“Opened up a whole new world to me” 5 of 5 stars

Ko Phi Phi Don 81000, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Hippo Divers is a PADI 5 Star Resort and Career Development Center.Hippo Divers offers you quality diving courses with the best prices in the world. With an unmatched friendly and professional staff, Hippo Divers guarantees you the best time both in and out of the water.Hippo Divers is principally a diving school. We are dedicated to teaching scuba diving and our goal is to introduce this amazing, safe, fun, and unique sport to as many curious, enthusiastic and adventurous, young and old people as possible.Every year, Hippo Divers organises a clean-up day with PADI's PROJECT AWARE and supports several others community efforts.For all you sea, nature lovers and diving enthusiasts, please take a moment to browse our web site to discover the beauty of Koh Phi Phi and the services offered by the Hippo Divers.
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Opened up a whole new world to me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm not a great swimmer. Never have been. Generally speaking, water is not my friend. But, strangely, I've always been fascinated by scuba diver. Which is where Hippo Divers and Katy came in.

I signed up for the 3 day open water license at Hippo Divers and, fortunately for me, got Katy as my instructor. Given that I've had some pretty bad experiences before, I'm not exactly the most at comfortable person in the water. However, Katy's patient, calm and reassuring demeanour really helped get me through the whole experience. I was amazed at how swiftly she managed to put me at ease and teach me the essentials I'd need to dive. By the end of the 2nd day I was completely at ease under the water and loving the experience.

I can't recommend Hippo Divers and Katy enough. They've opened up a whole new world to me and I'm already planning my next diving trip!

Visited February 2013

Brisbane
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never gone scuba diving before and a friend and I decided to take the opportunity on Koh Phi Phi. Expecting pickup for our hotel and not overly prepared we found ourself at a loss at how we would get from the dock to our hotel. Enter Katy our dive instructor who map in hand guided us back to our hotel along with some advice on where to find the best grub on the island. At that point we had already decided we'd be back to Hippo for our dive course. We weren't disappointed, Katy was an excellent instructor. She was very patient, fun and friendly and made it easy to follow her instructions. Her enthusiasm for diving and fun nature really came across in the lessons and made for our best experience in Thailand! I'd highly recommend hippo and Katy for anyone looking to dive in Phi Phi!

Visited January 2013
“Super!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and My friend took the open water certificate With hippo divers. Everybody were very kind and especially Johanna! She took very good care of us and helped us very much. I recommend you to take the open water certificate With Johanna especially if you are swedish! /mathias

Seattle, Washington
“great trip for beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have never been scuba diving before, so was somewhat intimidated by the whole thing. we liked the people at Hippo Divers so picked that company, and we were so glad we did! we had Sophie for an instructor for me and my husband, and she was excellent! she gave very clear instructions, and was fun and friendly. can't recommend this experience more!

Visited January 2013
“Best experience I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Me and my friend took the PADI open water certificate at hippo divers and we had Johanna as instructor. These three days were one of the most best experience I've ever had! Learning to dive and at the same time get to se all these different animals and environments was so awesome! To anyone learning to dive I must recommend hippo divers and Johanna as a instructor! (Especially if your Swedish!)

//Niclas