“Phi Phi Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Phi Phi Hotel

You added Phi Phi Hotel to your Saves list
Phi Phi Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Center of Ao Ton Sai Village, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Phi Phi Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is in a good location for a short stay on Koh Phi Phi however it was overpriced, the staff were quite rude and unhelpful and it was not as clean as other hotels we had stayed at during our trip around Thailand. It is on a remote island so the hotel can get away with charging high rates however this is not reflected in their service, which was very disappointing and below average for Thailand.

We were only there for two nights, the toilet broke, we were given two single beds even though we paid for a double and when we went down for breakfast there were dogs sat next to the buffet with flys all over it.

This hotel was a disappointing stay for such a lovely location!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently visited this hotel just for lunch during our day tour to Phi Phi Island. We were travelling with 2 young children. After our lunch I asked the receptionist if there was a baby change room. The receptionist very rudely told me that there was none and that I should change my little one's nappy in the women's toilet. I pointed out to him that this was impossible as the restrooms had water everywhere and It was not clean enough. My husband joined the conversation and requested if there was any other flat surface which we could use. The receptionist suddenly became very agitated and started yelling at us and asked us to leave!!!! When we asked to speak to the manager, a young girl came around. She was worse than the manager. She actually started swearing at us and threatened that she will call the police if we did not leave. My husband and I had no clue why they were yelling and swearing just for a simple request so we insisted that the staff call the police so we could speak to the police as this was making no sense. The staff did not respond to the request but continued to swear. The kids were very scared due to this episode. I was so angry about this that I refused to leave the hotel without changing my little one. We finally changed her right in front of the reception area on a sofa.

Weirdest experience!

• Stayed May 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very central, easy to get around the island. Don't believe any if the reviews I thought the hotel was of a really high standard compared to many of the hotels, guests houses you can stay in phi phi, by far one of the better it's not luxurious as in, waiters and cocktails it's an average 3star hotel. But in phi phi it's like 5 star. Some of the places they call hotels I wouldn't let my dog stay in. Anyway all round good stay rooms are big and u get two bottles of free water in your fridge daily and also breakfast. Maybe a little over priced

• Stayed May 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is beyong horrible. We booked this hotel through a 2 day/1 night trip. so part of the tour was lunch at this hotel - where about 100 people get bussed into the hotel everyday for lunch, not great if you are a regular guest staying there. When we arrived - we were sent to the dining room. this was tucked away at the back of the hotel, in a fairly dark and old looking room. the tables had plastic table clothes on, which reminded me of being in primary school! we hadnt finished eating - which was mediocre at best and which we hardly ate - when they started cleaning off the extra food left on peoples plates into big black rubbish bins next to our table!
Then we tried to book in - we had a issue booking in as we had left documents at our other hotel. instead of being helpful the 'receptionist' was rude and arrogant - her name is Jiep/Jieb. She started back chatting my husband and this girl was probably 20 years old at most! Told us she didnt like us and when we asked if they could phone our hotel to get it they said they didnt have a phone or internet. She then said we must use a pay phone down the road. This girl also acted like she didnt understand english or what we were saying - meanwhile you could see she was acting dumb. Her attitude showed her age - immature, arrogant, rude, incompetent and unable to handle guests and problems and she certainly shouldn't be front of house at any hotel. What really dumb founded me was i know any hotel i have ever been to, the check in counter would have made an effort to contact our other hotel who had the documents on record, but not this one. They ignored us and simply didnt care that we were paying customers. The other people behind the desk appear to be trainees and were clearly scared of Jiep, as they all just sat their in silence.
My husband had also signed a document when we first arrived and when he asked to see it all the poeple behind the counter ignored us and pretended they didnt know what we were talking about. even though this is a standard form they make all guests sign. eventually after 5 minutes of begging people, they "found" the form - it had been torn up and thrown into the rubbish bin!
When we asked to speak to a manager we were told there wasnt one and that he was located in Bangkok!
So be warned the hotel is being run by 20 year olds, with no managerial assistance.
oh and also i went to use their bathroom and there was a sign on the basin saying 'this is not to be used for bathing or washing feet' - think that sums up the hotel nicely in terms of quality!

Room Tip: dont choose a room - becuase you shouldnt even stay here!
Dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the check out! Sadly, everything else was simply horrible. The attitude of the staff was awful. They could not find my booking to start with so I asked for the access code for the public wifi and was told as I was not a guest I could not use the public wifi! I had to go to an Internet cafe to get the information and was then told I needed to wait for the Bangkok office to send them the confirmation. It took them 30 minutes and they would not have told us, I had to go there again to ask what the update was! Every guest at check in was sweating like crazy as there were no fans. The room was as far away as possible with no lifts and no one to help with bags. The staff simply did not care. I have seen better quality dorm rooms while I was at university! The air con bearly made the room acceptably cool and no one from reception would answer the phone or come to check it out. The swimming pool had so much chlorine that my hands literally turned white after just 2 minutes and the smell of the water was just too overpowering. there is no chance i would allow my daughter to swim in there. If you want to stay in phi phi I would avoid this place.

Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for our honeymoon. The rooms were simple but very clean, shower had clean hot water, and the staff knew us by name and did a great job welcoming us. The free buffet breakfast is delicious with all you could want plus a personal chef for eggs however you want. This hotel is in the center of everything, so noise is expected especially during the Songkran Festival! Beach is a five minute walk, had a beyond amazing time here :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor but we heard 5th floor has the best view.... But no elevator so keep that...
Duncan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013. This hotel is a 2 minute walk from the pier where the ferry docks. Rooms are really basic. We had a small balcony facing the back alley, but also with a slight ocean glimpse. Bathroom was tiny. Safe worked fine. Pool was clean. Included breakfast was good. No bugs found in our room. Not really worth the price we paid to stay here as there is a major abundance of rooms on this Island for much better value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Phi Phi Hotel? Share your experiences!