centre, and having breakfast on the boat between the 2 dive. Breakfat consists of scambled eggs, bread, jam and fruits and is OK. Back around 11.30, leaving for the 2 afternoon dives is roughly at noon.
Global organisation is good, security well handled and equipments looked OK

The Rooms
Pictures on the webiste are pretty accurate: rooms are very clean, simple but nicely decorated. Fan but no air con, but it proved not to be a trouble. Bathrooms are small rooms with toilets and shower and are cleaned every day. Overall simple and budget accomodation, good value for money imo.

Visited April 2012