“Worst hotel in Thailand!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex

Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Tao
Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex
You added Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex to your Saves list
9/9 Moo 1, Ko Tao 84360, Thailand   |
Ranked #47 of 57 Ko Tao B&B and Inns
“Worst hotel in Thailand!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Staying in a "mountain view" room which is actually the Thai ghetto. It's currently 2315 and the locals are doing karaoke right outside. We got a non air room and it was cheap to book but we've found much better prices with much more on the walk here. Luckily we booked through a company that let us do one night which they weren't happy about when we checked in. Three times today the water has been out in the whole building. A basic room is basic, no top sheet, a filthy bottom sheet, no drinking water no running water and so loud. This is the worst place we've stayed in all of Thailand. Don't waste your time there are a ton of much better hotels that you won't find online.

• Stayed February 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

3 lone female travellers (including myself) arrived at the resort, and were quicky accomodated in a room with a single and double bed for 700 baht. No problem there - the room was adequate and clean, and what you come to expect.
The following day, one of the group left, and the other didn't know what she was doing, but I decided to stay on, so secured a twin room with an outside loo / shower for 300 baht. This is where the problems started. The other girl and myself went on a fantastic snorkel tour at 8am. She had tried to get into my room the night before,but as I was not around, they (quite rightly) didn't let her into my room. She had another single room, but wasn't staying the following night. She handed her key in before we left to snorkel as she was checking out. That evening when she asked for her passport, they kicked up a fuss, because they hadn't understood she was departing that evening. They tried to charge her for that night, but finally gave up. They were subsequently rude to me, and charged me more than they should have for the internet, and then lost some washing. When I went to collect it, they said it wasn't ready, despite having seen it! Checking out the next morning, they handed it to me only moments before I was due to depart, so I quickly checked to find there was some missing. They had no intention of telling me about it, and told me it had been stolen. It wasn't the end of the world, but they weren't going to do anything about it. Finally they suggested I replace ONE of the missing skirts (denying the other 2 and a pair of shorts) in the shop next door. Not seeing one I liked, I replaced it with a bikini, but left with a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: Very good value, shame about the staff.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Lotus resort is right in the middle of village at sairee beach.
Pros - Basic bungalows, clean bedding on a very firm bed, good fan, great location. Relatively insect free.
Cons- air con not powerful, waste of money, bit noisy at night, no maid service for 3 days???
The staff were very helpful as the first bungalow we looked at the air con didn't work properly so they moved us. They got air con working but with hindsight the fan was more powerful. The bathroom is not physically attached to the bungalow so there is a big gap where mosquito can get in. We just lit a coil and left it in bathroom through the night and had no problems. As with most basic bungalows you get a base sheet and pillows and a blanket. I requested an extra sheet, and received it straight away. Strangely tho the room was not serviced during our stay. I did forget to mention this to reception. Overall it served its purpose we'll but I would waste money on aircon.

• Stayed December 2011
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel is not like the one depicted in every website; during the second night i had a teible allergical reaction by contact to che wol sheets..lots of red blisters on my skin and i had my mate to do me a cortisone injection to save me. In the morning i aske for a slution (cotton instead of wool) but the manager told us to go away not to stress hif 'cause he thought we were lieing 'cause we found such a bad room/hotel =) After a 3-4 hours fighting tying to make them understand the real problem, we had a deal: 5-6 towels to cover the bed for the third night, i manage to have my passport back and also the other 2 nights missing (about 1200 THB).. No one came t clean up the room neither to give us towels, so we left the hotel in the early morning and took the first boat to Koh Phangan... NEVER EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
mohammad h, Manager at Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
i just want to say the dive center has nothing to do with lotus resort , the dive center has his own rooms , they are new with beautiful mountain view , lotus resort is under contraction now , they making 2 new swimming pool . so please don't stop coming to siam scuba center , we still welcoming every one , and you will love the new rooms if you diving ,
Modena, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Unfortunately I read the reviews' of tripadvisor only after when I made the reservation. We booked 2 superior deluxe bungalows hoping to get a nice accommodation next to the beach. We were spending 30€ per night per person (which is a quite high price for koh Tao) and I seriously believe that the quality was not enough for that price. The bathroom are horrible, the room was clean but the daily cleaning was not included. The were next to the beach but it's important to highlight that the beach is Sairee which is the only nightlife place of the island but during the day is also the worst beach of the island. It's dirty and the sea is not nice so if you are going to koh Tao to stay in a wonderful place like us don't go there. If you want to stay at that beach to be next to the few pubs of the island my advice is to take a bungalow not on the beach which are cheaper. And anyways do not book at Lotus! They are also unpolite. There is not wifi, you can connect only from their Internet point for 1 bath per minute. But be careful! The price is 1 bath only for the guest of the hotel,other people pay 2bath but they will always try to charge you the normal price!

• Stayed August 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had a few comments about lotus resort but it was before the new management toke it over. They are really cool guys and very helpful, we have heard a lot before and i think it was true. i think its worth it especially with the new amazing rooms they have, its so cheap regarding the others near by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

wow. so this place was HORRIBLE!! I dont think these guys would get any bookings if it weren't for their ability to take advantage of incredibly hungover youth the day after full moon parties... wish I had had the chance to read online reviews before signing up to this place. The dude spotted me and my bf walking along with backpacks (looking incredibly worse for wear!!) and encouraged us to take a room with him - since we hadnt slept in a LONG time we just agreed and took the first bed we found...

We had the same experience everyone else with the broken shower, the walls only being as thin as woven grass (this ISNT the case on the rest of koh tao... no matter what the guy tries to tell you!) right next to a REALLY loud bar that goes all night, and the bathroom had totally been an afterthought, built only the side of the bungalow with no efforts to join it properly to the bedroom. When you stood in the shower, you could look out a gap to the ground the length of the door and about 15cm high!! one time I looked down and saw a dog looking up at me!! it was creepy, anyone could have broken into your room if they wanted or had a perve on you in the bathroom. sooo dodgy!

we also came across the fact that the dude just charges you what he thinks he can get out of you! we paid 500B which was WAY too much as it was, but then heard him quote 700B to another couple for exactly the same room! we moved the following night to sairee cottage which was only 300B per night and was about 500 times better!!

It was kinda fun for a laugh... but never stay here if u actually want to have a relaxing enjoyable time

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lotus Resort & Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!