“Good, safe, clean place for young ppl” 5 of 5 stars

Orange Tree Phi Phi Island
125 / 85 Moo7, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000 , Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 50 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good, safe, clean place for young ppl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very clean and safe place. The host couple did everyhting they could to help us with absolutely everything. Clean towels everyday pls 2 bottles water complimentary. Good TV channels and a fridge. Room 3 is the best room, designwise.

it is placed in the mid of Tonsai Village so you can hear the biggest club from the room. So make sure to stay out until 2, when everythign quiets down.
I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room nr 3 is the best one, when it comes to design of bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

- it is in the middle of the action,walking distance from the pier, close to the beach but if you can choose go to another beach, they have parties during the night on that beach so imagine what is in the water
-the owners are working at this guest house, very nice people, they can help you with anything, trip to the other island, it was even cheaper than booking at the pier, washing your staff, any advice i am sure that they will help you
- it is small and basic, they have i think 5 rooms.the rooms are clean, with tv, internet, ac, in room safe, hot water but small and with no window.
- l checked for hours for a hotel/ guest house and this was the best i could find for the price
-the french restaurant in front of the guest house it was my favorite from the entire trip of 18, days(good breakfast, lunch and dinner)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Extremely disappointing. The owners (husband and wife) seemed very nice when we arrived and were quite helpful with the laundry service and that. The room however was very small, no windows except for a small one in the bathroom, so with that door closed there was no light in the room. Lots of ants. Airconditioning was fine. Noise from the bars outside was very loud and went on throughout the night. My friend had put some jewellery in the safe on our first day there which we kept locked throughout our stay. On the morning we were leaving the items were gone. We both searched the safe and the room thoroughly but could not find them. When we were checking out we mentioned it to the owners who said they found nothing and had no idea about it. We were about half way to the pier when he came up behind us on a bicycle with the items in his hand and said he had found them in the safe under the mat. Not true. We had both checked the safe thoroughly - including under the mat. We were very glad to have the items back but if we had not mentioned it I am sure my friend would not have seen them again. In conclusion, the room conditions were sub-par and the owners are deceitful. Don't stay here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Basically, we arrived in November 2011 and already had accomodation booked for 1000 baht for the night at the hostel at the end of the alley where Orange Tree is situated. But it was horrible and smelt SO bad. The air conditioning unit leaked onto the light switch and there was this awful smell from the bathroom that made me gag A LOT. I've never smelt anything worse in my life. You could smell it from OUTSIDE the room too, it was that potent.

So, I got up early and went literally next door to Orange Tree and was shown the first room in on the right. It was lovely. Very small compared to the previous place, but it was SO clean, the bed was big, and the tv was MASSIVE. Despite the room being very small (only room for the bed really and to walk around 2 sides of it) it was so much better than anything we'd seen online or the hostel we stayed at the night before. Because we were right by the street there was a bit of noise, but you have to expect that in such a lively environment. So that didn't bother us at all.

The price - the man offered me the room for 900 baht, which was cheaper than next door and for the quality i was very suprised. Because I wanted to stay for more than one night, without me even asking, he knocked it down to 800 baht per night for each night i wanted to stay.

They couple at reception were so accomodating and were desperate to get in the rooms to give us a fresh towel each day! I was very ill wtih food poisining on one of the days and they seemed genuinely worried and caring. For some reason, one day when we came back from the beach, the cleaning lady was cleaning my boyfriend's flipflops because they were sandy which was very lovely of her!

I would recommend this place to anyone to stay. It made us completely forget our horrible first night in the hostel next door! If you want a big room, this is not the place, but if you like cleanliness and good service then it definitely is! By far one of the best places we stayed in all our travels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Negatives
The room is small, there were ants in our bed, there was a cockroach in our shower, there is alot of noise that continues well into the night, the water that came out of the shower was yellow, the staff were rude and imitated my accent when they thought i wasn't listening.

Positives
Location

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed at Orange Tree in Feb 2012. Rooms are basic but include everything you need. Sometimes a little noisy but you'll find that with most places on Phi Phi unless you are way up the hill. What I really liked about this place is that it's small enough to be a Mummy + Daddy operation. Run by a married Thai couple who moved out from Bangkok to start the business I felt my belongings were safe in my room. I didn't have to worry about staff members rummaging through my stuff and this was of utmost importance. If you're ok with basic accommodation at the right price then look no further.! This place is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their more quiet rooms if you can get one.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bankgkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed couple nights. The Orange Tree room is small but comfortable and very clean. The couple are very friendly and helpful. At night a bit noise but not a problem.
We will come back here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Orange Tree Phi Phi Island? Share your experiences!