“Worth the wait ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth the wait ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We ordered a dinner of the chicken spring rolls followed by the famed Massaman Curry. We chose the chicken Massaman. The order took a little while to receive. The spring rolls were served which were plump, with a light, crispy batter which was not oily at all. The curry arrived shortly after. We were not disappointed. Ordered extra spicy it still maintained a delicate balance of spice, a hint of cardamom and the creamy, cooling, delicious coconut milk. The consistency was like a gravy and the chicken was super tender. Accompanied by rice. My partner and I loved this dish. Reasonably priced and friendly staff. Yet to try the rest of the menu...

• Hebrew first
“I dream of going back for another massaman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We visited in November last year after hunting the place down because of good reviews on TA. Firstly its not easy to find. If you can find Knock Out Bar in Tonsai then its just round the corner.

It does not look like much from the outside and the menu is not huge. These are the downsides. The good points outweigh these by a mile. The service is good and the owner is particularly friendly. When we ordered our food we were asked what % spicy we wanted and went with 70% as we were getting used to a good spice level.

Wow when I took that first taste of massaman steam was coming out of my ears. Every bite was amazing we (me and hubby) both love a thicker curry sauce and this one was perfect. The spicing was 10 times better than any other curry sauce we had on our trip. We also ordered a chicken with fresh chilli which was also nice but nothing could compete with the massaman.

When we look back on our trip we both agree this was the best tasting thai food we had eaten and this will be our first call on our return to Phi Phi this November.

Lastly the location is great in the evening as there is a bar next door with a live rock band playing covers which made our night perfect.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona
“Delicious food, the best restaurant in Thailand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Food and service was amazing. I'm vegan and they cook for me the vegan Pad Thai and also Vegan Green Curry. It vas delicious!! The guys and also the cats in the restaurant are lovely.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“That amazing, I'm reviewing the same night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had to write a review for this place as it was seriously the nicest meal I've had since being in Thailand! We are only in phi phi for 2 nights like a lot of people so I would recommend you try this place. I had the green curry with chicken. There was so much of it but it was that yummy I are every bit of it. I asked for a medium spice and it was very spicy! I ordered an extra rice also! It's cheap but don't be put off by that...it's really good! The staff are very friendly too! A nice atmosphere from them!

Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious Thai food with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had dinner here recently, and although we ordered too much, it allowed us to sample some of the best of Thailand! The Green Curry, Pad Thai, and Chicken w/Cashew Nut dishes were all amazing, and served very quickly. The staff were exceptionally friendly, big smiles and lots of gratitude. The setting was fairly basic but this added to the "local" ambience. If we ever make it back to Koh Phi Phi we'll be back for another green curry!

Visited August 2014