“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I'm so happy we chose Paradise Pearl in Phi Phi. I will admit, on the walk over the whole time I was thinking - "This better be worth it!" (make sure you take the PAVED path from Viking Beach to Paradise Pearl, we made that mistake with our heavy backpacks!)...and it was! The location was amazing, bungalows were great, and front desk staff were very helpful. And after we took the walk into town without our backpacks, it was all good - well lit and only when you get closer to the hotel does it get a bit steep/rocky. I would stay here again, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: Beds are a bit hard, we had M1
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Not sure what all the complaining is about.... this hotel was lovely in my eyes. The location was perfect, and probably has the best beach in phi phi! The view is breathtaking. For people moaning about having to get a long tail every now and again... What do you expect, there is no other way to get there unless you are too lazy too walk! (Which we did most nights and was enjoyable even in the dark) the prices of long tails are expected. The staff weren't rude.., it was just a case of having the usual language barrier in which is fairly common still in many hotels around Thailand. Would defiantly return to this hotel or one along long beach if I return to Phi Phi again. The walk and the boats are worth the view in which you wake up to every morning

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This hotel has to be the WORST hotel I have ever been to. Firstly in order to get to the hotel you need to get a long boat, this would be fine if they drop you off on the right beach but my experience was different. The long boats are the taxis in phi phi and 75% of them will try to overcharge you and are extremely rude. I would advise, if you are insistent you want to go to this hotel against my advise, to book the hotels longboat taxi prior to getting there so you get a fair price and you don't have to walk up hills with your suitcases. The staff are very rude, the receptionist seems to be a 15 year old girl and did not help us at all and they all could not communicate with us in english! The room is terrible as the room I stayed in had bed bugs and when I told the reception they did nothing to help and I had to stay there for 5 nights which resulted me getting scabies. It was hell! The only positive thing about this hotel is the location. The beach is beautiful but my advise would be to stay somewhere else and come to long beach for a day.
If you want to book any activities in phi phi, do not do this at this hotel because they will overcharge you. We paid double the amount compared to other individuals at different hotels so you need to bargain with this hotel to get a fair price but seeing as their English is really poor it will be hard near to impossible to have a conversation with them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Excellent location. Not in the frenzy town but not too far from everything 25 min walk away from ton sai but with a few climbing to do. In my opinion nice room. Water in the shower odd but is an island maybe ok. Breakfast and food of the hotel nice. Attention from the personal of the hotel not the kindest of the world but is not as terrible as other opinions I read. Overall a paradise to relax. Private tour in long boat from hotel great

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner are staying here for a couple of nights for a relaxing stop off before heading to east coast islands. We are in a K bungalow which has a stunning view of the sea and just a few steps from the beautiful long beach. We loved it here. The staff are fine, the room is good the food is good-average...exactly what we expected and paid for. Lovely setting and highly recommend long beach as opposed to Ton Sai area if you want a bit of peace and dignity! Such a shame Phi Phi is being ruined by jumping on the drinking culture bandwagon.

• Stayed August 2014
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We returned to Long beach for the 4th time. We stayed at Paradise Pearl in 2010, then stayed at Paradise Resort (down the beach) in 2012 & 2013. Due to the renovations at Paradise Resort this year, we decided to return to Paradise Pearl.

There is no doubt that Long beach is a brilliant location, and it is the location that keeps bringing us back - great beach, swimming and an unbeatable view!
Paradise pearl has a minimart where you can grab a drink/beer/snack or its only 100 -150 baht (depending on time of day) to Tonsai if you want more options (food massage, shops, nightlife etc).

The best massages in our opinion are out the front of Paradise resort (down the beach) and the Blue Moon restaurant further down past The Beach Resort has some great food and really friendly service.

The service at Paradise Pearl restaurant is what it is (and has been for years) but nonetheless, if you are friendly to them they will bring you your food and you might get a smile. We did not require any more than that!

This time around we stayed in K1 - Thai house. This was much better than the M rooms in which we stayed in 2010. It has a view, an outside balcony area to sit and it is close enough to reception that WI FI is available in the room. Air con was good and the room was cleaned adequately each day.

Keep in mind that if the tide is not favourable, you will need to go to the next beach and climb over the hill so I recommend if you are coming to this resort- think about this when packing! Big heavy suitcases are near impossible to manage over the hill- backpack or duffle bag styles are much easier!

Depending on the outcome of the renovations with Paradise Resort I would say that next time we return to long beach, i'd probably book Paradise Pearl again. Yes it is basic, yes the service is average but given most of our day was spent on the beach - this place met our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

It took me half of year to write this review because I didn’t want to remind this hotel.
Reception girl is dishonest. I think she is the part of family that owned this hotel. All the rest of staff supports her in order do not lose the job.
So, we had a extremely bad experience with the fraud in this hotel. Even now to put the details is difficult for me and returns me to bad mood.
We tried as much it possible to concentrate on our trips, tours and sea in order do not ruine our vacation.
My lessons learned: if major sites do not provide booking of some hotel, means they know something . Don’t try to make a trick and find another portal
that will reserve the hotel.
We tried to complain to reservation company agoda directly from the reception and got the same unpleasant behavior.
Rooms – average
Breakfast – average
Beach – very good. View excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Phi Phi Paradise Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!