“Just brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phi Phi Natural Resort

You added Phi Phi Natural Resort to your Saves list
Phi Phi Natural Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   53 Moo 8, Leamtong Beach | Ao Nang, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
“Just brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was amazing, breakfast included was great you can get your eggs any way you like. The staff were very helpful. Piece and quiet just at the end of the island. We were there for Loi Krathong and the hotel made their own little fair with places to eat, drink and play games. Absolutely amazing. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I'm not usually one to write reviews, but really need to warn people about this place. My very expensive room was at least a 15 minute walk from reception. Upon arrival, I realised it was next to a construction site, so there was constant drilling and banging all through the day. It drove me nuts. I asked staff where I could swim, and they said in the small swimming pools- there is no beach to relax on at the resort. There is no wifi in the rooms, and the wifi at reception is dubious at best. My door wouldn't close properly and nor would my safe. It's incredibly expensive to get into town- around 900 baht by boat. In summary, I wish I never booked into this hole! Don't make the same mistake as me!

• Stayed February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed here as part of a 3 week honeymoon in Thailand. This was by far the poorest place we stayed in and the 3 nights we were at the Natural Resort were the most disappointing out of what was otherwise a fantastic holiday. The first day we were there we took the hotel buffet for lunch and it was disgusting, the worst I have had anywhere. The hotel insisted in blaring out a tone deaf singer/guitarist every day spoiling a seat on the beach, and to say that the staff were uninterested was an understatement. I even had a breakfast token snatched out of my hand by a rude little man who marched off shouting at other staff as if the task was beneath him. They clearly make their money from the frequent boat trips that arrive for lunch hence the terrible food and complete lack of interest in paying guests. The shacks were poor also with cracks under doors and windows letting the local insect and wild life in. We stayed in many other nicer, friendlier and more peaceful places in Thailand and I would urge you to think twice before booking here. Shame as the island is actually quite pretty.

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near the sewage treatment as it stinks.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

As a self confessed TA geek i rarely write bad reviews as i always do my homework on hotels & restaurants. Booked this hotel last minute as had to return to Phi Phi to collect some valuables we left at a hotel we stayed at 1 week earlier. My 2 friends who i travelled with wanted to book acc before arriving so our choice was either here, budget huts with no air con or a top resort at an astronomical price. After reading the mixed reviews we knew it wasn't going to be plain sailing. So booked 1 bungalow between the 3 of us at a cost of 7200 baht (£132) per night for 4 nights.

Positives - Quiet location right at the end of the island.

Negatives - A long way way from the Tonsai Bay so 900 baht 1 way boat ride. The hotel has a tractor driving down the beach all day ferrying guests to the pier, very noisy & pointless imo as its 5 mins walk. The hotel has around 15-20 speed boat excursions arrive daily with at least 30 passengers on each one. So around 450-600 people walking round the hotel and having lunch at once. Its absolute bedlam.

All bar one of the staff spoke almost no English so very difficult to communicate with them. The service in the beachside restaurant was nothing short of awful, waiting 30 mins for your drinks & 1 hour for food when it was quiet and getting orders wrong.

The room doesn't escape criticism. There was a gap in the patio door which must have let mosquitos in as we all got bitten badly. The shower door didn't shut properly.

I saddens me to have to write such a review but it's the harsh reality unfortunately. If they addressed these issues then it has potential as if you are looking for a secluded spot on Phi Phi this could be it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Caracas, Venezuela
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We were there for 5 nights, I didn't enjoyed it. The food was very elemental: if you don't like chicken do don't have any available food almost. Juice there coming from concentrate. Coke was expensive 120 BTH. Also there is any doctor in the area in case you have a problem you need to go to phi phi town (avoid this place at all cost). Also you have an horde of guru are coming and using the hotel every day at lunch time, there are on the buffet but later they are around the hotel and you can't find any relax time there. Hopefully the new Chef Manager will sort out this problem, and considering the circumstances he was very kind and helpful.

The swimming pool was unattended and the color was green.

The bungalow are nice but de away from the lovvy, no internet, you have tV and a nice fridge in case you are hungry during the night (restaurant close at 9:45)

• Stayed January 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We got a long tail boat for 900 baht. We had to argue to get them to drop us at the hotel rather than on the other side of the island.
First impressions were good as they took us to our hut in a golf buggy. The hut was a 8 minute walk to the lobby.
The rooms are clean & a nice size, but they look run down. The bathroom is very basic.
We had lunch on the first day which was awful. Breakfast was also really really bad. Plus there were Mynah birds swarming in and stealing sausages off of people's plates.
They do a buffet lunch for people of day trips. The quality is very poor, probably because they can get away with it.
I had really bad food poisoning for a couple of days. Terrible vomiting & diarrhoea. I can't be sure if it was what I had eaten here, in the Holiday Inn or in Phi Phi town.
The food quality is terrible everywhere we have been in Thailand.
I would advise you to stay in the Holiday Inn or Zeavola next door. Both hotels are lovely.
We booked a speedboat trip through the Holiday Inn to Maya Bay, Monkey beach, Viking cave etc which was great fun.
I would advise you not to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really liked this hotel. It wasn't as fancy as some of the other resorts near it, but wasn't as expensive either. After taking the ferry from Phuket to Tonsai Pier at Phi Phi you then have to take a long tail boat from the Pier to get to the hotel. This took a while longer than we anticipated and it was a bit harder to get to town than I thought it would, so its definitely better if you're looking for a more quite, isolated beach visit. If you want easy access to town, stay in Phi Phi Town and not in Laem Tong where this hotel is.

The beach at the hotel is nice--it does sort of disappear at night when the tide is high, but great during the day. However there are no beach chairs available which the other resorts next to it have, so that was a little disappointing. They have a tour desk so you can arrange for anything you want to do right from the hotel, and don't have to make your way back to town to do it. We had a long tail boat take us on a tour of the island, and it took us to all the main spots we wanted to see without us having to specifically tell him where to go. The next day we booked a speed boat tour to take me to Maya Bay and left me to lay on the beach while my boyfriend went fishing. It was perfect.

Their New Year's Eve celebration was overpriced and a bit cheesy. Definitely aimed for kids.
The check out process IS a bit of a nightmare--leave yourself extra time for it.

I loved our beach private beach cabin we had. The bed was a bit hard, but the bathroom was very modern. I loved the space and the balcony overlooking the ocean. Beautiful.

I'm sure there are nicer places on the island but you get what you pay for. I thought this was very nice for what we paid.

Room Tip: The private beach cabins numbered 100-110 are the closest to the lobby. The ones with higher number...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Phi Phi Natural Resort? Share your experiences!