“Perfect location on Phi Phi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dee Dee Beach House

You added Dee Dee Beach House to your Saves list
Dee Dee Beach House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Moo 7 Koh Phi Phi Aonang Muang Krabi, Ao Lo Dalam, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect location on Phi Phi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Best location right on the beach and also 2 minute walk to row of amazing beach bars that have fire shows each night. A lot of other accommodation are so close to bars that the noise would keep you up, so Dee Dees was perfect.
The room had air-con, a fridge and had free wifi so had everything i needed. You can also get a massage on a mattress right on the beach so you can hear the water while being massaged which i loved

Room Tip: The beds are a bit hard
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Loved Dee Dee BeachHouse. I stayed two nights and really appreciated the location - at the end of the beach so there wasn't too much noise but you could still easily and quickly get to where you needed! Staff were lovely, I was definitely thankful for the frozen bottle of water waiting for me upon check in! Lots of cats about too which I liked. The beach being so, so close was amazing. Also useful to be able to check out late!! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Wirral, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked 1 night here and then ended up booking an extra 2 nights, the location was perfect for us as we wanted to party! It is a one minute walk to all the beach bars and a two minute walk into the town. Although dee dee is so close to all the bars, it is situated right at the end of the beach so you can hardly hear any music. We did not have any trouble sleeping.

The rooms are very basic just a bed and bathroom but they were clean. For £20 a night for 2 people we wouldn't have expected anything more. And the staff are just lovely. There is a shop just at the back of the hotel for beer, snacks etc which was handy. The ONLY negative was that the drains sometimes smelt really bad.

Overall we would definitely recommend this place!!

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great little guesthouse just at the party beach. (However you won't be bothered by the sound since it's on the end of the beach, short walk from the nearest bar)

Very friendly staff and the owner will do everything to make your stay enjoyable.
I stayed in a AC room for 2 weeks, good size and very clean.
The guesthouse offers free wifi and they have a little minimarket with great prices.
Hard to find a place with better value on phi phi.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Sometimes, everything about a place you stay is perfect and Dee Dee Beach house is such a place. I can tell you from my experience that there is nothing I can criticize about this place. It is such a simple place to stay but the experience is unforgettable.

The rooms were small but perfect. We got the room closest to the beach with a beach view so we were happy. Even though you get a room inside the entire hotel is on the beach, so dont worry about the view. The beach is practically 5 steps from the hotel. For the price we paid, this was totally worth the money.

The lady I must mention who manages this place is amazing. She practically helps you for everything. She tries to accommodate all your requests and always has a smiling face. This is the reason why everyone praises her in the reviews. I asked her for several things and without any issues, she provided me all of them.

The only thing this hotel lacks is a restaurant. But they are planning to make one soon and hopefully complimentary breakfast will also follow. As of now, free coffee and tea are always available and also she provides complimentary bottle of water everyday.

If I ever return to Phi Phi or if my friends go, this is the only place I would recommend or visit. This place is a small paradise in Phi Phi and a must visit for everyone who goes there.

I wish I had stayed longer in this place. Thank you Dee for the awesome time we had!

Room Tip: Without a doubt, book this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Chose this one, after reading the reviews and turned out to be the best choice.
Not far from all the bars and night fun, but enough to allow you falling asleep earlier than midnight, if needed...
Reception lady always willing to explain and help.
Rooms are basic and clean.
Free coffee or tea available at all time and a shop with drinks and chips/sweets just next to it.
Nice little patio in front of each and a garden with hammocs and flowers right in the middle.
Special prices for being a guest at dee dee for the massage next door - highly recommending the aloe vera one.
Sound of waves available at high tide and wonderful view on the small gulf.
Two cats included :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was on Phi Phi for 10 days, and I stayed at 4 different places throughout my trip. Dee Dee Beach House was my favorite, and I really think it's the best deal on the island. Let me take you through my journey to finding the perfect place to stay....

First place I stayed: PP Insula Hotel
I paid about 900 Baht a night here. This is a perfectly nice hotel room, AC, TV, nice bed, no view. However, there wasn't much character since it is new, and it is situated right by the local market in the middle of town which didn't make for a very relaxing atmosphere. The room itself is nice though.

Second, I went to Don Chukit resort.
Here was quite an upgrade, I paid 2400 Baht per night. It was a standalone bungalow facing the bay with a little patio area with chairs in front. Sounds nice, right? Well when I booked I was so excited to get out of the town, and was so mesmerized by the view that I neglected to notice:
1. The Durian seller right in front of my patio. I like Durian. But do I want to be accosted by the smell all day long? The answer is no, I do not.
2. There were mounds of trash and construction waste piled up all around the buildings. Again, not the soothing room I was looking for.
Also, the people at reception are rude and not helpful.

Third place: Phi Phi ViewPoint
This was the most expensive place of all, at a whopping 3000 baht per night. I finally made my way up to Loh Dalum Bay, and discovered how much more I loved that side of the island. Yes, it is the "party" side, but it is also MUCH more beautiful. Also, I enjoy a bit of party now and again. During the day, this is where you can actually lay out and enjoy the water.

I was so happy to get away from Don Chukit that I plunked down my cash without thinking. Of course, this place had AC, very comfortable bed, and nice furnishings. The best part was the balcony with a full on view of the bay.

This place was nice, but very expensive.

Finally, Dee Dee Beach House. Where have you been all my trip??? I finally discovered Dee Dee when I met a cute guy who was staying here. When he left, I swooped in and took over his room. First of all, this place is only 900 baht. For that price, you get your own bungalow with a nice little patio furnished with a table and chairs overlooking the beautiful garden. (I will get to the garden later). The place itself is situated right on the beach at the end of Loh Dalum Bay. Close enough to stumble home after a few beers, far enough away that the music is quite dampened.

The bungalow itself is quite basic, but fulfills all my needs: AC, decent bed, private warm water shower, no bugs. What else do you need on this island?

The garden is one of the best parts of this place- it is gorgeous, well maintained with a couple hammocks scattered about. Wonderful for relaxing in. There is a resident cat that prowls around, cute as can be. The garden is gated off at night which helps keep people from randomly stumbling into it, and I felt very safe as a female traveling alone. Once you step out of the garden you are on the beach with an amazing view. I think being set inside the garden really keeps the late night noise to a minimum. In fact, my expensive ocean view bungalow was MUCH louder because it was directly facing the party.

The staff here is the best part- Dee Dee is run by the nicest woman. On the day I checked out, I still had a couple hours to go until my ferry, and she let me charge my iPad in her office while I did last minute shopping. When I finally made it onto the ferry, I realized I had left my iPad in her office! As a nice local was helping me to call them to see if they had it, I see a guy running down to the ferry carrying my iPad! She had seen it, and sent him running there after me. Of course I gave him a big tip and promised myself I would write them a magnificent review. Amazing honesty and service.

Not only was this my favorite place to stay in, I think the price was very reasonable at $30 usd per night, considering the location, beauty of the garden, and the decent rooms. I paid $100 usd per night at Phi Phi Viewpoint, and the room wasn't THAT much better.

PS. Some of the pictures posted are outdated. The bungalows no longer have the woven walls- rather they are all actual buildings.
PPS. They don't clean the rooms while you are staying there. This didn't bother me since I prefer NOT to have to put everything away every day, but it might bother some people. I'm sure if you put trash outside, they will take it away for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dee Dee Beach House? Share your experiences!