“nice and friendly place !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 31 Activities in Ko Phi Phi Don
5.0 of 5 stars 19 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Classes/Workshops, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: A small, friendly, PADI registered dive shop located on the beautiful beach of Hat Yao (Long Beach), Koh Phi Phi Don. Small group sizes for dive drips and courses alike - beginners welcome!
Paris
3 attraction reviews
“nice and friendly place !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent 6 days in Koh Phiphi and I went diving for 4 days.
The location of the dive shop in Long Beach is very nice, the boat is wonderfull and the team very friendly...so everything to spend really good time !
Thank you Fiona and Jean-Yves for your kindness, thank you Matheo for the good time under-water (and thank you for the Leopard Shark ;) )

Visited February 2014
divelongbeach, Manager at Long Beach Divers, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you and have you join our trips so many times in your mini holiday-escape. I am glad you were rewarded with a beautiful leopard shark! Perhaps we will see you again for more adventures some time soon!

5 attraction reviews
“Go here to relax and enjoy your diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Strengths: big, clean and comfortable boat to relax on; excellent relaxed and friendly staff; lovely lunch; environmentally friendly lunch-no rubbish produced and vegetarian no problem for my wife; good, well cared for equipment; dive guides found us a few gems- school of squid, ghost pipe fish, school of juvenile barracuda, nudis etc and knew the sites very well; looked after our snorkeling friends very well; some nice small touches like cleaning our masks for us before the first dives to prevent fogging; happy to discuss and advise on all our other questions about phi phi (best restaurant, best place to snorkle with black tips etc); they took care of all the cleaning/carrying etc- guys on the boat very helpful too; no hard sell here, just a friendly, easy going but professional outfit-we highly recommend. Of particular note, we have been to phi phi a few times and had a few maverick guides with not much experience, these guys were calm, measured and so much better.

Areas for development: none-

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review - it was a pleasure to have you and your family on the boat (and good to learn more about the marine birds!). Our divemaster Matteo has keen ghost pipefish finding skills and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the variety of marine life Koh Phi Phi has to offer! It is also good to hear feedback on our avoidance of plastic packaging, we definitely believe it is the better choice for our dive trips to try and avoid extra waste where we can. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and we look forward to seeing you on Koh Phi Phi again one day!
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Friendly, fun and overall great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dived with these guys over christmas while in phi phi. We stayed on longbeach and took a wonder past the dive centre and stuck our heads in. Fiona automatically made us feel really welcome and explained about the dive centre and how things worked and we booked up to dive the following morning. The kit is really well maintained and the staff are brilliant and pretty much don't let you lift a finger (always nice whilst on holiday). The groups are really small and really thought out so you are diving with similar levels and they do pick dive sites that are not over run with divers which is also a plus. Dive boat is really big but not packed to the brim so loads of space and really relaxing. Am an instructor and have worked in a few dive centres but was really impressed with everything in this one (was tempted to jump ship and stay ha ha)! Good job guys x

Visited December 2013
divelongbeach, Manager at Long Beach Divers, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! It was really good fun to dive with you both (and your Christmas headgear!), and great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are lucky to have such a beautiful boat with lots of space for pre and post-dive relaxation, so I am glad you enjoyed the whole diving experience with Long Beach Divers and let us know if you fancy escaping the 9-5 for good!
Harrison, New Jersey
“Nice friendly dive shop on Phi Phi Long Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was staying in Long Beach in early December 2013, and prior to the trip, I contacted both dive shops located in Long Beach, Long Beach Divers being one of them. Only Long Beach Divers, Fiona in particular, answered my queries. In particular, I was traveling with two other friends who are not certified divers, so they planned to take discover scuba while I dive (I have 150+ dives). To make a long story short, the day before the dive, we dropped by the shop to do the paperwork, and in the afternoon, the two friends did classroom work and practice dives on the beach outside the shop (it was high tide) with Lucas, the dive instructor working for the shop. One of them had problems equalizing in the beginning, and Lucas was patient with her.

The following day was the dive day, and it was just going to be us. We took the big dive boat (spacious, especially with only three of us, Lucas, and the crew) to Phi Phi Ley. The drill was Lucas was going to hold my two friends underwater as I tag along with my camera. I'm a serious underwater photographer, however, the focus of this was for my friends to do the diving experience rather than myself taking beautiful pictures. First dive was at Phi Phi Ley Wall, the condition on the surface during entry was a little rough especially for beginners like my friends, visibility was OK, not very good but not too bad either, and there was some current going along the wall, but still manageable. We had surface interval just outside Maya Bay, and the second dive was at Maya Bay North. I enjoyed the second dive much better, visibility was better, and in my opinion, the coral scape and marine life also were more interesting than on the wall.

Unfortunately, my friends didn't quite enjoy the experience as much. They never got used to the idea of breathing through their mouths underwater. I can't blame Long Beach Divers for that, though, for some people, diving does take a while to get used to. In fact, I wouldn't mind going with Long Beach Divers again if I return to Phi Phi, and based on how they conducted discover scuba with my friends, I don't see any problems recommending beginners to them, although it might be better if they have access to a pool for the practice dives for beginners.

Visited December 2013
divelongbeach, Manager at Long Beach Divers, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review, it was lovely to meet you all and to help you introduce your friends to scuba diving. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us, even if your friends are not quite scuba converts yet! Our instructors work hard to make sure everyone can explore the underwater world, so it is good to hear that your group benefitted from the extra time we give to people who don't feel so confident underwater and were able to complete their dives.

Thank you for your comments about the shallow water practice, we are lucky to be able to use a confined area of the shallow water on the beach to give students a safe introduction to scuba diving before heading out into open water for the dives. In the future we hope to have access to a pool, once renovations in the adjoining resort are completed, which will give us more flexibility to complete exercises without depending on the tide.

We would love to welcome you back to Koh Phi Phi in the future, and show you more of the beautiful things it has to offer underwater photographers like yourself!
Brighton
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely location, lovely people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Way before I got to Phi Phi I was in frequent email correspondence with Fi and when I arrived the friendly, chatty, helpful lady that I had imagined popped into life. Along with her partner Jean-Yves they run a great, hugely friendly dive shop / school.They are a far cry from the almost predatory dive shop reps that you find in nearby Tonsai.

The dives are well organised, safe, informative and ultimately memorable. I did two dives with four others plus Jean Yves and Fi from their dive boat and a further day with Jean Yves on our own from a Longtail. Both days were great. They know the area like the backs of their hands so you are guaranteed of a succesful dive without bumping into hordes or other divers - Phi Phi diving is popular to say the least so the fact that I didn't see another dive school during four hours underwater is worth a mention in itself.

Overall - its friendly, professional, relaxed, informal and safe. Great fun - I would very much recommend that you dive here - we were staying on Long Beach but it would definitely be worth the walk / longtail from Tonsai to hook up with them.

Visited November 2013
divelongbeach, Manager at Long Beach Divers, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review - it was lovely to meet you both! Avoiding the dive crowds is really important to us, as we too would much rather see the marine life than clouds of other people's bubbles! Although we weren't exactly blessed with the best weather for your visit, I am glad you enjoyed your dives with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Long Beach Divers again in the future!