Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island - 19-12.2.2013 - room 501
No information on arrival, unnecessary waiting in the heat at the reception and restaurant referred to for check-in. Welcome drink (fruit juice) carelessly deposited on another table, self service. Desk reference to "sport" to find your room .... there is no one, then an employee unfriendly vaguely indicating where is the room, 300 meters away.
Nice room on the beach, but poor maintenance of bathroom (taps corroded by the salt) and electrical installations, alarm-clock not set and programmed with unwanted alarm, terrace and outdoor shower dirty unkempt, no beach towels (nor next to the pool, but only to the pool entrance, back to square one.)
Empty minibar welcomes you at your room with a card which takes you to an overpriced hotel shop.
Unique restaurant for lunch, beautifully installed under a large tree with catastrophically slow service, kind of apprentices dishes overcooked and tasteless
(Cheese on bruschetta with 35 degrees in the shade, not a drop of sauce in Caesar
salad etc ...)
Chinese breakfast, both the guests that the food choices in the annex near the room, not listed in the information booklet in the room.
(Fat pastries, sausage quantities ...)
Welcome and competence of the nurse in the hotel, you will lead your ears for $ 10.
Beautiful "Sunset bar", unfortunately invaded by noisy Peking families, who bring their own drinks ...
Management invisible, except perhaps accidentally cross perched on a bicycle ....
Wifi is unusable in the room, the signal is too weak. (Ditto for mobiles)
In conclusion, if you want good food, go to the hotel next door ...... ( name )….(expensive but good and well served, good wine, romantic ....) unfortunately with no beach view rooms, lost in a maze of greenery.
And if you want a good hotel according to European standards ..... avoid Phi Phi and choose The Racha, Racha Island, false 5 star but good 4 stars for the same price as the Holiday Inn Phi Phi.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Watersports activities, including snorkelling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.