“Awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: With roots going back to 1989, P.P. Aquanauts Scuba is one of the first purpose-built dive centers on Phi Phi. With a unique non-commercial but professional style, both fun and safety are maximized. All dives are planned and supervised to strict PADI standards, which are recognized worldwide. Personal attention and professional care are corner-stones of the Aquanauts family. Customized trips, night dives and drinks on the breezy porch are available every day of the year.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
41 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Group of 5 - 4 novices and an experienced diver. Started out with Serge - FANTASTIC! We had an incredibly awesome experience, saw some turtles, a shark, beautiful coral. They went out of their way to point out the underwater life with respect. Also very experienced in working with all diving experience levels - from the freaked out novice to the quick to learn eager beaver.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
27 attraction reviews
“Awesome team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were first time divers and did the fun dive program with P.P. Aqaunauts...would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of diving in Phi Phi.

I had researched online and reached out to them via email in advance… they were very responsive and answered all my queries promptly and thoroughly (couple of other places I wrote to didn't even bother writing back).

On reaching Phi Phi, the lady at the dive center at our resort had made me uncomfortable about even trying diving, given my limited swimming capabilities. However, when we walked into the Aquanauts center, Hugo made us feel relaxed and comfortable as he answered all our questions and walked us through how things would work. As the other reviewers have said, the atmosphere at the center is very calm & laid back and doesn’t feel like they are interested only in “selling” stuff, which is the feeling one gets as you walk past some of the many other dive shops on Ko Phi Phi Don.

Our dive instructor Raz was the more than we could have hoped for – friendly, enthusiastic, encouraging and above all extremely patient with two very nervous clients! He helped us relax and overcome our fears, and tailored the lesson to suit our capabilities.

All in all, an amazing team, who made our diving experience special.

Accrington, United Kingdom
“SERGE IS THE MAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and my fiancé both learnt to dive with these guys. It was a brilliant experience and Serge is a legend. Brilliant instructor, answered all our questions and it was just the two of us learning with Serge so we could repeat different skills as many times as we wanted so we were both comfortable/confident. On the whole it was an amazing experience. We saw more diving in Koh Phi Phi than in the great barrier reef! Turtles, sharks, nemos.... etc. Must do! Worth every single penny! Your missing out if you don't learn to dive with these guys.... Perfect!! 10/10 :) 2 happy open water divers.
Adam and Aoife x

Visited March 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Great instructors and dive masters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I did my open water here. They were very flexible and friendly and my instructor was extremely patient with me. Only two students per instructor the whole time. Absolutely worth it and highly recommended!

Kelowna, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“BEST dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently went out with this dive company....our dive instructor was Chris, him and his team were amazing friendly and very qualified , especially Chris, it was my first fun dive and he was always made sure I was feeling comfortable and the reef that took us too was great with lots to see.

Had so much fun, defiantly recommend.

Visited March 2013