“bunch of thieves!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 124 Restaurants in Ko Tao
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right on Sairee beach, We have restaurant seating as well as beanbags on the wooden decking and more relaxed beanbags on the sand.
Goseong, Gangwon-do, South Korea
“bunch of thieves!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

i just came back from this bar
i was also at this bar yesterday and many times before but will not be going to this bar ever again and will never recommend it to my friends and fellow travelers
i am doing my divemaster training here on koh tao and it has been 1 month since i came and i will continue to stay

this is a very nice bar if you just look on the outside
but rotten inside
i mean the staff including the manager are not the most honest people
in fact i think they are bunch of thieves and scam artists

they will steal your money at any opportunity

i put my bag on a seat to reserve a spot and went up to the bar to order a drink and came back to my seat approximately after 1 min
and MY BAG WAS GONE!!

people who were sitting behind me told me that one of the staff members took it

so i went up to the bar
and got my bag back
and went up to the bar again to pay for my drink and noticed that most of my money was gone!

i informed the manager of this
and he was offended that i made accusations against one of their staffs

who could have taken the money then? you and your staff were the only people who touched my bag in the past minute!

he told me if his staff were to take the money from my wallet they would have taken everything and not leave any money in the wallet

but the funny thing was that i never told him that i had money left in my wallet
i only told him that "i think someone took my money"

this raised red flags and made it clear that he was part of this lowly criminal activity

he tried to convince me that i could have left the money home thinking that i brought it with me hahaha
i am sorry but i am asian
and i went to a business school
i know how to count my money
and i specifically brought enough money so i could get a massage

he went on to explain that his staff are so honest that some people had iphones in their bag and it was still there when it was retuned to the owner and the owner gave 500 baht to the staff to thank them and talked as if i should be thankful that i didnt lose the all of my bag

this is true
i am very thankful that i did not lose all of my bag and it is my fault for leaving my bag unattended

actually
i didn't lose that much money
i lost 1000 baht which is about $30

yes i am unhappy that i lost some of my money
but the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that someone chose to go through my bag
into my wallet and steal from me taking advantage of me and thinking that this is OK

it is my fault that i left my bag unattended and i am thankful that i did not lose all of my bag
but this does not justify someone from stealing

and as a manager you have a responsibility and duty to make sure such things do not happen in your bar

if this continues
no one will go to your bar

i hope the manager and the members of the fizz bar understands that it's not OK to steal from someone and discontinue such dishonerable act

and fellow travelers
please support honesty and honest people by not going to this bar then one day maybe the world if not koh tao and thailand will be a better place

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jay G, Manager at FIZZ beachlounge, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Wow. First of all, I'm surprised at Tripadvisor for allowing such slanderous reviews to be permitted against a business without any kind of proof.

Let's get straight to the point shall we; you left your bag, UNATTENDED, on a busy beach at a peak time of the evening...sunset. The staff at Fizz know that they are required to bring any unattended items/ items that have been left behind, to me, in the hope that the owner will return to collect it.

I have no idea how long the bag was unattended for, but when the waiter saw it he picked it up, which was acknowledged by the group of people sat behind you, and then proceeded to walk across a decking area which was full of customers, before handing the bag to me. The bag was in his possession for less than 15 seconds. Opening your bag, taking out the wallet, removing 1000 baht, and then placing the wallet back inside; I imagine would take a little longer, especially whilst trying to hide what he was doing from customers/ his colleagues and especially me.

Let me assure you that I wasn't offended by you accusing my colleague, but I wanted to clarify that you were in fact making an accusation, because you weren't being very clear and it is something that I take very seriously.
When we were chatting about this on the beach, you put your hand inside the bag and took some money out, so you didn't need to tell me that you had money left in your wallet, I could see!

I merely suggested the possibility that when you returned to your room, you could have potentially not brought out as much cash as you had thought. I also suggested that it would have been quite possible for anyone to have walked past your unattended bag and taken money out, which you agreed with.

I stand by my comments with regards to my trust in the staff at Fizz, they wouldn't be working there if I had the smallest doubt.

As you're on the island doing your divemaster training, please come and see me any time to discuss this further.

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good food, average drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Came late around 2130, so many if the dishes weren't available. Went for the grilled tuna steak which was delicious

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Yummy food and great cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great place to just sit back and relax on the giant beanbags, enjoy a cocktail and watch the sunset. If you stay for dinner then the food is really tasty and something to suit everyone.

Visited June 2013
“Recommended place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this place, very good restruant with good food, you seat very close to the sea and there is a fresh air.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Great location for the sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Come for sunset and enjoy the Happy Hour.
This is one of the classier bars on Koh Tao and gets a great crowd in the late afternoon.
You can sit in your very comfy bean bag and watch the people and the sunset.
Highly recomended though didn't eat here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere