“DWS and 3 in 1” 5 of 5 stars

+66 75 601 370
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ibex we offer a fun and exciting rock climbing experience. No experience is required! Our introductory climbing classes are designed for beginners and intermediate climbers who want to learn new skills in a safe yet challenging environment.Our experienced guides are there to help and advise you each step of the way, to your own abilities and strengths.For the most amazing view of Phi Phi Island from high above, we climb Tonsei Tower.
“DWS and 3 in 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We wanted to book the deep water solo but as the tides wouldn't be high enough until the following morning we decided to give the 3 in 1 tour a go. As this was a spare of the moment thing we didn't really check the itinerary other than a brief sales pitch. All I can say is thoughout the trip I kept on thinking "all this for 650!". It just kept on going. We did loads of stuff and Jimmy, the guide was good fun. The cliff jump was the highlight although there was only time for 1 jump. I'd have happily binned seeing the sunset for another go. After sunset we had to wait around on monkey beach for a while which was cold and not much to do as the monkeys weren't there. It was well worth the wait to see the plankton. I read other review when I got back and it seems like they listened to comments as it was in deep water with snorkels.

DWS was what we came for and it didn'tdissapoint. The first climb was a lot higher than I expected and scarred the out of me! A really easy ladder that was more of a cliff jump than challenging climb. Awesome fun but not really what we came for. I asked the guide for tougher climbs and he was able to point out increasingly difficult problems until my ability ran out. We all got pumped towards the end so the guide took us snorkelling. We'd done it the day before but this spot was a lot deeper and much better. On the way back home the guide noticed monkeys on the beach so without saying anything we quickly changed course so we could have 5 mins taking pictures. A nice touch as we'd missed it the day before.

Thanks for making our trip to phi phi!

Rob and Olga

Visited August 2013

Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Best thing i have ever done in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After I got a taste of rock climbing on Railay beach me and my boyfriend wanted to do deep water soloing. it is the best thing I have ever done in my life I was terrified at first but once you get that first jump you have great feeling and you sought of don't want to stop they took us to the beautiful island koh Phi Leh , Artr(who is a really cool guy) our guide bought along lunch and water for and gave me pointers for climbing

Visited August 2013
Utah, US
“SICK CLIMBING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I went out all day deep water soloing on a long boat with our guides, Kenny and boat driver Tong.

(I HIGHLY recommend them for any real climbers)

We were out all day, and they brought us lunch, snacks, and a lot of water. Kenny is a sick climber, and climbed and instructed us all day long. Two of the nicest, and chillest people we met in Thailand, they made our experience a life changing one. Kenny also served as a sick photographer/videographer/narrator all day, and Tong the boat captain chilled and kept the boat literally perfectly placed the entire time, which if you will see is highly impressive.

Honestly I've seen some bad reviews on here from novice climbers and none of that was true to our experience.

I highly recommend reserving Kenny and Tong for an all day deep water solo excursion, and you have to tell Kenny and Tong that their good friends "peuang di Alec and Dyl" sent you, they will take you to the best spots all around Don, Ley, and the two baby islands, and you will have the best of times.

3 attraction reviews
“Friendly, accommodating staff went out of their way to help us have a cool adventure (deep water soloing)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had been sick the past couple of days so we didn't book anything in advance just in case we still didn't feel well. We went to their shop the day before we had to leave the island to see if we could book a deep water solo trip. They were completely booked, but they took pity on us and rented another long tail boat just to take the two of us out. Our guide, Art, was very helpful and laid back. We did some awesome climbing, snorkeling, and he even brought chicken burgers and pineapple for us to eat! Great experience!

Krakow, Poland
3 attraction reviews
“Deep water soloing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ibex was the first of two climbing shops we found that day and the only one that wanted to provide a DWS trip, so we signed in.

Very laidback Thai crew, they let us dig around the equipment to find the right shoes, after maybe 5 minutes they came back with more info: the rocks are going to be very sharp, take well-maintained shoes with a good rubber on.

this could have been said before.

Then the other participants appeared and we were taken to the boat area, where we have been waiting for maybe 10 minutes and the trip begun.

Very nice, very friendly guide has personally wrapped our fingers in tape so we don't get cut, but did not check anything else, like if we are novice or experienced etc. Later he said he was told that we are all experienced (I do not know what was that assumption based on)

Spot no.1
Excellent, stylsh, but very frightening for the first-timers.

Spot no.2
Very pleasant and quite a big selection of routes, safe.

Spot no.3
Mostly overhangs with some technical difficulty. To finish the routes, I had to risk cutting my palms, which actually happened, but it was my choice.

Overall:
Incredible experience with a very nice guide. Maybe a bit costly, but I understand everyone needs to make some cash.

Additional info:
Typical food - fried rice with chicken/veggies or a burger + as much water as you can drink
Lifejackets were very handy especially to sit on them in the water and watch others climb while chilling out

Generally I would say a good time and I recommend to all adventurers, especially those with rock climbing experience