“Great basic beach house!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dee Dee Beach House

You added Dee Dee Beach House to your Saves list
Dee Dee Beach House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Moo 7 Koh Phi Phi Aonang Muang Krabi, Ao Lo Dalam, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great basic beach house!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We moved here from another hotel in Phi Phi and stayed for two nights.

The girl on reception is very friendly and helpful, when we arrived she let us check in early (we went to see her the day before and paid a deposit to reserve the room).

The room is basic, A/C, wifi and safe. They lovely thing about this guesthouse is the communal area, there are lots of little bungalows the each face into the garden area which has plenty of outdoor seating and shade from the midday sun and even a friendly cat! The drinks are cheap here too!

The location is right on the beach front, there is a bucket of water outside each balcony to wash your feet, but we still found the rooms got a bit sandy. You have to ask for the rooms to be cleaned which I would say is the only downfall to this place. I think because of the sand and the bin for toilet paper it could do with cleaning every day regardless?

If you walk along the beach at night there are lots of bars playing loud music and doing fire shows etc, but we stayed in C1 and found that although there was a dull sound of music it wasn't enough to keep me awake and I had no problem sleeping!

The only other thing I would mention is there isn't much storage space for clothes, but fine for a couple of nights stay! It's a great place and I would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My review is similar to the ones previous: nice little place, but it's on the party beach so there was the background noise of pumping music. I was able to sleep through it but it wasn't the ideal beach quiet place. That was my own fault for 'taking a chance' and really the place itself was quite lovely and as relaxing as it can be given its location. There's no breakfast but there's a safe and decent wifi. The shower was a problem as it was just a trickle and the soap provided smelled funky to me. The first night we enjoyed the beach nightlife but it's basically the same thing every night so once I saw it once I was pretty much over it. Then again, i'm 30 and most of the beach-goers around there were in their early 20s. It kinda felt like mum and dad left the kids at home for the weekend. Not that there's anything wrong with it as it was entertaining. That is more about the beach location. The good thing about the location is plenty of shops and bars and restaurants. If you want a quiet and relaxing beach vacation, this ain't the place. The beach area was okay but it was too warm/still/shallow for my liking. There wasn't much of a current or waves to keep the water cool, it felt like pond water and due to the party atmosphere there were plenty of bottles on the beach. I can't help but wonder where my 20 baht 'keep phi phi clean' goes?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Billingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before going onto the next part of our trip. It was not easy to find but the locals kindly pointed us in the right direction. It is located right on the beach with amazing views of the bay ( by night this beach turns into an all night party, just go with the flow) The rooms are simply furnished but neat and clean with air conditioning. The outside spaces are charming with shady places to sit in the gardens. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is cheap and cheerful and I would stay here again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at Dee Dee.

As other reviewers mentioned the rooms are indeed basic, but it's all you need. Especially because some other hotels either rip you off or aren't located in the main part where all the action is (unless that's what you're after). You get air con and a fridge and you can buy cheap drinks at reception.

We didn't find the noise from the beach bars annoying but if you're a light sleeper and plan to be in bed before 3am it might disturb you.

The water is tidal which can prohibit a cooling off, my assumption is it's different depending on the moon so it's hard for me to comment or judge what it would be like at other times.

The staff were super nice and I would definitely go back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in November with my partner.

I absolutely loved Koh Phi Phi- my favorite place in Thailand!

Dee Dee's is great. Just what you need whilst in Phi Phi. The rooms were extremely basic but I knew they would be. The owner made sure they were well cleaned which was my main priority.

Every morning we were left with 2 bottles of water and a fresh bowl of water to wash our feet, which was great as being located on the beach near enough!

The location was fab-far enough away to not hear much noise but a 2 min walk to all the action!

My only slight negative would be that there was no one to help with our luggage to and from the ferry pier. Trying to find the accommodation in the heat of the day whilst lugging around a suitcase was not my idea of fun!

Also just at the back of the hotel towards the beach, there is a massage hut that gives discounts to guests staying at Dee Dee's. Was great and amazing prices!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A friend and I stayed two nights in Feb '14. All in all, it did the job and afforded us a place to stay that was (a) relatively cheap and (b) in the thick of things.

Let's start with the perks:
*The common area around the rooms is really nice. There is a lot of lush vegetation, some tables and chairs, and some hammocks for relaxing.
* A few feet from your room is a veranda overlooking the bay where you could get a beach side massage. Careful, though, if wearing a bikini, you likely will get "coppertoned" ;)
* The young lady working in the front desk is very friendly and accomodating.
* The two free bottled waters every day was a nice touch.
* You are right on the beach, but far enough to the side that the techno "uns uns uns" does not completely prohibit you from sleeping.

Now, there are a few drawbacks, but most of them have to do with the island itself:
* Every night is Saturday night on Koh Phi Phi. Expect neon, kerosene, and the European equivalent of the frat boy. It's got a backpacker vibe, so it is not a place I'd recommend for some good ol' fashioned R&R or family time.
* Koh Phi Phi is just dirty. And smelly. And has HORRIFIC plumbing. Expect a "funk" to come from the pipes of your bathroom.
* The room is spartan and has only the essentials. There's a price list of how much it will cost you if you damage each item in the room (proves the party reputation of the island itself). If you're used to extras, don't expect it here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was a nice little guesthouse- you get what you pay for. The young lady at the reception was especially nice and friendly. It's right on the beach so it's great location to the beach bars. Unfortunately while we were there (and this probably had something to do with the full moon), the tide was sooo low during the day, that the beach was practically non-existant. Something to keep in mind if you pick this place for the beach. However there are other nice beaches on Phi Phi (e.g. Long Beach) so this wasn't a major issue for us. 2 fresh bottles of water in the morning waiting for us were a nice touch. if coming from the Pier with heavy luggage (as we did), the location is a little bit out of the way, but otherwise good location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dee Dee Beach House? Share your experiences!