We spent our honeymoon in this wonderful resort last October.
The stay was perfect. We were greeted by the hotel management upon arrival and taken care of until our luggage was dispatched to the rooms.
Throughout the stay, the staff and management is doing its best to care for your every need!! We were very appreciative and grateful.
We stayed at the more recent coral wing. The room was modern, spacious, properly maintained, comfortable with enough power sockets, mini-fridge, flat screen TV with HDMI cable that you can connect to a tablet (we did), indoor and outdoor showers (we didn't like the indoor shower, so used the one outside, which was fun).
The beach is amazing. There's an area just in front of the coral wing here you can snorkel and see some nice fish. A lot of fun sitting quietly with a book below the trees or in the sun. There's also food service from the restaurant to the beach, so that's fun, too.
I bought a 3G prepaid card in Phuket airport, so we didn't use the hotel's Internet, but if you do the same, take AIS. We had relatively poor coverage in the hotel area with a DTAC card.
We used the services of the excellent dive center in the hotel for dive trips to nearby islands and enjoyed a wonderful dive with sharks.
The food in the hotel was excellent. I recommend eating breakfast in the main dining room, as the selection is significantly more impressive than in the Coral wing mini restaurant. There are also nice restaurants in nearby hotels, so it's worth walking along the beach to the next hotel, where they serve a reasonably priced sea-food platter. Don't go to the restaurant at the end of the beach. It looks attractive with all the lights, but people we met told us horrible stories about indigestion problems after eating there.
Not too much to do for young couples in terms of partying, but for a quiet honeymoon, it's perfect.
Ferry recommendations: If possible, take the morning ferry out of Phuket to Phi Phi and return with the same one in the afternoon on your departure date. It has a very cheap ($10 supplement per person) VIP area and even in the regular area, it's less crowded than the other ferry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Watersports activities, including snorkelling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn