“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Phi Phi Barakuda has been providing quality dive trips and courses for over 20 years and as a multi award winning Dive Center you can be assured that all dives are planned and supervised to strict SSI/PADI standards. We run morning and afternoon dive trips every day and offer small personal group sizes of 2 students to 1 instructor on courses and 4 divers to a divemaster for fun dives.
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Loved diving with these guys, very open and frirndly staff plus amzing dive destinations. Would recommend this place to anyone

Visited December 2012

Karachi, Pakistan
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing Diving Experience with Barakuda team at Phi Phi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

After reviewing all the various dive teams at Koh Phi Phi Don, I decided to do my Discover Scuba Diving with the Barakuda dive team & my instructor was Francois. The D.S.D includes 2 dives around Phi Phi Lay and also takes you to the Bida islands if the weather permits. Since all the scuba courses and dive options offered by the various dive shops are all the same on the island & offer the same rates; what really matters is your instructor (especially how well you get along) and ofcourse that they have good, reliable and safe equipment and a well equipped boat that can get you to the dive sites. After going to over 4 different dive teams on the island, i decided to go with Barakuda and i am extremely happy i made that choice as it turned out to be one of the best dives i have ever had. My Instructor Francois was extremely helpful, patient and was professional throughout the dive. I had such a good time, that i booked another days dive and got to dive a total of four time all over Phi Phi Lay. I would highly recommend Barakuda dive team as they have a friendly & professional team. Their equipment is top of the line and they know the dive sites extremely well. Besides seeing dozen of different types of fish and coral, i also got to see an adult leopard shark, which was a memorable experience. I look forward to coming back to Phi Phi and diving with BARAKUDA!!! :) Ask for Momo at Barakuda, he helped me throughout signing up for my dive & deciding where to dive etc.

Visited July 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
“Amazing dive experience...for a first timer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

It's our first time diving, and personally for me, I'm not great in the water. Barakuda has some of the best skilled diving team, with very patient and experienced instructors. They are easy going, friendly and professional, which made the whole experience fun and exciting.

We did the Discovery dive, which takes you to about 12m deep. You get about 2 dives, plus food and drinks are provided on board. Trust me when I say, one dive is never enough! Discovering the deep blue and it's marine life is just amazing (we manage to see black tip sharks, turtles, cuttle fish & a whole lot more). And from someone who just learnt how to swim a week before, scuba diving is actually easier than swimming. Plus with having one instructor to 2 newbies give you the confidence to dive.

Bottom line, it was a really good experience, the dive team is great and I'm hooked on scuba diving.

Visited June 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing first dives with Barakuda's team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

It was the first time that I was diving and to be honest I was not really confident on how I will be able to breath, aqualize my hears.... But the skilled team reassured me thanks to simple and basic instructions. Therefore my mates and I took the discovery package where 2 dives were organised and to say after having done the first briefings it was the excitement, being able to dive at 12meters deep and seeing the big blue and marine life (tropical fishes, black point shark, tortles....) it was just splendid!
For the price you also have food and drinks on board.

Thanks once again and if you esitate in doing this experience then go ahead otherwise you will regret it.

Visited June 2012
Doha, Qatar
28 attraction reviews
“Great Experience With Barakuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

It was our second dive trip to the phuket area but instead of going from the Phuket mainland we went to phi phi for a few days to be closer to a few of the dive sites. Barakuda gave us dive computers at no extra cost, the regs and BCD`s were like new, the dive instructors were great, could upgrade on the fins but all in all it was a pleasure to dive with them. Food on the boat was good. Hassle free, easy going and had some good dives. The bar upstairs from the dive shop was a nice touch to just chillout after a hard days diving :-) Shame it caught fire on my last day, Get it reopened and advertise it !!! :-)

Visited April 2012