“Best place to stay in Phi Phi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dee Dee Beach House

You added Dee Dee Beach House to your Saves list
Dee Dee Beach House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Moo 7 Koh Phi Phi Aonang Muang Krabi, Ao Lo Dalam, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Best place to stay in Phi Phi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Sometimes, everything about a place you stay is perfect and Dee Dee Beach house is such a place. I can tell you from my experience that there is nothing I can criticize about this place. It is such a simple place to stay but the experience is unforgettable.

The rooms were small but perfect. We got the room closest to the beach with a beach view so we were happy. Even though you get a room inside the entire hotel is on the beach, so dont worry about the view. The beach is practically 5 steps from the hotel. For the price we paid, this was totally worth the money.

The lady I must mention who manages this place is amazing. She practically helps you for everything. She tries to accommodate all your requests and always has a smiling face. This is the reason why everyone praises her in the reviews. I asked her for several things and without any issues, she provided me all of them.

The only thing this hotel lacks is a restaurant. But they are planning to make one soon and hopefully complimentary breakfast will also follow. As of now, free coffee and tea are always available and also she provides complimentary bottle of water everyday.

If I ever return to Phi Phi or if my friends go, this is the only place I would recommend or visit. This place is a small paradise in Phi Phi and a must visit for everyone who goes there.

I wish I had stayed longer in this place. Thank you Dee for the awesome time we had!

Room Tip: Without a doubt, book this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Chose this one, after reading the reviews and turned out to be the best choice.
Not far from all the bars and night fun, but enough to allow you falling asleep earlier than midnight, if needed...
Reception lady always willing to explain and help.
Rooms are basic and clean.
Free coffee or tea available at all time and a shop with drinks and chips/sweets just next to it.
Nice little patio in front of each and a garden with hammocs and flowers right in the middle.
Special prices for being a guest at dee dee for the massage next door - highly recommending the aloe vera one.
Sound of waves available at high tide and wonderful view on the small gulf.
Two cats included :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was on Phi Phi for 10 days, and I stayed at 4 different places throughout my trip. Dee Dee Beach House was my favorite, and I really think it's the best deal on the island. Let me take you through my journey to finding the perfect place to stay....

First place I stayed: PP Insula Hotel
I paid about 900 Baht a night here. This is a perfectly nice hotel room, AC, TV, nice bed, no view. However, there wasn't much character since it is new, and it is situated right by the local market in the middle of town which didn't make for a very relaxing atmosphere. The room itself is nice though.

Second, I went to Don Chukit resort.
Here was quite an upgrade, I paid 2400 Baht per night. It was a standalone bungalow facing the bay with a little patio area with chairs in front. Sounds nice, right? Well when I booked I was so excited to get out of the town, and was so mesmerized by the view that I neglected to notice:
1. The Durian seller right in front of my patio. I like Durian. But do I want to be accosted by the smell all day long? The answer is no, I do not.
2. There were mounds of trash and construction waste piled up all around the buildings. Again, not the soothing room I was looking for.
Also, the people at reception are rude and not helpful.

Third place: Phi Phi ViewPoint
This was the most expensive place of all, at a whopping 3000 baht per night. I finally made my way up to Loh Dalum Bay, and discovered how much more I loved that side of the island. Yes, it is the "party" side, but it is also MUCH more beautiful. Also, I enjoy a bit of party now and again. During the day, this is where you can actually lay out and enjoy the water.

I was so happy to get away from Don Chukit that I plunked down my cash without thinking. Of course, this place had AC, very comfortable bed, and nice furnishings. The best part was the balcony with a full on view of the bay.

This place was nice, but very expensive.

Finally, Dee Dee Beach House. Where have you been all my trip??? I finally discovered Dee Dee when I met a cute guy who was staying here. When he left, I swooped in and took over his room. First of all, this place is only 900 baht. For that price, you get your own bungalow with a nice little patio furnished with a table and chairs overlooking the beautiful garden. (I will get to the garden later). The place itself is situated right on the beach at the end of Loh Dalum Bay. Close enough to stumble home after a few beers, far enough away that the music is quite dampened.

