“Better resorts on Long Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of P.P. Blue Sky Resort

You added P.P. Blue Sky Resort to your Saves list
P.P. Blue Sky Resort
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   138/2 , Moo 7 | Long Beach (Had Yaow), Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
dublin
“Better resorts on Long Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights of 3 night trip to Phi Phi after checking out early from Phuphaya Seaview Resort: I literally got off a boat and asked if there was rooms, I took the first room that was on offer to be honest after the previous hotel I would have slept in the jungle.

Location:
The hotel is on Long Beach which is mainly accessible by Long Boat, it costs 100B per person from the pier. At night time some boatmen will try to charge you anything from 500B-1000B to get back, we just declined and found someone who would take us for less. You will pay more to go back at night time the most we paid was 150B per person.

Long Beach is a lot more relaxed than the area around Tonsai during the day it can get kinda hectic with the boats coming ashore, once or twice I was convinced they were about to hit people in the water. The water gets deep very quickly and the tide can be pretty rough at times to if you do have kids there make sure to keep your eye on them

Rooms:
The rooms were basic and clean, there was some ants in one of the sideboards but after 10days in Thailand anything smaller than the size of my hand didn’t bother me anymore, the bed was comfy. During the day the electricity would switch off for 1minute and then come back on (I assume they switch to a generator or something)

The rooms are cleaned daily and towels changed daily

There is no wifi in the resort

Staff:
I only encountered the old man and the lady at reception, the lady was certainly no nonsense and I dint think was willing to go the extra mile. Read my review of Phuphaya Seaview Resort: to see a proper bad experience, so after that I found her to be a delight

There is no restaurant however the resort next door has both a restaurant and wifi and long boats, so if I was to stay anywhere it would be there or one of the other resorts on Long Beach. Not that there was anything wrong with my stay at Sky Blue but I just feel there is more available in the other resorts

Overall:
It is an ok basic resort, if you are pre-booking your resort I would advise you to book elsewhere on Long Beach as there are probably better resorts for the same price I think we paid about €50 a night. If you’re just turning up and getting digs, believe me you could do a lot worse . . . a LOT worse

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Owner Not polite at all
Located in long beach means that you have to get a taxi boat to go to Town otherwise walk 30 min in the forest
No taxi boat at night or maybe 1000 bahts they Will drop you off
Place ok for family but not for people who want to go out
Facilites are terrible very old
I've been shocked in the shower by the hot water generator
Don't go in this hôtel
No electricity between 1pm - 6pm (maybe all hôtels in Phi Phi?)
No restaurant

• Stayed July 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had the cheapest AC bungalow which was badly maintained. Staff was nice but the whole place was just totally lifeless.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We know Long Beach quite well having visited before and stayed in several resorts and can say that for Thailand, this particularly beach is very expensive. You need to accept that all the resorts on this stretch are overpriced for what they offer.

We saw the bad reviews on TA for Phi Phi Blue Sky shortly before leaving the UK, so decided to just find a resort upon arrival. I can see why the proprietors are described as brusque, however, our experience was that all 3 were actually very warm and delightful - once they get to know you, and provided you are polite and respectful and display a sense of humour.

I might add that to give you an idea of the sort of standards we hold, as its hard to know on TA the expectations and standards of different types of people, I run an interior design business in London and my partner is a hedge fund manager, we have high standards but we have both backpacked extensively at various price-points thoughout most of Thailand numerous times over the past decade.

I can't speak for the beachfront and older bungalows at Blue Sky, but we had the Delux bungalows at the rear which were very nicely done and good value - FOR LONG BEACH! (Expensive for any of the other islands!). We were offered to see the rooms first, and even after we returned to Blue Sky after a disastrous interlude at Paradise Pearl (see separate review), the old chap insisted that I saw the proferred alternative, prior to acceptance, as our original room was unavailable.

These rooms were very clean, light and airy, well lit (unlike most Thai guesthouses) and perfectly comfortable. And most importantly, completely sealed against mosquitos. Style is actually more Scandinanvian beach house than traditional Thai - polished white porcelain floors, white timber clad and plaster walls, dove grey timber trims, and decently made good quality drapes.

Breakfast was a touch spartan - functional but sufficient and very sweetly, the mother brought us some home-made jellies one morning.

Our overall impression is that Long Beach, whilst pretty and convenient, is generally very overpriced and locals are very tired and jaded. The Deluxe rear bungalows at Blue Sky far exceed Paradise Pearl's priced equivalent and those of the other resorts on Long Beach.

Room Tip: Choose the rear Deluxe - they're new and well finished.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

After reading reviews on here I was relieved and very happy to see a beautiful little blue and white bungalow, clean, spacious and modern, set in a gorgeous frangipani garden with a white painted wooden verandah. The reception lady was pleasant enough, efficient, not grumpy or rude at all. There were lots of other people staying and they all seemed happy too.

I would recommend booking the deluxe bungalow that we had for a few bucks more. Our friends had the standard beachfront which was fine, clean but older and apparently the water pressure wasn't great. We had an LCD tv in our room too.

• Stayed March 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed here as we couldn't get anywhere else at such short notice (we decided to leave Koh Lanta early and stay on Phi Phi a bit longer) so we weren't really fussy. We'd booked the Beach Resort for a couple of days later so weren't really bothered, just wanted to get to Long Beach. Anyway, compared to the other resorts on this stretch it's probably the worst or close to. The room was ok, the shower was a bit rusty and there were ants around but it was light and airy and clean. You ordered your breakfast the night before and it was delivered to your room, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't awful. I'll agree with what others have said with regards to the owners, they're certainly not cut out for hospitality! Not very welcoming and you'll be lucky to get a smile. I'd say this place is pretty average, I wouldn't want to stay here for longer than 3 days and i'd certainly be disappointed if it was my 2 week holiday. For a short stay or if you're travelling and are looking for something that's not a cheapo hostel then it fine. Basic, clean, on the beach, cheap compared to other places on Long Beach and if you're planning on spending most of your time scuba diving, chilling on the beach or partying and are just looking for somewhere to dump your stuff and sleep then it serves its purpose.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and would definitely recommend long beach without a doubt but wouldn't bother staying here. The rooms are decent size but very old fashioned. It is clean enough. Not impressed at all with the owner. Don't think she cracked a smile from the moment we got there. Unfortunately my hair dye ran on to the pillow (note this was a bog standard White cotton pillowcase) and was charged 2500 baht!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!! Think this place is very very overpriced for how basic it is!!! Much better to stay in one of the neighbouring places!!!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to P.P. Blue Sky Resort? Share your experiences!