I was met at the airport and taken at once to the resort boat for the hour's journey to the resort. I was booked in a garden room, and a buggy was available to take me to the restaurant. It is a very big site, and I am disabled.
The sea here is missing all morning, and shallow when it does arrive. It is not suitable for snorkelling having no reef close in. Up the coast at the Holiday Inn the sea is always in, and there is a reef for snorkelling.
The staff in the dining room are over attentive. How many times when my mouth is full do I need to be asked how good the food is? It was nothing special, and lacked decent salads. One waitress asked me did I need my food cutting up which really annoyed me, though I said nothing. I just wished they had been less in my face. I hated the luke warm thermos of hot water on the table to make tea at breakfast.
I didn't like the room service boy asking me why I was on holiday alone, and why I didn't have a husband, or the buggy driver asking me how old I was, and what was wrong with my legs. Bit of training needed here all around I think.
The room was a bit sad. I got flashes when I plugged in the hair drier or kettle. The bit of plywood by the desk where the socket was mounted was loose from the wall. It was all a bit in need of refreshment. I was in room 305.
Pool area enormous & very attractive, with massages taking place openly on the floor alongside. The toasted ham and cheese sandwich I ordered was cold and had been brought from the kitchen some distance away. Also the bread was not toasted, nor the cheese melted. I rejected it.
Two lovely house cleaners who always worked hard, made a display of towel swans on the bed when I was leaving, which was a nice touch.
I had been led to believe it was better than the Holiday Inn next door where I am now. I was misled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream-like boutique resort situated on a private 800 metre stretch of pristine white sand beach lapped by the turqoise waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort is set on 70 acres of coconut palm plantations, in the privacy of Loh Ba Gao Bay on Phi Phi Island. Accommodation is comprised of 144 traditional Thai style bungalows and 12 exclusively private Hillside Pool Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Phi Island Village Beach Hotel
- Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Island Village Resort