“Beach Front View” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Melbourne
“Beach Front View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 via mobile

This restaurant had tables right on the beach as well as a decent indoor area. We ate here several times during our recent stay at Holiday Inn. Every time we found the food and service good and great value for money and the atmosphere really pleasant. The Karoke singer made us laugh and put us instantly in a jovial mood. Loved the happy hour drinks for 99 baht! We couldn't fault it for value for money and preferred it to other options close by.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth, Texas
“Horrible food and service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

Complete dissapointment.  I've eaten at plenty of restaraunts around the globe and must say I've never felt so compelled to write a review.  My wife's entree came out twenty minutes before mine.  I ordered large tiger prawn off the menu cooked Thai style.  I received three tiny prawn grilled plain - no flavor or taste.  I asked for the manager and tried to explain how my wife's meal came out early and that mine was not what I ordered.  He smiled said he was sorry and brought the bill.  This place is a complete rip off - they take complete advantage of the one good thing they have and that's the view.  Oh and the entertainment - just plain terrible.  I can appreciate karaoke but the guy singing to the crowd while we dined was bad - and not in a good way.  By the time we paid our bill the place was empty.  Either the food or entertainment had managed to run all the patrons off.  Sad to say, this was the worst, most overpriced meal we had in Thailand.  I would not reccomend this restaurant to anyone.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic food and service in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

This restaurant really was a great find indeed. It has by far the best food offer and value for money in the area and I cannot believe that it hasn’t got more reviews as everyone really was enjoying their dining experience. Its cleaner and has better tasting food and is only priced slightly higher than its nearby rival (if you can call it a rival). The young waiter that served us was very polite and attentive and it seemed that the rest of the staff up to the same first class service standard. If you are staying at one of three resorts in this area then rest assured you can get a fantastic meal at the Sawasdee. Enjoy...

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“The food was good, the view brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I visited this restaurant with my wife and we really enjoyed the food here. We had some Thai food that was excellent. Try the fried fish and the spring roles as a starter. We then had a green curry which was very good.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Essex UK
“Just another beachfront restaurant, but.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Just another beachfront restaurant, but located at PP Erawan Palms in between Holiday Inn and Zeavola, the location is its No1 asset. With both indoor and outdoor seating, this restaurant is handy if you are unlucky enough to have a windy or rainy day.
Serving a pretty wide range of European meals as well as traditional Thai meals, this place is handy for those travelling with kids who often prefer burger and fries etc.
This is not a spectacular restaurant....more what I call a good utility outfit offering excellent value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere