“Not the best place..” 3 of 5 stars

Moo. 7 T. Aonang A. Muang, Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand   |
Claviere, Italy
“Not the best place..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were very early on in our trip when we stayed here, we didn't know what the standard of other 'hostels' would be like. We had two 2 bed rooms. They were very basic. Luckily I had my own sheets so the cleanliness wasn't a problem.

We did feel safe leaving our valuables here and the staff were all brilliant. It is right in the center of the island so you do get a bit of noise from the bars until about 4am...

We stayed here for only 2 nights and did get a bargain but we moved around the island to find nicer accommodation which does exist for a similar price!

Room Tip: The buildings are quieter than the bungalows.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went on holiday with 4 other uni friends (all girls) and when we got to Koh Phi Phi we decided to stay here as 2 of the others had previously done so on another visit. The dorm slept about 40 and it was not clean or private. We were silly to stay here but we thought it was only going to be for 2 nights. We ended up staying for 5 days for other reasons and during this time, items such as phones were stolen from beneath our pillows as we slept. My friend saw the man who took her phone but was too terrified to say anything or move. The next day we identified the man who took it as a local tattoo guy who was not only staying one of the bungalows but also friends with the people who worked at Flower Bungalows. They were all in on it as my friend and I ended up having a heated discussion (after we reported to them the phone had been stolen) about the phone and electronics and how the Thai people assume it is so easy for us to get hold of iPhones etc so therefore they can steal them because we can 'easily' get a replacement. They hold no value for our things. They all pretty much admitted it but when we tried to go to the police (who work hand in hand with Thai mafia) they shrugged it off. On our last morning I woke up at 6am to rustling noises. I opened my eyes and saw 3 men who worked at the bungalows going through peoples beds. Not only will you have things stolen but on our first night one of the guys grabbed a girl from her bed and started shouting at her. This is the worst place I have ever stayed and you should not feel that scared when you sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the 8 person dorm with AC because just looking at the dorm with fan, (which was my original booking) terrified me. For $1.50 more a night, the upgrade was more then worth it. The dorm in general was really okay.. The only terrible thing is the mattress. It felt like I was sleeping on a plank of wood. The bathroom was a little gross cause the drain didnt work too well and there were webs and even plants growing on the inside. And to make the stay all the worse, we found a couple of cockroaches and a mouse in the bathroom.. But i guess that can be at any bungalow. The positives: wifi worked, plugs next to each bed, close to the beach, restaurants and bars. I recommend it if youre on budget and dont have back problems (although you probably will if you stay for more then a night) but stay AWAY from the dorm with fan..

• Stayed December 2013
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The bungalows are right in the centre of town not far to walk to the nightlife and restaurants the bungalow itself was a traditional Thai style with its own bathroom the hammock at the front was great for a good chill out its great for groups of friends and quiet on a night.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

private, hygienic and well equipped are not things you will hear about this place. If you are intending on partying and drinking then you will be well placed in the heart of the island.

Mind you i needed a drink after looking at the room and the mosquito net is not for show (unlike the fan), it could do with being thicker to stop the cockroaches and lizards from crawling on you in the night. Bad call staying here from me. However if you enjoy dirty dingey boxes i recommend you save the air fare and roll around in muck in your own garden.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights but changed it to 3, wish ha never now!
Arrives staff were ok and polite ish, showed us the budget bungalow 500B a night. It looked clean enough, and we had our own bathroom.
We got told about the safety deposit box which is behind reception but in the dorm room. So we thought we would use it with our OWN padlock. On the second night we went out to enjoy phi phi's nightlife and had booked onto a day trip the following day to tour phi phi islands. When we woke we went to get some extra cash for the trip, everything was normal until I opened our box to find our passports at the front. The money easy just slide in the passports, about 5000B had been taken and my partners wallet was in there with 50USD taken. Thankfully our passports were left and the trip organisers understood out dilemma and helped us organise things.
Reported it to the police, they didn't care but have us a report for insurance. (Basically we think the owners picked the lock)
We then had to spend another night there after being robbed!
Just have horrible memories of the place when there's so many nicer ones.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in the air con dorm for 5 nights. 8 beds, not the cleanest, found a rat in the bathroom one night (didn't bother me too much, but I could imagine it would for others) no locks on the dorms and the most uncomfortable beds ever! But you get what you pay for and the location was good. If you're going to go partying to the beach every night then it's grand, but if you want a few relaxing nights then I would stay away

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Flowers Bungalows? Share your experiences!