“Average hotel in PP” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Phi Phi Bayview Resort

You added Phi Phi Bayview Resort to your Saves list
Phi Phi Bayview Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   69 Moo 7, Laem Hin Beach, Koh Phi Phi, T. Ao-Nang, Muang,, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Toronto, Canada
“Average hotel in PP”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Phi phi is a beautiful place but has become far too popular. The resort itself is average. Rooms are large, Beds comfy and the views are nice. But there are stairs and hills everywhere. I read multiple reviews about the hills before booking and thought to myself I'm in shape and can handle it. I was sweating every time I left the room from the walks.

Upon booking make sure you request row 1 or 2 of rows save yourself some walking...

The hotel is not on long beach and roughly a 20 minute walk away...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent but it was a bit disappointing. I suppose it depends on what you expect and what your needs are?
The room we had was up on a hill which made going anywhere a trek of note. The room was clean and adequate as far as accommodation goes. Breakfast was a disaster in my opinion. When all else fails we opt for bacon and eggs but there was no bacon on either of the mornings we stayed there. Also not much of a selection otherwise.
The staff were friendly and helpful I will admit, but we also found the beach area in front of the resort less than sparkling clean with a dirty little stream just beyond the end of the resort. The location was also just a bit too far to be close to the Pier (and activity) area, which was our intention. Nice pool.

I really think this can be a pleasant stop if it suits your needs but I enjoy a bit more than “adequate” when I am on holiday and this one just failed to impress me.

Room Tip: Beware that all rooms are away from reception and some may require a steep walk to get to. Ensure i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We looked at 3 rooms and all of them had old stained linens. The stains looked like washed blood, which made us very concerned about bed bugs and completely turned us off. The bathroom smelt like urine and the place looked overall rundown. The bungalows are located on a hill and it's quite a trek to get to any of them. The pool's water was murky and mosquitoes were roaming around in the midday heat. The beach near the pool is tiny and very dirty. We were tired and checked into the 3rd room at 3pm. After finding a decent hotel elsewhere, we came back and checked out at 8pm. There was no way we'd spend the night there.
We booked through Expedia and they refused to post the review. We travel regularly and will not be using Expedia anymore.

Room Tip: There are better hotels for a better value if you're willing to shop around.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bearsden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great little hotel set in an idyllic paradise location. We stayed in a deluxe villa which was almost on the beach. It looked onto the beach and beyond to Koh Phi Phi Ley, it must be one of the best views that you could ever imagine. The rooms are large enough and considering that it is a jungle type setting are reasonably good. There is a balcony with lounge chairs which add to the good feel of the whole place.
The only negative I have for this hotel is the reception staff, the girl I spoke to on arrival and on check out was less than helpful and quite curt, very unusual for Thailand. I generally found that Thailand was the most friendly place that I have ever been to.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe villa near the beach, or you will have some steep climbs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was worried about staying here since there were both very good and terrible reviews on Tripadvisor, but I must say that I´m glad I took the chance because this hotel is GREAT! The room I stayed at was huge, super clean, comfortable, with a great bathroom and amazing view. The location is also very convenient since it is 10 minutes walking distance to bars and restaurants area and also 10 min walking distance to long beach: the most relaxing beach in koh phi phi.
I stayed for a week here and think it´s a really wonderful hotel, just loved it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in April 2012 and it was by far the BEST part of my 9 night trip to Thailand. The location was a bit out of the way, about 25 minutes walk from the boat to the hotel but you can purchase direct boat transfers through travel agencys (I work in Travel and know they can supply them) but at the same time walking to the hotel is a great way to see Phi Phi Island!

We were greatly warmly with a welcome reception and drinks then directed to our rooms. The staircase definitely took a few of us by surprize! So many stairs!!! While it is great walking through all the free standing rooms, hiking back and forth up those stairs did get old fast.

The rooms made up for it however! Wonderful sea views and the best deck to sit and watch the sun set over the water. It was paradise, comfortable and relaxing paradise!

Breakfast was yummy. Who doesn't love a all-you-can-eat breakky buffet? Any food from the Hotel was good on that note, and the bar is worth while to check out if you want to stay at the hotel but there are so many great bars and restaurant all within walking distance to the hotel. Any cruisine you are after you can find by the hotel.

I didn't know until the last night that there was a pool. Its locationed quite out of the way and if I hadn't been told about it by fellow travellers I wouldn't have guessed there was one.

** NOTE ** In regards to noise and partying - This is a CONTIKI hotel (travel groups of 18-35 years olds) and while yes there was some noise on returning to the hotel, the actually "partying" is on the opposite side of the Island where all the backpacker hotels are located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

After staying in town on Phi Phi and not enjoying the loud noises throughout the night from the party-goers (3am wake up calls) we decided to walk around the island and find the perfect place. This is definitely one of them. There's really not too much option on PhiPhi, but Bayview was Bliss!
The views from our bungalow were amazing. The location is far enough from town to be away from the noise at night but close enough to walk. The bungalows are on a hill but it's really not too much to walk up. The rooms are good, with nice shower and big bed. Always clean with good size balconies.
After staying in town- this place was heaven!! Highly recommend. Definitely one of the best on PhiPhi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Phi Phi Bayview Resort? Share your experiences!