The bungalow itself is quite basic, but fulfills all my needs: AC, decent bed, private warm water shower, no bugs. What else do you need on this island?

The garden is one of the best parts of this place- it is gorgeous, well maintained with a couple hammocks scattered about. Wonderful for relaxing in. There is a resident cat that prowls around, cute as can be. The garden is gated off at night which helps keep people from randomly stumbling into it, and I felt very safe as a female traveling alone. Once you step out of the garden you are on the beach with an amazing view. I think being set inside the garden really keeps the late night noise to a minimum. In fact, my expensive ocean view bungalow was MUCH louder because it was directly facing the party.

The staff here is the best part- Dee Dee is run by the nicest woman. On the day I checked out, I still had a couple hours to go until my ferry, and she let me charge my iPad in her office while I did last minute shopping. When I finally made it onto the ferry, I realized I had left my iPad in her office! As a nice local was helping me to call them to see if they had it, I see a guy running down to the ferry carrying my iPad! She had seen it, and sent him running there after me. Of course I gave him a big tip and promised myself I would write them a magnificent review. Amazing honesty and service.

Not only was this my favorite place to stay in, I think the price was very reasonable at $30 usd per night, considering the location, beauty of the garden, and the decent rooms. I paid $100 usd per night at Phi Phi Viewpoint, and the room wasn't THAT much better.

PS. Some of the pictures posted are outdated. The bungalows no longer have the woven walls- rather they are all actual buildings.
PPS. They don't clean the rooms while you are staying there. This didn't bother me since I prefer NOT to have to put everything away every day, but it might bother some people. I'm sure if you put trash outside, they will take it away for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rooms are very basic but that doesn't matter for where you are sleeping! You are literally on the beach within the trees and the beds are comfy. Staff are more than happy to help and you only need to ask if you want your room cleaned. We originally booked 3 nights here and then stayed for another 2! Perfect location on the end of the popular beach just far enough to not here it too much but close enough to get involved xx

Stayed October 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped here after reading all the good reviews on trip advisor but was let down when we arrived.

Positives
The location is good (right in the far corner of the main party beach) and from the outside the place looked good.
The room itself had a nice comfy bed.
Friendly Staff

Negatives
Smelt of damp and when the shower was turned on the blocked drain began to stink of egg. This mixed with the smell of unemptied bins after 3 days was almost unbearable.
Poor wifi.
Expensive for what you pay for (paid £75 for 3 nights so expected a lot more for that price.)

Room Tip: Shop around of a better priced place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights in the great guesthouse on the water. They have room starting at 250Baht per night for dorm rooms. My passport was stolen while I was at a bar on the isalnd. The family who runs the guesthouse offered me free coffee and let me use the computer to cancel my cards! They are very nice and it is a clean place! Great location to meet people too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

So in plan language, Phi Phi Island has two main bays around which there are loads of accommodations, restaurants, shops, tourist booking booths, etc. There are other more remote resorts or accommodations on the island but if you are only staying a couple of days or want to be in the thick of things you need to stay around Ton Sai Bay or Loh Dalum Bay which is the centre and where the ferry leaves you. Don't be put off by reviews that go on about noise and partying. It really isn't that bad!

Dee Dees was actually perfect. It took a bit of a walk to find it but with a map and a bit of preplanning I was good. It is located at the end of Loh Dalum Bay which is considered the "party beach". Frankly, it just made it easier to find my room at the end of the night. The location is actually quite secluded and surrounded by a beautiful garden. It is located right on the beach but far enough to the end to be just that wee bit remote. I was never bothered by music or noise.

The room itself was basic but comfortable and had my four must haves: working air conditioning, a comfortable bed, a hot shower, and quiet. It seems a bit sparse and utilitarian at first but for the price and location I have to say it was great!

The only annoyance while I was there was the construction that was happening but since they are still rebuilding since the 2004 Tsunami I took it in stride.

Staff respected the privacy of tenants but were kindly helpful when needed. Complimentary water, tea in the morning, and drying my clothes when I got soaked in torrential downpours!

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dee Dee Beach House? Share your experiences!