“Impressive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Beach Resort

You added Andaman Beach Resort to your Saves list
Andaman Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   65 Moo 7, Ton Sai Bay | Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
3.0 of 5 stars 337 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I like this resort it is clean and upkept by grounds staff. It is quiet, clean and many families stay here. I like that they are concrete bungalows and not bamboo bungalows. The price was right for the value. I would like to return someday and stay for one month. The dog barking bothered some people but not at my cabin. I cannot comment on the restraunt because I favored another restraunt down island. Also when walking on the beach at Jum Island wear some kind of footwear, a tourist stepped on broken glass buried in the sand and got a nasty cut when I was there.

Room Tip: make reservations before you go there because it fills up fast.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Looking around, the andaman looks the nicest from the outside. The pool is very nice with stunning views but keep any aged children well away from the jacuzzi as their is a suction hole which is open and unbelievably strong, so much that i actually struggled to pull my foot away. A young child could be seriously injured or even drowned.
Our bathroom in the bungalow was just one big wet room that flooded everytime we showered and got everywhere soaked.
Their is no safe in the room which I felt was shocking but their are safety deposit boxes available at reception at a price! Its 20tbh each time you go into the locker. Our room was awful. Really filthy and grubby looking and was never cleaned well, upon arrival their was still the last guests hair grips on the floor and hairs everywhere, we asked to change room but wasn't allowed for some reason. Only 1 plug in the room for electrics. No where on the portch to put wet clothing/towels to dry out. The resort offer free wifi but you only have a limited usage time which I feel is bad as ive never experienced this before. Breakfast is the same every day, rice, noodles, curry, toast, eggs and x2 different types of cereals. The pool gets extremely busy with random people that visit on day trips to the area leaving hotel guests pushed out.

Definitely have a good look around at other resorts before booking this one.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I only stayed here for one night as me and a friend where travelling the islands. Was lovely for a nights stay. Had a lovely room right by the pool.
The pool was very nice and the grounds of the resort was beautiful. Felt very peaceful here.

The one problem I had was with the bathroom. There was no shower, the shower was the bathroom. Which made the whole bathrrom slippery and made the toilet and toilet roll wet. Which made us just feel dirty to use the bathroom after.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spent five days there and were having a pleasant experience. I mean: the breakfast was terrible, the swimming pool was always full and the bathroom for some reason only had hot water after 9am. But our room was good and the employees were very gentle - there was a nice guy in the reception, that always remembered our room number, and was always smiling.

But, in our last night there, the biggest problem of all appeared: a rat ran from behind the desk.

Yeah, a rat, like Stuart Little, Mickey Mouse and Master Splinter, not like that thing you use to make incredible things in your computer.

We went to the reception (there was no phone in the room), some guys armed with some kind of spears and sprays came to our room, to start the hunt. The rat wasn't found and someone that seemed to be a manager said that WE COULD COME BACK TO THE ROOM.

Of course we didn't. And I will miss the nice guy from the reception. But will never come back to Andaman Beach Resort.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. Koh Jum is a perfect little island paradise. We stayed in a room with a fan and cold water, which suited us just fine. I know they also have rooms with ac and hot water. The rooms were airy and spacious. Our room was cleaned every day and the whole place was very tidy. The bed was hard which is my only complaint. There was also a screen door which made it nice to bring in the cool morning air. There was also a veranda out front with chairs and a clothesline.

The restaurant was delicious. They had a good selection of food and the fresh fruit shakes were great. Free wifi in the restaurant area.

The beach was nice but rocky at low tide. They had plenty of lounge chairs as well. Great swimming at high tide. I would recite my recommend this place!

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here on recommendations of others and its great. The place is great, friendly helpful staff, very reasonably priced food and very cheap rooms, go for a 500baht room over the more expensive ones, just as good and only 50m back from the beach. Live music when we were there and the guy with the guitar was very very good and gifted.

Overall great place to stay, had an influx of guests from other resorts they were displeased with particularly the golden pearl. Prices reasonable, helpful staff, good atmosphere and best rooms at cheapest prices we've had!

Will go back one day!

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a disappointment!!! We were a party of 15 people ( 7 rooms ) staying February 19th for 1 night celebrating a friend's wedding in Thailand. It must have been one of the highlights of our holiday but it was indeed a big shame.
Rooms average and noisy, no water pressure in the shower, ridicolous breakfast ( very poor buffet and only one guy to cook eggs for more than 50 people, why don't they put scrambled eggs instead? ), but the worse was the Front Desk service and attitude.
I have been working in Hotel industry at Front Desk since 15 years and if I had the same kind of attitude I would have been jobless long time ago.
No smile, no assistance whatsoever, I have put a note on the reservation saying the special occasion of our travel and guess what? They allocate the honeymoon couple to the worse room of the seven. We asked to switch rooms and the answer was simply NO !!!.
Location is fine, a 10 minute walking from the pier and away from the clubs at night but next time I would rather sleep on the beach than book again here....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Andaman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!