“Great dives - again” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Blue View Divers is a PADI 5 Star and Green Star Awarded diving centre; run with safety, the local community and the environment in mind. Our Dive School sits on the northern most tip of Loh Dalum Bay overlooking the beautiful Andaman Sea. Just a short ferry ride from Phuket or Krabi and you’ll be here. With years of experience diving around Koh Phi Phi, we know that it is best seen and dived from a small boat with small groups. We strive to dive the islands the way they should be dived; small groups, flexible schedules, relaxed, safe and professional. We offer a full range of PADI courses and guided dives on the local reefs. We are one of the only dive schools with access to a beautiful infinity pool for training which makes the introduction to scuba diving much more fun, easier and comfortable!Our environmentally friendly dive practices has earned us spots in several Lonely Planet Guides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great dives - again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We first dived with Blue View in January 2011 and didn't consider going anywhere else when we returned to Phi Phi this year, so two years to the day later we rocked up at the dive centre to book in. Thanks Kiera for taking us back to the underworld of Phi Phi at Bida Nok and Malong. Two fabulous relaxed dives and some great sightings - we love sleepy Leopoard sharks!

Diving from a long tail in a small group is so much better than being one of 20 or 30 on a big boat jostling for room, and it feels so much more "Thai".

We also like the lunch on a beach and are pleased that the litter picking continues even if it must seem a losing battle. Just imagine how much trash would be there if Blue View were not taking away at least a bin bag full every trip!

The acid test is would we dive with them again. Absolutely! As soon as we can get back to Phi Phi!

We have two points to make - observations not criticisms - aside from the dives themselves, the trip felt a bit rushed and when we got back to the beach we realised that this was because the gear was needed for an afternoon dive trip. If we had known that it would have explained things. We would prefer a more leisurely lunch and less hurried boat transfers. Secondly, as I am an air-pig I like to use 15l tanks so that I (and others) get a reasonable length dive. Blue View charge 300 Baht per tank, (2011 it was 200 Baht). I have never been charged any extra anywhere else. I am happy to pay but wanted others to be aware, it does seem a bit steep.

Visited January 2013
BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback, it is always good to hear back from divers who have dived with us in the past. I apologise that you felt rushed with your day, we are in the middle of peak season and that day we had two trips scheduled which does not happen often. We always take steps to improve our service and it is good to have feedback from one of our busier days. We want our divers to feel relaxed in their diving day and we will make steps to make sure our day will not be rushed for our guests in future.

In regards to the 15L tanks, unfortunately we do not currently have any of our own, it is a service we offer to divers who request them. The company who rent them out charge us 300B, which is 100B more expensive than 2 years ago, and that is what we charge our divers. We hope to invest in some large tanks in 2013 so next time you return hopefully we will have them!

6 attraction reviews
“Best diving ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The joy of diving from a longtail boat is hard to describe. When you are just three divers divin from a small boat with your own dive master for the day at a very affordable price life can't get much better. Top that off with an unbeatable price on Phi Phi (nobody else even comes close to their price) and the beautiful lunch on the "pristine" strip of sand away from the chaos of Maya Bay, 3 turtles, sea snakes, leopard sharks and amazing corals and you have the best possible day of diving possible. Thanks Narong and Blue View for such an amazing day on the water!!!

Thank you for your reply, and it is great to receive such positive feed back from you! Due to the personalised service we offer and the small groups on the long tail boats, our divers do feel that we offer a higher level of service. For that we don't charge any more, or any less! Our prices are exactly the same as all the other dive schools on the island but we are always glad to hear that our divers feel that they get better value for money!
“Fantastic but Small dive company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Blue View Divers is a fantastic company to learn to do any sort of PADI scuba diving and Koh Phi Phi Don is the most unbelievable place in which to do it!

It was my first time diving for 9 years having allowed my open water qualification to stagnate. This was no problem to the instructors and I signed up for a very competitively priced refresher package. This package incorporated some refresher sessions in the pool with some classroom based studying to test my knowledge. The swimming pool to which the company has access is right outside their dive shop.

The next big thing that drew me to choose BVD over other companies that operate on Koh Phi Phi Don is that they are the only company on the island that dive off of the back of a small, wooden, long tail boat rather than a huge commercial metal boat. The benefit of this is two-fold. 1) The small boat means small dive groups with a high Instructor to student ratio which ensures safety at all times. 2) The small boat allows for flexibility that other, larger boats don't have when waiting for their 3rd group of divers to surface. This means you get to dive in more locations, see more things and feel safer when doing it.

The best thing of all about BVD is the instructors! The instructors Kris and Alex were professional and very clear in their explanation of everything they wanted us to do. The instructors were also a lot of fun, their passion for what they do shines through in their outlook. This made our experience so much more pleasurable than it could have been with someone else that was just going through the motions. The instructors were also backed up by a compliment of quality dive masters.

To conclude, I cannot recommend BVD enough. That dive company made our experience of Koh Phi Phi one to be remembered. I will be going back in the near future.

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“"The time of my Life"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Over the past months I had the privilege to learn from and dive with the most happy, competent and caring people I had met on Phi Phi Island. After a long intrinsic passion for diving I decided Blue View Divers would be the perfect place to sign up for my Padi Dive Master Course; and what a fabulous decision that was. Before I had even started my training I felt accepted by all of those who work their.

A Fabulous couple of months involved in the dynamics of this wonderful shop proved to me, that the service and safety of customers at Blue View is the forefront of every staff members motivation and passion to make diving an experience one will never forget. With the collective passion for diving and the environment Blue View ensure there full participation in beach clean ups, and environmentally friendly dive practice.

To the Blue View Divers team, in no particular order I would like to thank, Caroline, Kris, Alex, Adam, Narong, Pgay, Peenok, Bow and all the other support crew/services that let me feel the very special "Blue View Experience"

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Great diving experience -again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was my second visit to Phi Phi and my second time diving with Blue View Divers too. Caroline was incredible helpful and supportive and put me at ease straightaway. As during my first visit two years ago, they seem to carefully pick up the dive site depending on weather conditions and other factors. We saw loads of sea life and during my second dive, we saw white tip reef sharks. I had to cancel my dives on my second day due to sickness and they were very understanding and did not charge me anything despite cancelling on the same day of the dives.

The only difference this time was that the dive sites were a little busier than two years ago, with more divers at the dive sites apart from us, and I wonder if this has to do with the time, as this last visit, the dives were in the afternoon rather than the morning.

I strongly recommend this dive centre and I am quite likely to go back when I get the chance to visit the south of Thailand again!

Visited December 2012