“Yoga in Phi Phi” 4 of 5 stars

(+66) 087 2781997
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Keirita's Yoga (& Scuba Diving) draws from a complimentary mix of varying yoga styles which are predominantly Hatha and Ashtanga based.All classes are small & personal with ten or less per group.Private classes are also available on request.For those looking for a yoga and a scuba diving experience then this can be easily arranged. The yoga practice is most beneficial when it comes to diving as the mindful breathing and movement techniques of the yoga practice help enormously with becoming accustomed to the mindful breathing and movement practices of scuba diving. Keirita's yoga offers a choice of locations on Phi Phi Island. You can choose between an indoor, outdoor or an underwater environment to practice in... The indoor yoga studio is located in the state of the art Banyan Villa Hotel's fitness center. The spacious studio is complete with large windows, one wall of mirrors to aid with alignment and high ceilings. It is also air conditioned for those who find the heat of the tropics a little too much. The purpose built outdoor yoga deck is conveniently located in the shade of Phi Phi's famous rock climbing wall (Ton Sai Tower) at the Mama Beach Residence.The underwater practice of yoga takes place in Phi Phi's Marine Park. It does not involve the practice of traditional yoga asana as such but instead on a clear focus on breath and particularly in conjunction with smooth graceful and mindful movement of diving. Once one becomes accustomed to the practice of scuba diving it becomes a most peaceful underwater meditation.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
London
“Yoga in Phi Phi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Keira is lovely, friendly and responsive so it was easy to sign up for class. Went at 6.30pm - lovely to practice yoga outside. I went to the intermediate/advanced class and particularly enjoyed the more challenging postures. Hope to visit again soon!

Visited December 2012
KeiritasYoga, Owner at Keiritas Yoga, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive yoga experience in my class. It is much appreciated! I hope that you guys will someday make back for a repeat session.
Kind Regards
Keirita's yoga

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great location and great teacher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to the mixed level class in January 2013. Keira was a very friendly and helpful instructor. She explained everything well so it was easy for beginners or experienced yogi's. Also an amazing view from the deck by the beach! Namaste

Visited January 2013
KeiritasYoga, Owner at Keiritas Yoga, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hey!,
thank you yet again for your wonderful review of your phi phi yoga experience! I am hoping that you will be back again for a holiday in the not too distant future...
Kind Regards
Keirita's Yoga
Germany
“Excellent and fun. Kiera is extremely friendly and knows her Yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Really enjoyed the experience. went 3 days in a row and all were fun. yoga takes place in an amazing setting on wooden deck overlooking sand and sea. Keira is clearly a yoga expert and is friendly, approachable and professional

thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on my yoga class. It is much appreciated and I hope that you will return again someday.

Kind regards
Keiritas yoga
Kennedy Town, null, Hong Kong
“I want to go back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was in Phi Phi at the end of October 2012. The island was way more touristic than I imagined, and one of the things that saved it from being a negative experience was Keira's yoga class. I attended her group class on the afternoon that I arrived. I liked it so much that I booked two private class with Keira right away. She was so kind to agree to meet me before sunrise, and it was a magical experience to watch the day break while doing yoga.

I had only practiced yoga for eight months at the time, and was just learning how to do inversion. Keira was extremely patient, and helped me move with clarity. In our last session, I was no longer afraid of the headstand. (Btw, the mountain looked amazing when viewed from that angle :) I thought about the experience afterwards, and realized one could only overcome the fear with the help of someone she truly trusted.

Apart from the yoga class, Keira also recommended a really nice French restaurant, a bakery, and a wonderful massage place. I hope one day I will be able to go back, if only because I miss Keira's class and her smile.

Visited October 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing yoga with Phi phi's best wiew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Keirita was an incredible instructor! She made the class appropriate for the people who were joining it. since we were no beginners we did a mixed level yoga class that was great for both mind and body. She explained very well and helped us when we were struggling. she reminded us about our berthing and she had a very positive energy.
I truly recommend any one from beginner to advanced to try out the yoga!
put on mosquito repellent and just enjoy the amazing sunset view while you practice your balance, mind and strength! :)

- Maria

Visited January 2013
thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering and in depth review of my yoga class. I hope our paths will cross again someday on phi phi.
Kind regards,