“Great resort with a sour aftertaste” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Phi Phi Don
Paradise Resort
You added Paradise Resort to your Saves list
Long Beach, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“Great resort with a sour aftertaste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The resort and location are without doubt incredibly beautiful; serene and picturesque. The rooms are generously sized, although a little too big for the very basic furniture in the rooms.
Long Beach is of course the little slice of paradise which has had the least development intrude onto the natural delights of Phi Phi. The short longboat journey from chaotic Ton Sai Bay transports you a million miles away in your comfort. Long Beach is amazing, within great snorkelling directly offshore, a number of great resort restaurants and a more sophisticated class of clientele.
So the up sides of staying on Long Beach can be experienced when staying at any of the neighbouring resorts.
The up sides of choosing Paradise Resort are; the slightly cheaper room rates, the quiet setting and the cleanliness of the resort.
The down sides of choosing Paradise Resort are; 60 mins wifi, which you have to request tokens for everyday, they then make you sign for them and treat you with great suspicion when you ask for them, reception for the wifi is poor and can only be achieved in the reception area, so no Skype possible in your room; breakfast is really poor quality, processed sausages and some rice, bread and a little fruit only, I had breakfast at The Beach Resort next door where the breakfast consisted of a mixture of western and Asian options, eggs cooked to request and lots of fruit and vegetables, a vast difference; Paradise Resort seems to prey on charging extras, such as internet, towels, soap, sun lounges, long boats and pretty much anything else which you need; on my last morning I went to have breakfast, pouring myself a coffee, when I was informed that I was not on the breakfast list that morning due to a booking issue, I didn't argue and said that I would just finish my coffee and leave, only to be told that I would need to pay 30 baht if I wanted to finish the coffee.

For all of the obvious quality and good maintenance and upkeep at the resort, it is the money grabbing and unreasonable extra costs which leave that sour taste that makes you realise you would not choose to stay here for your next Phi Phi visit.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Superb beach. V nice room. We were on the back row of rooms and one up from the cheapest.

There were small anoyances. Wifi in 30 min chunks and only while the office is open. I just want to check my emails sometimes and don't want to waste one of 2 half hour chunks.I also like to look at emails when people in uk are awake.

Also the restaurant should open past 5 even if just for drinks. Wine by glass would be good too.

A little pricy but worth it for the fantastic location. If they just made a few tweaks and thought about customer services this could easilly have been a 5 star review.

Göteborg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the kind of review you write when you are upset because this is the place you pay the most for and it barely compares to the actual paradises you have just been to, where you only paid half the price!

We were really looking forward to our stay on Long Beach at Paradise Resort. I had spent countless hours on TA reading previous reviews, wanting to make our trip to Thailand perfect. However, this was not that case and Paradise Resort was actually the only negative thing on our entire trip.

To begin with, I had contacted the resort asking if they provided transportation from the pier, which they said they did. So I let them know the arrival of our boat and they told me that someone would be there at 2 pm to pick us up. We arrived and there was no one waiting from Paradise Resort, so we just hung out for a while, figuring someone would show up. 3 pm rolls around and still no one-so we decided to call (which maybe was silly on our part since that cost us probably 2x the amount it would've to just take a longtail taxi boat) anyways they told us someone would be there in 5 min. (The trip to Long Beach takes roughly 10min) so it seems as though they had forgotten about us, even though I wrote to them the day before and the morning of.

After we finally arrived we were shown our room, which was nice, but unnecessarily large. It was just a large room with a bed and two chairs and a mirror and it took quite a while for the AC to cool the room down since there was so much unnecessary space. It wasn't a very cozy feeling. What I found to be very bizarre was the towel and soap situation. We only received two shower towels. There was no hand soap or hand towel. When I asked reception if we could have some soap, they said that we could purchase some for 50 baht. When you are paying over 3,000 baht a night, I do not expect to have to pay for soap OR have to put a deposit down for extra towels.

Also the bed is EXTREMELY hard. I personally like a firm mattress, but this was way too hard. I was unable to sleep on my sides because the bed was so hard.

The reception was not very friendly and always seemed to "conveniently misunderstand". I found it very distasteful that every time I entered reception they were constantly counting money and could care less if you were there. I asked about "Lets Sea Restaurant" which I read about on TA and they had no idea what I was talking about, when it was less then 300m away!

When you are paying this type of money, you except a little more, which we did not receive. It felt as though they were more concerned about making money rather than pleasing their guests. They charge for WiFi, which is unheard of nowadays. Every ROOM gets 1 hour of free wifi a day and it only works between a certain time of day and you have to be in reception.

