“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Beach Resort

You added Andaman Beach Resort to your Saves list
Andaman Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   65 Moo 7, Ton Sai Bay | Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed there 4 nights ...i don't know about the price because my friend payed for my room haha... but i slept just in hostels the last weeks so this was really paradise for me!!
They have a pool with a perfect temperature (not too warm not too cold)
A beach view from the pool, the rooms are nice the beds were VERY comfy and the air conditioning was very good. Every bungalow has a small terasse with chairs and a small table in front of it.
It was very clean AND- no cockroaches ;)))

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hungarian first
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for one night in June. Pool was great and the hotel was right on the beach. About ten minutes walk from the pier but the hotel has staff to carry your luggage.
Minor confusion about breakfast. Signs in room are outdated by a year and say breakfast finishes at 10.30am when it actually finishes at 10am. After complaining we were given lunch for free.
Comfortable sized rooms. Definitely get a bungalow with aircon.

Room Tip: Pick aircon!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed there few weeks ago. loved this place, nice and clean, lovely balcony, swimming pool was great. Breakfast was ok but not great, lots of curry, noodles etc not so much of healthy eating but that wasn't a big problem, they still had some other food. Location was good as well, many good restaurant all around. Customer service was great, they helped us with our luggage from the pier and back. Receptionist girls were fine but to be honest wherever you stay in Thailand all receptionist are the same not very helpful just seems like they just don't want to be there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NSW Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This resort is situated about 10 minute walk along the east running path from the main pier. It is basically the last resort you can walk to. Check in was okay, we had to wait a little while until our room was ready. We picked a room suitable for my wife and I and our 7 year old daughter. We had a look at a few rooms and decided on the larger room. It had aircon, Ensuite, free wifi (which quite good), breakfast included and checkout at11.00am.
The room was comfortable and recently renovated. The shower was a bit of a nightmare, the taps fell apart and when they did work barely had any hotwater comeout. It had an oldstyle television withaheap of channels in thai, not many english.
We were kept awake by the local bullfrogs callingout to each other allnight, but it is the tropics. Swimming pool was probably thestand out of the resort, relatively cool and clean.
The breakfast in the morning was nice, but lacked variety and aimedtowards the asian palate. Location was good right on the beach front, but away from any nightlife, so was pretty quite until the frogs start!
Anyway, overall not bad, it served a purpose and cost very little.
e

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed in one of the luxury villas which were ok clean and tidy inside but it’s the management of the resort should you have any problems. They was 3 steps up to my villa which on the second night I was heading off out the as I went down the top one broke and I fell face first and caught a leg in the step, this was accident I know but when I told management I could of really hurt myself and it wasn’t safe his response was lucky I don’t charge you for the damage! I know it’s not the UK but at least a goodwill gesture or something! I broke my finger and a few cuts but I generally could have broken my leg!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The room was over priced and to get aircon in same room costs an extra 600 baht. From experience in Thailand I haven't needed aircon so didn't bother-tip make sure you get it here as bathroom has no ventilation so makes room very humid. The bathroom truly was gross. Pool and hotel position is absolutely beautiful, unfortunate the pool is only open from 10am-7pm.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

A big thanks (Kop khun krap) to the staff, for replacing our mattress today. Granted the mattress we slept on last night should of been retired a long time ago. With that being said we asked the pleasant front desk staff this morning to see if they could replace our mattress or move us to a new room. No arguments, or excuses, just a smiling reply - "yes sir, can do". A few hours later and done deal! I'm sorta glad this hotel does not rate higher.. It's my fifth trip to phi phi and I've been able to stay here without reservations four times.. This hotel offers everything We look for in a moderate priced resort. Beginning with helpful accommodating staff (who remember us), a great location, good pool, pleasant tropical surroundings.. Breakfast is okay, and the beach out front is one of the better locations, albeit it's a far cry from some of the beaches Thailand is known for. It is one of the better ones on phi phi don though...

Also thanks to some of trip advisors previous contributors for assuring this little gem remains out of phi phi's top hotels, although we are sorry to hear your stay was not as planned. Koh Phi Phi Don is a backpacker, hippyish island. The average age is likely below 25, however the more matured traveller can enjoy this area as well.. If I may suggest, support these "2 & 3 star resorts" and keep the so called "5 star" resorts in Phuket and the mainland, where they belong..

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!