We stayed in the neighbouring Pho Phi Village Resort for six nights before coming here.... what a disappointment. Not even sure where to start. The rooms are decorated with... nothing. The mattress is so bad that you literally feel like you are sleeping in a hammock. Just awful, I am extensive traveller and this one gets the price for the worst bed I have ever had in a hotel. TV programs cater for asian clients only. The minibar is empty bar two small bottles of water. The deco is nonexistant. Just a room without any love or style whatsoever. The bathroom is plain awful, it is tiny, smelly and in bad shape. When you leave the room, the aircon shuts down, which means when you return you will enter an oven. It will take 15 minutes at least for the room to cool down, you can spend that time standing on your front deck getting eaten by mosquitoes, because quite fortunately the bungalow is built right into a swamp.
Next was the food: YUCK ! They announced a special fisherman's buffet night and we thought that might be good..... we were wrong. For a very pricey 700 Baht, you get bland, lukewarm food and most of it is not even seafood. Breakfast was better but still pretty average for the 400 Baht they charge for it.
The pool is old and neglected, not a nice sight at all. CHeap tiles, awkwards colours and very few sunbeds.
Internet access by wireless is not free but costs a significant amount of money... also not a nice gesture.
The beach is quite nice in some stretches, but there is hell of a lot of rubbish on the beach which is never cleaned up because it is located on the stretch of beach which belongs to the Sea Gypsy Village. What a disgrace that is, just rubbish everywhere, it stinks, it smells, there are dead fish and half cut chickens and all kinds of disgusting rubbish, and nobody will every clean it up. So the romantic stroll along the beach means coming from a nice beach to an absolute dump. What a shame !
The only highlight was the teammember Mr. Beow who we have to recommend highly for being extremely friendly, polite and professional. I think he sensed our dsiappointment and tried his best to give us some quality treatment. Thanks Beow, it did not go unnoticed.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Watersports activities, including snorkelling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.