What really disappointed me was when we had to depart. I asked the reception if they offered free transport back into town, and one guy said they did. But the next day another guy told us we had to pay 100 baht each. ALL of the other resorts on Long Beach offer free longtail boats throughout the day going to Tonsai Bay. Once again, all about the money.

As for Long Beach, its a pretty beach, but it is crowded. Reminds me of Mykonos. This is an island that has become popular so there are many tourists, do not expect to be alone. Long Beach is one of the nicer beaches on the island, but after coming from Koh Lanta where you were one of five on a beach, this isn't what I expect paradise to be.

I wouldn't recommend Paradise Resort to someone looking for a relaxing beach vacation. (Paradise Resort is also the only resort that does not offer free beach chairs). There are so many other locations with better prices and helpful staff.

It is a nice location with clean and modern rooms, but I would save your money and stay elsewhere if you are truly looking for paradise.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was a bit scared of Phi Phi : too many persons, too tourists, too much noise... I took the boat Phi Phi pier and thanks to friends recommendation went to Paradise resort. For that you need to take a longtail from main Pier (100 THB per person). Few minutes later I arrived on beautiful beach facing Phi Phi Ley. The resort is situated on the beach. Rooms are a very good value for money. They are quite simple and a bit old maybe, but who cares, the time is spent on water and on the beach. The restaurant (open in the morning and for lunch only) is ok (standard restaurant) for a cheap price. You can do massage just in front of the resort. I was there in March and there were not so many people on the beach. It was a very good time there! I will go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The resort is located on a beach called 'Long Beach'. It's about 2 kilometers from Ton Sai bay - just at the sweet spot where you dont have to pay an exhorbitant amount to taxi-boatmen to ferry you to and from the resort every time (100 Baht per person per way). Also, if you wish to walk to town, that's very much doable too (though the way is more of a trek than a walk - but it's fun!)

Point being - it's not too close to be bustly nor too far to be very inaccessible from Ton Sai - it's just right.

Long beach is - well - a very long beach! It has some 4-5 resorts lined along the shore, Paradise Resort being one of them.

The resort has a large (about 100 m - 200 m) beach facing it, in which you can do all sorts of water sports like swimming, Kayaking etc. The resort has an attached dive shop where you can get snorkels and life jackets for rent.

The beautiful beach facing restaurant where I had breakfasts staring out at the blue Andaman Sea in front of me, is not something which I'll forget quickly.

The staff is very friendly and do their best to make your stay comfortable and provide for all your needs.

I found a couple of areas where I'd like improvement:
1) The room itself was very basic and had almost nothing apart from a bed, a safe, most essential furniture and a TV. But at 2500 Baht per person I dont think I should be complaining. The other higher-category rooms apparently are a lot more beautiful than mine. I'd have loved to have a telephone in the room though.

2) The breakfast buffet could have had a bit more variety.

But these are minor blemishes on an otherwise flawless resort experience - Go for it, you wont regret it.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is just lovely! On the nice side of Koh Phi Phi called Long Beach you arrive after seeing the madness of the main Koh Phi Phi harbour to a little piece of heaven.Gorgeous beach, crystal clear water and quiet!

Can't say enough about the hotel and its location. The staff were very nice, the rooms were lovely and the breakfast and lunch just delicious. The Banana pancakes were to die for!

The beach is lovely for just relaxing but you can also arrange tours through the hotel. You can walk to the main area of Koh Phi Phi in about 15 mins but wouldn't do that if you were going out for a nice meal...just get the boat taxi and you'll be there quickly and not sweating!

We ate dinner at the Paradise pearl hotel just a few mins walk away, again food was great.

Would stay here again in a flash!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we stayed here for 2 days in March, the place is just beautiful.its on long beach which is away from the crowd of phi phi don.the beauty of the views from long beach is breathtaking.you can snorkel and we could hire the masks for 50thb/person from resort.the resort itself is well maintained the checkin was a breeze, they even sent us a long tail boat on request to pick us up from phi phi don.we stayed in a superior not beach front room, it dint make much diffrence as we were 3 rows away from the beach.the room was a newly constructed one and was spaciuos neat , had vault, bathroom was also spacious and good.room was serviced everyday.Ekka chai at the reception was a humble smiling guy who helped us with all the requests and querys, we got good massages by the beach which belongs to the resort.the breakfast was great they had a vast variety of international and local food.they also serve lunch , for dinner you need to go to the neighbouring resort pearl paradise, which has good food as well at reasonable prices.if you want to be away from the night clubs and the sounds of phi-phi this is the place to be.
I am just waiting to come back here again.....:)thanks you guys were great!!hope i get a beach front room next time.!!
Olivia

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!